FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

St Johnstone v Rangers - Postponed

Sean93

Id say yes. McDiarmid park seems extremely unreliable as soon as a teaspoon of water hits the turf.

It has nothing to do with the turf. It never has. It's always the police that call it off for the 'surrounding areas'. The turf is in perfect condition. Trust me.

surrounding areas might be unsuitable for the amount of fans rangers would bring but im sure it would be ok for us

Sensible post.:twothumbsup:

It was the same with the United game for Saints when that was called off. They also would've brought a huge crowd to McDiarmid. How many Caley fans will travel? Will the trains be back to normal?

surrounding areas might be unsuitable for the amount of fans rangers would bring but im sure it would be ok for us

It was the same with the United game for Saints when that was called off. They also would've brought a huge crowd to McDiarmid. How many Caley fans will travel? Will the trains be back to normal?

With it being our nearest away game i think we could be looking at 100 - 150 ICT fans .

With it being our nearest away game i think we could be looking at 100 - 150 ICT fans .

Surely you will bring more than that?

A friend just left this on my face book:

"Passed the car park today when in Perth and it has at least 4 inches of solid ice which I can't see shifting in the next 5 days not to mention the flooded roundabout beside the entrance which has about a foot and a half of water and building with nowhere to go."

Doesn't look good!!! Hopefully it will be sorted by Sunday!

"Passed the car park today when in Perth and it has at least 4 inches of solid ice which I can't see shifting in the next 5 days not to mention the flooded roundabout beside the entrance which has about a foot and a half of water and building with nowhere to go."

Bollocks! The car park is not the problem! Because of the small numbers travelling the police would not make this an issue. It's the nature of the surrounding streets which pose the problems. With United and Rangers having huge travelling support the the police were concerned where to park them all not to mentionn thousands walikng on icy and unconventional streets. This is clearly not to be expected with the Inverness Jags.

Bollocks! The car park is not the problem! Because of the small numbers travelling the police would not make this an issue. It's the nature of the surrounding streets which pose the problems. With United and Rangers having huge travelling support the the police were concerned where to park them all not to mentionn thousands walikng on icy and unconventional streets. This is clearly not to be expected with the Inverness Jags.

Are you saying bollocks because there isn't any ice on the car park and I must be making it up or because having the car park covered in ice wouldn't be a problem?!

Are you saying bollocks because there isn't any ice on the car park and I must be making it up or because having the car park covered in ice wouldn't be a problem?!

I'm saying bollocks because the game was called off because of the roads and not the car park. There is tiny little pieces of white on the car park but it's certainly not inches of anything which your friend has so unreliably informed you. I see it every single day and the car park is fine.

This has nothing to do with the pitch nor with the carpark. This is about Taysides finest not wanting to police the games. Same Chief Constable made the decision in Dundee as in Perth. The CC is frightened he'll be sued if one of his foot soldiers slips and hurts himself or gets hit by a car cos he has to walk on the road seeing as the pavements have been piled high with snow.. Nothing to do with fans falling about.

As for sunday, assuming no more snow and the present thaw continuing I cant see any reason for it being called of.

This has nothing to do with the pitch nor with the carpark. This is about Taysides finest not wanting to police the games. Same Chief Constable made the decision in Dundee as in Perth. The CC is frightened he'll be sued if one of his foot soldiers slips and hurts himself or gets hit by a car cos he has to walk on the road seeing as the pavements have been piled high with snow.. Nothing to do with fans falling about.

As for sunday, assuming no more snow and the present thaw continuing I cant see any reason for it being called of.

Everything of this statement I agree with. This is sensible posting.

Praise from a tractorman.....whatever next

By the way I live a few hundred yards from McDairmid

Where about? The funny thing is I know an Alex McLeod. He drinks in the Sports And Social club. He's originally a Northern chap.

You maybe live a hundred yards from it but you can't spell the place correctly!

You maybe live a hundred yards from it but you can't spell the place correctly!

Sorry bout that. Spelling is not my strongest point but now that i've looked into it properly I realise its MACDERMIDDEN. Incidently I'm not the Alex MacLeod you know and I live in Letham (The posh part)

Edited by Alex MacLeod