FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

GordyfromSneck

Scotty

post-2-0-34896100-1329236921.jpg
It is with extreme sadness that I post this thread to let everyone know of news that reached me a few minutes ago that a formerly prolific poster on the site passed away over the weekend from a heart attack.

Gordon Urquhart, known as "GordyfromSneck" on here was in his fifties and most recently had been living in Zambia. He was also enrolled at UHI on a PG course in Interpretation and had assisted many of the museums in the Highlands.

Seems like Gordy took his love of Caley Thistle with him to Zambia, where a blogger friend of his wrote this little bio below a poem he had submitted to the site ....

"Gordon Urquhart is a Scoattish Heelander living in Zambia, where his short attention span attracts less attention. He likes making wee films about animals, portmanteau electronic music, his children, Inverness Caley Thistle, history and the bittersweet prospect of the death of capitalism. Though she gets irritated by his sarcasm, he loves his wife. He thinks he isn't nearly sarcastic enough."

On a personal level, the news stunned me even more as I had been thinking of him just this morning after reading the "where are they now?" thread and noting that someone had mentioned Africa. I remember my last conversation with him, where he was trying to figure out how he could get radio coverage of ICT games from abroad and was picking my brains for the info.

On behalf of the website, and from me personally, our thoughts, best wishes, and deepest condolences go out to his family, and to those who knew him well whether on here or in real life.

As a mark of respect to Gordy, we shall be 'retiring' his username so no-one can use it in the future.

RIP Gordy.

What a shocker. Saw Gordy at the Aberdeen game at Christmas and he was so glad to be back watching his team, the banter flying back and forth. He was hoping to be a regular again after the summer. A real warm-hearted gentle giant, Invernessian to the core, a Caley fan from Highland League days. He'll be sorely missed, and will always be remembered when we are at games in the future. Very. very sad.