FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Proctor relies on 6th sense P&J article

12th Man

Proctor is relying on Caley Jags sixth sense

Caley Thistle defender David Proctor has warned his Inverness team-mates they cannot afford any more slip-ups if they are to remain serious contenders for the Scottish Premier League top six.

The Highland club must bounce back after a 4-1 defeat by Rangers when they head to Dundee United on Monday.

Inverness are nine points adrift of sixth-placed Hearts and Proctor reckons Caley Jags need to avoid defeat in their remaining six games before the split to stand a chance of joining the league’s elite.We need to hone in on our ESP and our Gaffer wants me to tell Pernis that 'I see dead people' prior to us taking a corner.

Having links to the Dundee club he recalls frequently seeing the undead walking the streets around Tayside,he remembers one of them approaching him one Sunday afternoon and making contact. Fear and excitement filled him from being contacted by a rotund zombie like person and his words spoken will haunt Proctor forever, David composed himself and relayed the question that the half life asked ' How do I get te the overgate centre, ah want te buy a mankini fer ma holiday'

Oh well, there's nothing like never letting up on a player who has actually served ICT well in past years. Sure makes one feel better about our team doesn't it?

And, from all accounts, his last game was much better wasn't it?

C'mon guys, as far as spirits are concerned I wonder if the ones you sometimes seem to favour are those out of a bottle?

O.K. Last chance gulch. Let's have a spirited riposte to wake us up a wee bit. :tuttut:

• Agree 4

Nice guy, loyal employee but NOT the quality we need for SPL. He really would be better finding a club where he played regular first team football and the fans appreciated him. Some people on here should take a look at themselves first and leave the boy to get on with his job. :annoyed:

• Agree 2

we must be the laughing stock of the spl. sick of hearing the manager and players talk about the top six. wake up and smell the coffee guys. top six, not a hope in hell. an in form du and the best two players in scotland at the moment russell and mackay steven.

still have nightmares the night russell came on when were were cruising 2-0 i think.

would love this to come back and haunt me, but beating du on monday is not on. we cant score we cant defend how are we going to catch the teams above us on this kind of form.

now maybe if they all went into administration we would have a small chance!!!

• Agree 2

we must be the laughing stock of the spl. sick of hearing the manager and players talk about the top six. wake up and smell the coffee guys. top six, not a hope in hell. an in form du and the best two players in scotland at the moment russell and mackay steven.

still have nightmares the night russell came on when were were cruising 2-0 i think.

would love this to come back and haunt me, but beating du on monday is not on. we cant score we cant defend how are we going to catch the teams above us on this kind of form.

now maybe if they all went into administration we would have a small chance!!!

thats the spirit!

He used to be bishbishbish but his glass got to half way and he had to make a decision.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Proc play. I've seen him play well. I've seen him play bad. Proc, like many defenders of many teams, can go well for 95% of any game but make one mistake and he's crucified. Thats the nature of being a defender. Its the same with keepers. Make a dozen spectacular saves and then fluff one ball and your crap. Whereas midfielders can do nothing all came but only be seen as having done nothing. Almost everyone on this forum will put Jonny Hayes into their team every game. And that includes me. The fact is though Jonny can go three quarters of a game doing absolutely nothing but run around like a headless chicken but at the same time can turn it on two or three times in the game and give a result.

Proc has a role to play in this squad and he does it just as well or as bad as every other player. Its a team game that needs a switched on team and when the switch is on each and every one of our squad can put in the right performance. The big problem is that we forget the switch too many times.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
  • Agree 1

He used to be bishbishbish but his glass got to half way and he had to make a decision.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Proc play. I've seen him play well. I've seen him play bad. Proc, like many defenders of many teams, can go well for 95% of any game but make one mistake and he's crucified. Thats the nature of being a defender. Its the same with keepers. Make a dozen spectacular saves and then fluff one ball and your crap. Whereas midfielders can do nothing all came but only be seen as having done nothing. Almost everyone on this forum will put Jonny Hayes into their team every game. And that includes me. The fact is though Jonny can go three quarters of a game doing absolutely nothing but run around like a headless chicken but at the same time can turn it on two or three times in the game and give a result.

Proc has a role to play in this squad and he does it just as well or as bad as every other player. Its a team game that needs a switched on team and when the switch is on each and every one of our squad can put in the right performance. The big problem is that we forget the switch too many times.

yes but it takes one stroke of genius for jonny to win us a game whereas its a stroker a idiocy from not just proctor but all defenders that can lose you a game

Regardless of opinions Proctor will always be to me the youngster who came into Tokely's right back position at Clyde when Tok was suspended and had a sensational game culminating in us going to the SPL. Great servant.

That was undoubtedly his finest hour.

So it was David Proctor who got us in to the SPL - I never realised that before.

If he is played in the most appropriate position - which definitely isnt central defender - and he regains his self confidence which has been shattered at times in the past - he is a good enuff professional. He never gives less than 100% but he is really prone to lapses in concentration and letting his head go down.

His display against Rangers last week was probably his best of the season. His best position is at right back, not saying he is the best there but he has given some fairly credible performances there before. I do think at the end of the season it will be time for him to move on. He's nearly 29 and reaching that stage where he needs to be playing week in and week out and it is safe to say that in both his spells here he has never established himself as a regular and with Meekings and Piermayr vying for that spot as well he is only going to struggle even more.