FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Would you give up your seat for Celtic?

Fraz

Would you give up your seat for Celtic?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you agree to give up your seat to allow it to be sold to Celtic?

• I am a North Stand ST holder - Yes I would agree.
    • I am a North Stand ST holder - No I would not agree.
    • I am a Main Stand ST holder but I agree in principle.
    • I am a Main Stand ST holder but I do not agree in principle.
    • I don't have a ST but I think it's a good idea.
    • I don't have a ST and I think it's a bad idea.
    • Not sure.

We expect our club to go with the fans wishes and vote for sporting integrity when we all know it will have a huge financial impact yet most are not prepared to give up their seats for a perhaps 3 games a season...to be honest if that is the attidute the club is in real danger of dying.

Sorry Alex, but you can't just dismiss the idea out of hand the way some are doing on the assumption that it might not work. There's not even a willingness to look at the possibilities with people....if there was then they would have gone for an "agreement in principle" option.

It's like trying to talk to spoiled children who just expect mammy and daddy to be there to pander to their every whim and be around to wipe their butt for them when shit happens.

People need to wake up and appreciate just how bad things are, and how much worse they will be if they can't set aside petty prejudices for the benefit of their own club.

• Agree 1

If the question was about Rangers of old then I'd maybe agree. Celtic do not fill our stadium and never have. There are many more Rangers fans in the Inverness catchment area than Celtic. I know that by counting the buses going south when I travel north on match days. Theres at least six 'true blues' bus for every one 'bhoys'

Utter nonsense .

Sorry Alex, but you can't just dismiss the idea out of hand the way some are doing on the assumption that it might not work. There's not even a willingness to look at the possibilities with people....if there was then they would have gone for an "agreement in principle" option.

It's like trying to talk to spoiled children who just expect mammy and daddy to be there to pander to their every whim and be around to wipe their butt for them when shit happens.

People need to wake up and appreciate just how bad things are, and how much worse they will be if they can't set aside petty prejudices for the benefit of their own club.

Where in my comment have I dismissed anything. I'm just questioning how your idea would work.

As I said...and as has been ignored (conveniently), are those saying "no" willing to buy up those empty seats?

Funnily enough I almost always have someone else with me for the OF games (not an OF fan I'll add, rather usually ICT fans who pick and choose their games more) and other games against some of the better teams. So in answer, almost certainly yes, there will be another paid for seat in the ground as a result of me having a season ticket.

In recent times though, ICT could do more on the field to encourage more fans to come. I've heard from quite a few people who are less keen to go now, due to having to watch the long ball garbage that was served up week after week last season. This coming season will be the most level playing field the SPL has ever seen. Playing attacking football will create a more exciting atmosphere which people (particularly those who pick and choose their games) will be more keen to come and see and thus financially support the club in the process.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Surley its not down to the fans to sell the empty seats.

Thats terry mo an the players job by playin winnin football (an i dont care about pretty football 3 points will do)

It follows that the rest will take care of itsel wiv the added bonus of derby fever

• Agree 1

I don't think "winning football" does bring people through the gates. If ICT were to win a couple more games a season, by playing mind-numbingly boring football, attendances would still be going down. What people want to see (and something that was lacking last season), is team playing with heart and with passion, not necessarily always winning - but really going for it. Play like that and even if it leads to a defeat, fans won't turn away.

People would always rather see one exciting win and two exciting defeats, than three boring draws.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

Normally i'd agree however this season probably could offer us best chance of a top six finish yet and playin pretty an losin admirable as it is wont get the reqd points for that

furthermore st mirren an kilmarnock both won plaudits for attractive football last season and they only barely finished with more pts than us and from what i read on their forums season ticket sales have not exactly rocketed

History seems to show that ICT are always more successful when they play on the attack and keeping the ball on the deck. Just the way it is for some reason.

Edited by Renegade

Surley its not down to the fans to sell the empty seats.

By the same note, surely it's not down to the fans to stand in the way of the club selling those empty seats either?

We can all talk about a desire for pretty football or winning football or any other kind of football....but how are the club suppose to improve the financial position to allow them to strive for such if the fans aren't willing to work with them to improve the income?

If our fans don't start working with, instead of against, the club then we'll have no football at all and it becomes academic.

• Agree 1

Ref your comment its not up to us fans to stand in the way of the club selling those seats as far as am aware the club actually have not suggested doin so and this thread is hypothetical ( apologies if thats spelt incorrectly ) and therefore nobody can possibly be standing in the way of anything!

There is no credible safety case against using the Southern end of the West Terrace, nor any legal issue given the overal size of the stadium - just SPL rules - push for these to get changed rather than shifting people out of the North Stand. Given many that have bought tickets in the North Stand do so for the better shelter it affords, its hardly surprising they will largely be unwilling to give up their seats for the open wings of the Main Stand. It's a shame the old family enclosure wasn't moved to the West Terrace, the area with seats now would have been a fantastic wee stand, esp towards the middle. Great view and sheltered from the prevailing westerlies!

If Celtic sell out the generous allocation they get in the first place at TCS is there any reason within the rules of the SPL or the TV contracts that would prevent a live feed to Parkhead where it could be watched live on the big screen? Entry money shared by both clubs could potentially boost revenues.

It's a fact that football has been incredibly backward at using modern technology and there should surely be some mileage in making this facility available routinely. Of course it will put some people off going to the away matches if they could watch back home on the big screeen but many who go to away games love the atmosphere and the day out or simply live closer to the venue than they do to Inverness. For those going to watch on the big screen different audience rules could apply. With no opposition support and no match on the park what would there be to stop fans being able to have a drink whilst watching the game thereby further boosting revenue. With a bit of cash going on refreshments rather than on train fares etc, fans could end up spending less time and money but still getting a good afternoon out with more of their money actually going to the club . It would surely attract many who don't currently go to away matches. You could have a fans five a side competition running at half time and other little entertainments on the pitch for the youngsters.

I have a 120 page document detailing things I would like to see the club do, and I could probably write another 120 page document on the things I would like to see the SFA/SFL/SPL do.....but none of that matters if we can't get through the troubles that are own our doorstep right here, right now.

We're not going to change SPL/Stadium rules over night, when clubs are going to be struggling to pay the day to day costs then any thought of erecting large screens (unless they come free in cornflake boxes) is just dreaming.

How many times do people need to be told there's no money...that means the thought of investing in anything other than the basics is a total non starter.

It's not right, and we could go down the route of arguing about who's fault it is or who we think should be blamed....but that doesn't help either. We have to get through the current crisis before we can (again) think about any of these kind of things.

As fans we are forever looking to club boards and chairmen to "prove" themselves to us in return for our support...are we really so selfish that we think that should be a one way street? What about us stepping up to the plate every now and again and saying "you know what, I don't like it, but if it needs to be done then I'll do it"

Personally, I'd pay to sit in the wind and rain all season if it helped to put 5 figure sums in the club pot.

• Agree 1

Something Don said above reminded me of JFK, in Berlin

Ask not what the club can do for you, But what you can do for the club,

seems to fit

makes me feel rather guilty

I have to take my car to Elgin today for its annual service the cost of which would more than buy a season ticket.

I must cogitate that one

I am sorry if I seem to ne hogging the floor on this one

Regarding The football , When I lived in Sussex I watched The old Wimbledon at Crystal Palace, they played the most amazing football, but still the fans stayed away

When the team played Man U , they gave up most of the stadium to United. It made for a fantastic day out, and a lot of money for the club

Maybe season ticket holders could be given a free ticket to bring a friend with them to a St Mirren match or similar as an incentive to give up their seat

As I said...and as has been ignored (conveniently), are those saying "no" willing to buy up those empty seats?

Funnily enough I almost always have someone else with me for the OF games (not an OF fan I'll add, rather usually ICT fans who pick and choose their games more) and other games against some of the better teams. So in answer, almost certainly yes, there will be another paid for seat in the ground as a result of me having a season ticket.

That's great and long may it continue, but what's needed right now is not the status quo because that won't be enough...not nearly enough. Worst case scenario, we need to double season ticket sales or add 2000+ walk up punters to every home match just to replace lost income.

In recent times though, ICT could do more on the field to encourage more fans to come. I've heard from quite a few people who are less keen to go now, due to having to watch the long ball garbage that was served up week after week last season. This coming season will be the most level playing field the SPL has ever seen. Playing attacking football will create a more exciting atmosphere which people (particularly those who pick and choose their games) will be more keen to come and see and thus financially support the club in the process.

And where's the money going to come from to allow the club to invest in these players who are going to play silky smooth attacking football and guarantee us great fortune? You can't spend what you don't have, and so long as we maintain a view that we do nothing and expect the club board do everything then we'll never have it.

Sorry but am I feckin missing something here ?? Why the feck would we even be considering giving over seats to the Old Filth. Let them sell out the Away End, give them the uncovered portion of the Uncovered Stand. Then look at offering an extra cut price ticket to season ticket holders ONLY and encourage them to bring along a non-Cellic supporting friend or guest. And pack the wee West Stand area to our squad players in the under whatevers and encourage them to bring along a mate - and do not allow in anybody over a specific age in to that section via the North Stand entrance. The only way that we are going to attract extra punters is with "deals".

Sorry but am I feckin missing something here ?? Why the feck would we even be considering giving over seats to the Old Filth. Let them sell out the Away End, give them the uncovered portion of the Uncovered Stand. Then look at offering an extra cut price ticket to season ticket holders ONLY and encourage them to bring along a non-Cellic supporting friend or guest. And pack the wee West Stand area to our squad players in the under whatevers and encourage them to bring along a mate - and do not allow in anybody over a specific age in to that section via the North Stand entrance. The only way that we are going to attract extra punters is with "deals".

I am fairly sure that if it was considered by the club it would be because every penny is going to be a prisoner, the scheme that you are suggesting would not give the same income i.e selling discounted tickets instead of full priced tickets