FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Its Dundee ?

My immediate though was....that's us safe for another season :lol: but I think its the right discission based upon 'the rules' as I understand them.

As I alluded to on another thread I agree that Dundee may be the more attractive financial choice - with 4 televised Dundee Derbies in the offer plus the attraction to the Embra clubs and Aberdire. From an away traveller perception I have little to choose from, But I do feel for Dumbfarmlife fans becos if we were in there situation I would have said that the team at the foot of the division should stay up. Surely this should have been made clear in some feckin rule book prior to this debacle.

Dundee must also now be the favourites fer relegation as they have no time to change their plans or the feckin finances.

It must also mean that the fixture list will have to be ammended again as ya cant have the two feckers playing at home on the same day. Still one more feck up aint bad .................................unless ....................... the meeting continues !!

Good shout that re fixtures. I did notice that when Club12 was entered and smelt a rat when there were no Club12 and Tic home games on the same day.

Will they not just move one of them to Saturday/Sunday/Monday as applicable when there is a clash.

Not much chance of Rangers and Celtic being in the same city on their travels this season I would have thought though.

Agree that there is a requirement for clarity - one of the first new rules to be written is to make it clear for the next time this scenario occurs.

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Tough on the Pars though as Rangers or whatever they are called were the team dumped out of the SPL because of their cheating activities. I would be pretty miffed if I were a Pars fan.

• Agree 1

If Dundee St J is a derby, surely Arabs v Saint J is too. New firm derbies, A9 Derbies, A96 Derbies.

Third division has gained two derby rivals too, Clyde and Queens P v The Rangers, but they will have to work on the new rivalry against the newcomers

Suppose it makes sense that Dundee rather than Dunfermline were admitted what with the derby with United etc

Downside with the Dees though will be some of the party songs sung by the Dundee Derry boys, something I hoped would have been eradicated this season seeing the Orcs will be in the third division

Traditionally the Dees also have a larger travelling support than Dunfermline so I still believe the right decision has been made

Dougal

On the balance of everything I think this was probably the right decision.

The SPL (rightly) introduced rules which were intended to introduce a "If you come last you get relegated...regardless" and that's how it should be. I would even argue that when reconstruction takes places for 2013/14 then the bottom team from the SPL should automatically find themselves in whatever second tier is formed.

Most importantly though is that a decision has been made without any fecking around and nonsense....we've had enough of that....and as unpalatable and unfair as it may seem to Dunfermline and their fans, I really hope they accept it and allow us to get on with looking forward to some football. They should be more than capable of finishing at the top end of Div 1, so hopefully we'll see them back at TCS in the league in 2013/14.