FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Derby pitch inspection - GAME OFF

Bronson

Wouldn't surprise me.

What's worrying for them is that they seem to be unable to do much, if anything, about it due to the topography.  All the land in and around that area is totally sodden so the water there is not draining and there's nowhere for any further rainfall to run off, even if they cover the pitch.

Dingwall don't have pitch covers apparently.  :furtive:  

They definitely do have covers because we used to borrow them occasionally before we got ours.  In saying that, unless they have got new ones, the old ones no longer fit as they widened the pitch in the summer....but ours would fit and they know they can borrow them from us if needed.  However, as I said above, from talking to one or two people it seems covering the pitch would make no difference due to the nature of the issue.

They definitely do have covers because we used to borrow them occasionally before we got ours.  In saying that, unless they have got new ones, the old ones no longer fit as they widened the pitch in the summer....but ours would fit and they know they can borrow them from us if needed.  However, as I said above, from talking to one or two people it seems covering the pitch would make no difference due to the nature of the issue.

They may have had them in the past.  They don't have them now.

Edited by Renegade

Dingwall don't have pitch covers apparently. :furtive:

They definitely do have covers because we used to borrow them occasionally before we got ours. In saying that, unless they have got new ones, the old ones no longer fit as they widened the pitch in the summer....but ours would fit and they know they can borrow them from us if needed. However, as I said above, from talking to one or two people it seems covering the pitch would make no difference due to the nature of the issue.

They may have had them in the past. They don't have them now.

Sold them to pay Rossco's wages.

• Agree 2

Brora were borrowing Countys pitch covers

Stolen to make tents for errr.. gyp...tink... travelling folk?

It's strange how no one at Dingwall seems overly upset at the state of their ground causing postponements. They managed to absolve themselves on saturday by blaming Brines and will no doubt find something to blame this week. Could it be that Derek Adams is just not concerned about playing fixtures that he thinks his team will lose? At least a postponement gives them time to buy in reinforcements during January. I'm not saying that they would engineer this kind of "convenient" postponement... I'm not so cynical.

• Agree 3

In the old Highland League days the old simple solution would be to switch venues. Still happens in the Highland League to this day. Don't suppose such a common sense solution could possibly prevail in the SPL.

To be fair I doubt that's possible in the SPL. There's police, stewards, catering , staff and hospitality issues that the highland league doesn't really have.

It's strange how no one at Dingwall seems overly upset at the state of their ground causing postponements. They managed to absolve themselves on saturday by blaming Brines and will no doubt find something to blame this week. Could it be that Derek Adams is just not concerned about playing fixtures that he thinks his team will lose? At least a postponement gives them time to buy in reinforcements during January. I'm not saying that they would engineer this kind of "convenient" postponement... I'm not so cynical.

It's not the home team that decides if a game can go ahead ffs .

• Agree 1

Wouldnt be surprised by this at all. Maybe Adams tears have flooded the place.
  • Agree 1

I was out the night before the cup game and their pitch was covered

To be fair to them (oh alright), they did have drainage work done on their pitch on coming up to the SPL. Apparently not enough, but maybe where they are is against them. One thing for sure is that they are desperate for the game to go on. Missing 2 holiday fixtures will cost them a lot of money. So they will be trying to rail against the weather gods, whether it will do them any good is a different matter.

Gudgies are far too fick to comprehend geological reasoning. The simple explanation is that the Legoland stadium doubles up as the latrine collection point for the village. You can see the rivers of urine and excrement flowing over the railway bridge and down towards the Jail End on the sunniest of days.

• Agree 1