FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Happy New Year!!!!

Mee

To all my good friends on Caleythistleonline, especially the nutters Ive met at games, Caley100, TheMann4TheJob, Mrs TM4TJ, Mantis, Naelifts, the Coias, IHE, Oats, Harry Chibber, Johnboy, PaulieBee and Mrs Pauliebee, Heilan Dee, LG and Mr LG, Maimie M, 4ize, Mrs 4ize, Big D, Govan Jaggie, Above the tunnel, Marty, Loopy and H, Showadz, Bronson, Caley Fifer and others too numerous to mention, and to all the nutters I've yet to meet but enjoyed your wit (in the past) online, RiG, Sandy Cromarty, ICTChris, Clacher, Donview, F*ballers wife, Kencar, ITN Jnr, Caley4eva and even Lauraness, I hope you all have a fantastic 2007 and if you're not already in the pub getting blootered then I hope you've got a good party to go to!!! Thinking of you all and all the best for the New Year.

Cmon the Caley Jags!!!!!

Lots of festive lovin

Mee xxx

Did you get the last Rangers game on tape JB?  :003:

I'm back working in town again so Ill catch up with you soon, hope you and Mrs Johnboy had a great Christmas free from unwanted guests!

Unfortunately for you lot, I have a lucrative new career playing online poker which uses up all the time I used to spend posting on here.  :003:  Just having a wee break so someone else can win for a change  :015:

Did you get the last Rangers game on tape JB?  :003:

I'm back working in town again so Ill catch up with you soon, hope you and Mrs Johnboy had a great Christmas free from unwanted guests!

happy new year mee to u,i have rangers gave(full game) on dvd if you want it gimme a shout

I'm getta kinda fed up telling people that the promotion and distribution of pirated/bootleg matches is ILLEGAL and cannot be done on these forums.

You are putting the site (and yourself) at risk by doing so and it cannot be tolerated, so please stop it.

I'm getta kinda fed up telling people that the promotion and distribution of pirated/bootleg matches is ILLEGAL and cannot be done on these forums.

You are putting the site (and yourself) at risk by doing so and it cannot be tolerated, so please stop it.

D,while i accept links etc are contrary to current legislation,i hardly think one persons recording of a game, loaned freely to another individual constitutes "promotion and distribution"

anybody record last nights Chewin the fat?

Happy new year  :004:

Its all coming back to me why I stopped posting here in the first place.  :001:

Mee.... Don't give up on us quite so easily...... :017:

H/Dee... Chewin' the fat wisnae oan last nicht.... I was hoping it would be as I'm a big fan of Karen Dunbar... Still Game was on.... I watched it for 10 mins.... didn't think it was awfy braw, ken?  :024:

CaleyD : Is it ok to pm concerning matters of lending or borrowing what might be considered "bootleg" material?

D,while i accept links etc are contrary to current legislation,i hardly think one persons recording of a game, loaned freely to another individual constitutes "promotion and distribution"

The SPL are rigorously pursuing pubs/venues that broadcast illegal footage on matchdays. They are also trying to stop websites who broadcast illegal footage (live or otherwise) from doing this and have previously fired a shot across the bows of most SPL websites (official and unofficial) by warning them about allowing links to any site/person offering to supply material to which that person does not hold the copyright.

Whilst it would be the person supplying the material who would ultimately be taken to task, the website has a duty of care to remove the links or disallow them or face potential legal action ... not sure what the cyber equivalent is but you could perhaps regard it as a 'thief/fence' situation where the website could be accused of 'reset' by allowing itself to act as a conduit for others to access material that was illegally obtained.

I think most people have heard of things like ppLive, MaxTV, YouTube and others where various broadcasts/footage can be found but we are in an awkward situation and cant allow people to actually post a link to the location of these things. We may go over the top at times by asking people to not even mention the sites (or removing the references on a case-by-case basis depending on the context of the posting) but links are a definite no-no.

Its all coming back to me why I stopped posting here in the first place.

If you mean that you have no regard for the site operators 'covering their ample *****' and ensuring they are not held liable for the illegal activities of others then perhaps your decision to 'flush' us for the poker site was the correct decision.

You are totally welcome to resume posting on here, in fact it is nice to see you back, but if you cant deal with us preventing/removing the posting of illegal links or other things in the rules/terms of service then so be it.

Is it ok to pm concerning matters of lending or borrowing what might be considered "bootleg" material?

As previously mentioned in this thread, we cant do anything about things we know nothing about. The messaging system and contact options available to users on the site are private and we do not monitor them.

a good new year to you all!!!  :021:

Dragged back on topic - thanks FW - good New Year to you too, and to all site users.

Scotty , i do understand the position regarding broadcasting illegal/unauthorised footage in pubs etc and also the cleft stick you guys are in regarding linking of footage,however ,i was just pointing out that one posters request for a copy of a home video from anyone who may have recorded it for personal viewing and not for resale or personal gain surely isn't breaching copyright/broadcast/pirating laws and causing any concern for your ample ***** ,which i agree you should cover at all times!!  :001:

[quote author=Scotty

If you mean that you have no regard for the site operators 'covering their ample *****' and ensuring they are not held liable for the illegal activities of others then perhaps your decision to 'flush' us for the poker site was the correct decision.

You are totally welcome to resume posting on here, in fact it is nice to see you back, but if you cant deal with us preventing/removing the posting of illegal links or other things in the rules/terms of service then so be it..

As far as I am concerned Mee always had a Royal feckin flush about her and the threats of Caley D and deep throat should not offend her too much either.  :015: :015: :015: But if ya were talking about me in the "ample erses" debate ya can stick yer feckin ace up yer feckin jacksy.

Mee :

- not having a go at you or jumping down your throat, merely responding to comments made by several people on this thread including you.

- we didnt say you had posted links, just that you (and anyone else) should respect the fact that we, as site providers are now aware that we can get into trouble for the actions of others and if you cant respect that then maybe this isnt the place for you (or others who cant respect that)

- the 'compilation' DVD, if I remember correctly was advertised long before we had received an official communication from the SPL regarding copyrighted material and certainly before they started going after people in the courts. As you well know, many people on this site (both of us included) have swapped links to interesting sites or footage before it became such a hot potato !!

- like everyone else, you are welcome on the site if you can adhere to its rules/terms. I have no axe to grind with you, nor any grudges to hold against you. You can believe me or not, the decision is up to you. Either way, I do wish you a happy new year. If you decide to use this site then I am sure we will speak further, but if not, good luck winning loads of dosh on the poker site.

Scotty - Sorry, I wasn't up to date with the current legal situation, and didn't realise that me asking if someone had taped the game could possibly end up with you in court. Seems a bit extreme, doesn't it? The "other" website which ended up being the hub for folk swapping matches was taken down briefly, and allowed to carry on with their football video section intact, it was only links to streaming that the authorities objected to, I would have thought if there was such a problem with copyright then they would be the first against the wall,  But it seems that the relevant copyright holders realised that swapping of matches was creating a bigger demand for their services, a wee bit like the Beeb releasing that episode of Dr Who to the torrent sites first in order to increase demand and increase their audience.

Anyway, Im not here to argue with you or Caley D, I'm here to speak to my friends.

IHE I dream of yer svelte erse at night and was hoping you might be at the Stirling match so I can check your tattoo hasn't faded too much! I'll get you a voddie and coke out of my winnings  :001: :001: :001:

LG - same old same old  :001: I was just thinking whether or not I should post a thread on here when I got your text, so its your fault  :001: See you at the next reserves match  :003: :003: :003: