FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Club Legends

TopSix

Things seem pretty quiet on the boards at the momrnt so I've shamelessly stolen this from P&B.

Top 5 club legends - Charlie Christie is definately my number 1.

5. Paul Sheerin

4. Jim Calder

3. Grant Munro

2. Ross Tokely

1. Charlie Christie

Ooh, that's quite a challenge.

I suppose it depends on the actual definition of a legend. For me its got to take account of :

• length of service
  • quality of contribution whilst here
  • passion and commitment
  • milestone moments
  • and it helps if there is an element of "cult hero" thrown in as well.

But whatever the criteria, legend no. 1 for me is Ross Tokely.

I would have to put Charlie at the top of my list as he is the only individual to have taken on roles as player, manager, and commercial manager/exec within the club ... Mr ICT !  After that, and in no particular order, I would choose Ross Tokely, Bobby Mann, and Steve Paterson (you didnt say just players!). I am reserving the 5th spot for now but will award it to Terry if he does get us into Europe this season!

Its hard to pick just five, and you realise when trying to do so just how blessed we have been with playing/managerial staff who we admire for their contribution to the club ... be it the goalscoring exploits of Wyness/Stewart, the wing wizardry of Wilson, the charging runs of Teasdale, the loyalty of a player like Munro who was with the club man and boy, or the cult status of others like Jimmy Calder, Darren Dods etc. I also think questions like this tend to put players from the early years at a bit of a disadvantage .... Will flying winger Wilson Robertson get a mention? or what about Mike Noble who was an ever present stalwart (and captain) in our first three seasons alongside Calder and Stewart, or Ian Macarthur or even Daisy Ross who was most definitely a cult hero !!!

Dennis Wyness

Ross Tokely

Charlie Christie

Russell Duncan

Steve Paterson

Will probably change my mind tomorrow.

Btw not living in Sneck, finally bumped into 10CC at the C(o)unty game and asked him what he said to Boner.......!

1. Charlie Christie - Has done everything at ICT. Probably played well below the level he was capable of

2. Jimmy Calder - We'll never see another like him!

3. Iain Stewart - Perhaps the most naturally gifted striker we've ever seen, denied a better career by injury

4. Barry Wilson - Genuine class and another who was capable at a much higher level

5. Mike Noble - Captain of first league winning side and still seen often on matchdays. Player, Captain and fan!

Dennis Wyness

Ross Tokely

Charlie Christie

Russell Duncan

Steve Paterson

Btw not living in Sneck, finally bumped into 10CC at the C(o)unty game and asked him what he said to Boner.......!

and what did he say ? will never forget the reaction anyway lol

Dennis Wyness

Ross Tokely

Charlie Christie

Russell Duncan

Steve Paterson

There's been a few variations on this - Scotty and others asked him before.

This week he thought it was along the lines of 'don't ask him to spell his name ref'  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Agree 1

Dennis Wyness

Ross Tokely

Charlie Christie

Russell Duncan

Steve Paterson

"F**k off back to Canada" I think - man that annoyed him!  :tongue:

There's been a few variations on this - Scotty and others asked him before.

This week he thought it was along the lines of 'don't ask him to spell his name ref'  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I think I got the true story back in the depths of time ... and it was very mundane! I prefer to believe CC told him that the girl Boner fancied in the Crying Game was really a bloke !!! but the real story is below:

We had just scored (in 72mins) to make it 0-3 and a minute after the restart Bone put in a nasty challenge on Christie that ended in "handbags" between the pair. It earned both a yellow card, but for Bone it was his second and the yellow was followed by a red. Apparently, in the verbals that took place after the red was flashed, Charlie simply asked him what the score was and that was enough to make sure Boner went ballistic ... earning a second red on the pitch for violent behaviour as he lunged at Charlie and punched him, then afterwards, he was called to the referees room and got himself a third one for his attitude/comments to the ref !!! He got a 5 game ban for it all after earning 26 disciplinary points in the one match !!!  ...... even Paul Sheerin mentions it as a highlight of his time in the Highlands: http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/paul-sheerins-world-tour-of-scotland/

What a great Question and gotta agree with loads of the comments.Agree with scotty,who could forget Teasdale bombing down the wing at Grant st on his debut against the manky mob (the 5-2 cup final game) where another great player Brian Thomson also made his debut.Ian mcarther prob one of the most consistent players we have ever had he never put a foot wrong.Stewarts chips in the derbys,Calders saves at Parkhead,Bobby jst for being big & round & worth a million £.& Pele for being the most laid back class manager ever

Best stop yapping on & name my top 5 .     

1. Charlie Christie

2. Barry Wilson

3.Jim Calder

4.Ian Stewart

5.Rossco

Could go on & on & Soz For Being Old School In my picks