FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

North Stand New Name

Guest Mahonio

It would be good to name it after a club legend, like Liverpool have the Bob Paisley stand.

The Terry Butcher stand anyone :-)?

I'm not a fan of naming stands after people really.  Mainly because there's been influential people throughout (and before) the club's life and there'll be ones that may even not have yet been born!  If Terry Butcher deserves a stand named after him, then what about Steve Paterson?  Had it not been for him we probably wouldn't even be in the SPL today, far less challenging for Europe.  He's still probably our greatest ever manager as well.  And what about David Sutherland?  Arguably there'd be no club without him and saved it from going belly up in the early years.  And what about Dennis Wyness, Jim Calder, Ross Tokely etc?  If you're going to name stands after people, where is it going to end?  

In saying that, I wouldn't mind seeing the North Stand christened officially as "The Bridge End" or something along those lines (and preferably not something naff like Hamilton's "Spice Of Life Stand" [yes that is what it's called!]).  One idea I heard once was calling it the "Citadel" after the long gone team, we do play in their part of town after all.  

No sponsored or named after name for me thanks (though I could be persuaded for a Pele reference!  :wink: ), though I wouldn't mind seeing christened with a more unique name.

• Agree 1

Liverpool won loads under Paisley and he was a key person behind the scenes before he took the helm.  ICT have won just the SFL under Terry Butcher (after we got relegated with him in charge).  We are having a good season this year but we are still to win a national competition at the highest level.  Stands should named after individuals only when they have acheived something truly remarkable for the club on a sustained basis.  Butcher is doing well at the moment but he is a long way short of deserving a stand named after him.  There are other players and managers just as worthy at the moment IMHO.

Officially named the Bridge End would be good to see.
Perhaps the Sports Bar can be names the Citadel? Sounds a little more classy than just 'The Sports Bar'.

• Agree 3

Perhaps the Sports Bar can be names the Citadel? Sounds a little more classy than just 'The Sports Bar'.

I believe it's official called "The Caley Thistle'!  I bet there was many sleepless nights spent thinking up that name!

Isn't it the Kevin Bisset stand ?

That's the family enclosure.