FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland manager visited TCS?

bdu98196

Being an international wknd, just wondered when or if ever has the Scotland (or other nation) manager ever visited Caley stadium to scout players, we may have been watched when we played the OF or they may have been a pundit, but has anyone ever seen a current national manager sitting in the stands?

Not Scotland managers, but I think Kenny Dalglish and John Barnes were up for a look before our famous 3-1 win at Parkhead in  the Scottish Cup. Likely a 'token' visit and a golf trip as they clearly underestimated us in the actual tie in Glasgow. Indeed, I seem to remember that Kenny was away in Spain playing golf while we dismantled his team and got his manager sacked!!

Paddy Attabookies, the Irish Number Two, is often here watching our Irish lads.

On 14 January Djebi-Zadi 2008 made his starting debut for Caley on Terry Butcher's first game against Celtic F.C. creating speculation he could be a big player for the rest of the season. Although Terry convinced Lionel that if he kept playing as he did in his first few games, his National Manager would watch him, I am not sure if Pierre Le Moray-Firth as Terry described the French number two to Lionel, actually entered the Stadium. 

Craig Brown was at a cup game v Aberdeen as he was making the draw after the game, it was a Sunday night game and finished1-1 and we got beat at pitodrie 1-0 in the replay. I had to work that day and he came in for lunch (Beefeater now called The Auld Distillery) we thought the girl with him was his daughter and thought she was hot, turned out it was his bit on the side!

Walter Smith and Ally McCoist came to TCS several times when incharge of the national side and even played a futures game here against Turkey with Dargo and Black playing for Scotland

The only reason Dargo and Black were called into that squad was as a PR exercise to get the Inverness public to attend.