FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

All To Play For

Kingsmills

Great for the game and the tournament in my opinion.

Seven top tier teams who are fairly evenly matched and a second tier team who have demonstrated that, on their day, they are a match for anyone. Can't get much more open than that. A template for what Scottish football could be like without the Ugly Sisters.

Well its 3-3 with Hearts and Queen of the South, looks like penalties.  So am i right in thinking the next round is seeded and we get the choice of Morton, Aberdeen and Hearts or Queens? and Hibs... Forgot them.

I don't think it's seeded - historically at this stage it's an all-in open draw.

Well its 3-3 with Hearts and Queen of the South, looks like penalties.  So am i right in thinking the next round is seeded and we get the choice of Morton, Aberdeen and Hearts or Queens? and Hibs... Forgot them.

I thought it was this round that was seeded. Draw has ICT, Aberdeen, Morton, Dundee U, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell and St Johnstone. I'd fear every one of those but a home tie against Aberdeen could be ok.

The next round of games will be played the same week as we play County on the Friday night.  So I assume we will play on the Tuesday night.

We also play on the previous Sunday so makes no odds really if its Tuesday or Wednesday. Would like our game to be the week after in fairness etc.

In the last few wks Hibs, Dons & D Utd have teams that are starting to gel and improve, but to win the cup I'd take on any of them as we know on our day we are as good as any team in SPFL - I'd like to get Hearts in the SF again though to extract some revenge over last year.

The next round of games will be played the same week as we play County on the Friday night. So I assume we will play on the Tuesday night.

We also play on the previous Sunday so makes no odds really if its Tuesday or Wednesday. Would like our game to be the week after in fairness etc.

So it is! Three games in that period is far from ideal. Surely they will change the week of our LC game?!

The draw for the quarter-finals of the Scottish League Cup will take place at Hampden Park this Thursday, September 26, at 3pm. The quarter-final draw is not seeded and games will be played on the midweek of October 29/30.

From our own report of the Dundee game.

after seeing Hibs on Tuesday night at Easter Road I wouldn't really mind drawing them. the defence is still rank rotten and with the pace in our side we should murder them down the flanks. Michael Nelson is by far one of the slowest centre halves i've seen, making Grant Munro look like a young Speedy Gonzalez. I'd fancy Billy to have a field day on Saturday against them and if we draw them in the quarters. 

hard game but winnable and at home so without jinxing it a good chance to progress. United have been very inconsistent so far but on there day they have a very good side who are capable of beating any team in the country but they have alot of youth so there comes that lack of experience and consistency but overall it could have been better but it could have been far worse so quite happy

DUFC have recently scored 12 goals in 3 matches. Brill may have his work cut out. But if we can keep the defence tight, we have our own lethal finishers who can win the day.

Remove them now and we don't have to worry about meeting them in the final. Got one eye on Aberdeen, but they have Motherwell to contend with.

No doubt the Edinburgh derby will be the one that over-excites the media though.

Great draw if you're a Morton fan IMO. Quite happy with us getting a home tie and we usually perform ok against DUFC - considering its probably going to be a dark, cold & windy night with more than likely some rain it should give a wee bit advantage.

Is the semi's another draw or is the way the ties have come out the routes to the final?