FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contract Situation

Sneckboy

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Based on the players he has signed to date I have little confidence that he will spend it wisely.

Fon Williams, Tansey, Storey, Ofere all been successful and signed by Hughes, Mutumbo, Roberts and Sho Silva they have been injured most of this season so its hard to form a fair judgement so they may yet come good afterall Vincent spent almost a year out when he joined and is now showing what he can do. Agreed there have been some players who have come in and been nothing more than squad and struggle to break into the starting team its not all been negative. Its always going to be hard to find players consistently of a constant calibre without spending money or being patient we see that with teams like Motherwell & D Utd.

For me a disappointment is not being able to get a player like Nick Ross to stay others like Watkins, Shinnie, McKay we had no chance due to the offers on the table.

Storey wasn't signed by Hughes but fair enough on Ofere and Fon Williams. Tansey we largely knew about anyway but he has impressed since (re) signing. I hope that when the time does come to strengthen we look at some more creative and / or wide players. We desperately lack that now with the likes of Christie and Watkins away and Doran out injured.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

After losing so many talented players for nothing, I would suggest that now would be a good time to get Liam Polworth signed up on a minimum 3 year contract. What a prospect he's turning out to be. Won't be long till other clubs are sniffing around with PCAs. The usual. Hopefully the club has learned from the Ryan Christie experience.

• Agree 3

• 4 weeks later...

Signed until the end of season (2017-18):
• John Hughes - Manager
• Brian Rice - Assistant Manager

Signed until the end of next season (2016-17):

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

Signed until the end of this season (2015-16):

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Danny Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jordan Roberts

• Dani Lopez

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Iain Vigurs

On loan until the end of this season (2015-16):
• Miles Storey

On loan until January:
• Tobi Sho-Silva

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Development Squad players available for this season (2015-16):

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper) 

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Cameron Gilchrist

Update...Alex Fisher added; Tobi Sho-Silva removed.
NB - as always, this list doesn't include 'one-year options', but instead reflects the players' definitive contract-end-date:

• John Hughes - Manager

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Danny Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jordan Roberts

• Dani Lopez

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Iain Vigurs
• Alex Fisher

• Miles Storey

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Cameron Gilchrist

Just realised, I'd not taken Dani Lopez out!

• John Hughes - Manager

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Danny Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jordan Roberts

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Iain Vigurs
• Alex Fisher

• Miles Storey

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Cameron Gilchrist

44 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Its starting to get worrying that we still have no new deals agreed for those out of contract this summer. 10 of them are pactically mainstays of the team. Very concerning especially after last year when we lost some great talents.

Out of the list of out of contract player for next season, I would only keep Dean Brill, Aaron Doran, Ross Draper, OFW, Liam Polworth, Miles Storey, Ali Sutherland, James Vincent and all of the development squad  (Alex Fisher? Haven't seen him play yet, so can't make comment) 

Build a squad around these players plus the ones signed up for the following season and make additional quality signings like a centre back, left back, right back and 2 wingers and we should have a decent team. 

• Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

Out of the list of out of contract player for next season, I would only keep Dean Brill, Aaron Doran, Ross Draper, OFW, Liam Polworth, Miles Storey, Ali Sutherland, James Vincent and all of the development squad  (Alex Fisher? Haven't seen him play yet, so can't make comment) 

Build a squad around these players plus the ones signed up for the following season and make additional quality signings like a centre back, left back, right back and 2 wingers and we should have a decent team. 

Would agree with most of that, but no Raven or Williams? My guess is that JH won't sign either Raven or Doran, although I'd like to see both retained.

13 minutes ago, PerfICT said:

Would agree with most of that, but no Raven or Williams? My guess is that JH won't sign either Raven or Doran, although I'd like to see both retained.

I personally want to see a fresher look to the back four with new and younger full backs. That's not to say that I wouldn't be sad if we kept Raven on etc. In terms of Williams, I prefer Doran over Williams however I want to see new wingers similar to Marley Watkins/Jonny Hayes. 

• Disagree 1

I think Williams is very under rated. He plays wherever is asked of him, even up front once this season, but tends to miss out on the biggest games. I would give him a good run in the left midfield berth.

• Agree 7

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I think Williams is very under rated. He plays wherever is asked of him, even up front once this season, but tends to miss out on the biggest games. I would give him a good run in the left midfield berth.

Don't get me wrong, Williams is a fantastic player with a great engine about him. I would keep him and he will probably be retained however I personally prefer Aaron Doran purely on the basis that he can bring a spark out of nothing and would prefer to have him over Williams. 

Like I said, we need a bit of freshness in the squad not just in defence but wingers and two pacey wingers would go down a treat. 

Problem is Doran doesn't give you 90 mins and Williams does . Doran at times means we are only playing with 10 men but he can ,when he is in the mood ,turn a game  and it tends to be the big ones . However we could have 2 players for the wages Doran is reputed to be on 

• Agree 2

Williams on the left, Doran on the right and polworth behind storey! That would be my choice! I hope to Christ that both Doran and Raven will be offered deals! Williams is one of our most attack minded players so I don't see how anyone wouldn't want him in the squad! I wouldn't be all that fussed to see Tremarco, mutumbo, vigurs, and one or two others! But Vincent still has plenty to offer, as does Doran, Raven and Devine 

• Agree 3

Only my opinion:

• Dean Brill - Depends on how he recovers from injury but can we afford 3 quality keepers?

• Aaron Doran- Release, too much of a luxury at a high cost

• Danny Williams- Retain 

• Ryan Esson- Retain in dual role but can we afford 3 quality keepers?

• Carl Tremarco- Retain

• Ross Draper- Retain

• James Vincent- Retain

• David Raven- Retain

• Danny Devine- Retain but deputy role to Josh and Gary

• Ali Sutherland- Unsure, needs first team experience but probably worth another 12 months out on loan

• Liam Polworth- Retain

• Lewis Horner - Release

• Calum Ferguson- Unsure, needs first team experience but probably worth another 12 months out on loan

• Cammy Mackay - Unsure, needs first team experience but probably worth another 12 months out on loan

• Nat Wedderburn - Release

• Jordan Roberts - Unsure. Haven't seen enough of him

• Owain Fon Williams - Retain if affordable but can we afford 3 quality keepers?

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo- Release

• Iain Vigurs - Unsure, looks like he will be no more than a squad player 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Being asRyan Esson will be 36 in march, and in view of his injury recovery time, I'm inclined to think he's more likely to become full time keeper coach.

If I remember correctly he was saying the complete opposite (a few months ago?) in the courier that he wants to compete with Fon Williams for the No1 spot. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

2 hours ago, Alex MacLeod said:

Being asRyan Esson will be 36 in march, and in view of his injury recovery time, I'm inclined to think he's more likely to become full time keeper coach.

He is the full time goalkeeper coach, done all his certs and he was going for his Euro coaching badge.

• Agree 1

Esson can play for another 5 years. He's still a very capable deputy. It's common for goalkeepers to play up to 40 these days, even at the highest level. Brad Friedel played for Spurs at 43!

There's no point in keeping 2 top class full-time goalies on the books. You can only have one on the park so you're never getting value for money. It makes much more sense to have a guy like Esson on the bench who's doubling up and earning his money as a coach.