FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contract Situation

Sneckboy

5 minutes ago, ICTRoughi said:

Draper and Esson sign a three and two year deal respectively. 

Source? 

Great news, but if Esson is staying, I guess it pretty much means that we'll be saying farewell to (at least) one of Brill or Fon Williams.

4 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Source? 

Great news, but if Esson is staying, I guess it pretty much means that we'll be saying farewell to (at least) one of Brill or Fon Williams.

Jamie Durent and Tyrone Smith on Twitter

5 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Source? 

Tyrone Smith on Twitter.

5 hours ago, Renegade said:

It's terrible really.  Gary Warren played in every cup game in that campaign apart from the final and was an integral part of the side and doesn't get a medal, yet Tarmo Kink who only played about 10 minutes against Raith, gets a winner's medal and then buggers off.  Doesn't seem right.

SFA rules state 

3. Awards to Players, Officials and Match Officials The Association shall present a medal or a souvenir in such forms as the Board may decide to each of the players, to each of such substitutes as are eligible, the Manager or Head Coach and to the match officials, in the Final Tie.

It seems, therefore, that the SFA Board can decide which players might be eligible but does not define this in their rules.

In contrast, the FA rules state:-

(b) In addition to the FA Cup, The Association shall present 30 medals to playing staff and officials of both Clubs in the Final.

This means that English Clubs have absolute discretion on who they award their medals to.  A player in England who was banned for the final but who made the kind of contributions throughout the competition that Warren and Raven made last year would undoubtedly get a winners medal.  I seem to remember that not so long ago, the winning club in England gave one of the medals to the kit man who had kept all the kit in good order for over 30 years - a lovely gesture.  It does make sense to allow the clubs to decide themselves who deserves the medals rather than being dictated to by a bunch of power crazed little Hitlers.  Having said that, the power is ultimately in the hands of the member clubs of the SFA.  Surely they could push through a change to the rules on this?

• Agree 4

Great news about Draper, and indeed Esson.  I'm sure Esson has a couple more years in him.  He has never let us down.  If we cannot afford 3 'top' keepers once Brill is fully fit again, I have no great worries which one of Brill or AFW goes. They are both good keepers, and both would want, I am sure, 1st team football.

I'm sure the club get money from FIFA/UEFA for each day that a player is at the Euros... as Niculae netted us a five figure sum when he was in Austria/Switzerland 2008. If Wales were to get through the group stages, then that could pay for a few months of Fon Williams wage*!

*If we signed him for further season(s). 

Absolutely delighted that they've signed up! 2 big players for us! Draper especially...but Esson is still a good keeper and I'm sure will turn out to be a great coach for us! Both deserved their deals as they've played a huge part in the clubs success and can hopefully contribute to another 3 years of it :crazy:

• Agree 1

Excellent news about Draper and Esson. We at least now have the "core four" of Warren, Meekings, Draper and Tansey to build around. I'm presuming that Esson will continue on his coaching path, but I doubt we'll keep both Fon Williams and Brill TBH. Goalkeeper and strikers next, then we have the spine of the team for next season.

• Agree 1

Particularly delighted about Draper committing his best years to us. I didn't feel too confident about getting our key players signed up but with Warren and now Draper it is definitely a good few steps in the right direction.

Disgrace about warren, I find it unbelievable when looking at those statistics about game time. Needs to change.

Signed until the end of season (2018-19):
• Gary Warren
• Ross Draper

Signed until the end of season (2017-18):
• John Hughes - Manager
• Brian Rice - Assistant Manager

• Ryan Esson

Signed until the end of next season (2016-17):

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

Signed until the end of this season (2015-16):

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Carl Tremarco

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Danny Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jordan Roberts

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Iain Vigurs
• Alex Fisher

On loan until the end of this season (2015-16):
• Miles Storey

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Development Squad players available for this season (2015-16):

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper) 

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Cameron Gilchrist

Great news, it creates the nucleus to build around, with Warren, Meekings, Draper & Tansey I almost feel we could put any mix of players around them as its such a soild unit. But next up priorities should be as many of Brill, Danny Williams, Doran, Vincent, Polworth, Storey and Raven as possible. The rest I'm not overly fussed about, if Tremarco and Devine wanted to stay as cover then thats positive and i hope both Ferguson and Sutherland stay another year hopefully to break into the team but everyone else is replaceable.

Regarding Fon Williams, I think he will be away. He came her to get first team football and get to the Euro squad which I think he will, there may be bigger offers because of that down south. Overall he has been a decent servant this year but his distribution has been poor in several games, constantly punting upfield or out of the park. Brill used to throw or pass from the back to allow us to build, I think this is something Hughes probably prefers based on our style of play.

Great news, but hopefully more will follow.

Ideally Brill or Fon Williams (assuming both would be a luxury), Raven (hopefully whatever is going on between him and Hughes gets sorted), Doran, Williams, Vincent, Tremarco, Storey and Polworth will stay, along with youngsters Sutherland and Ferguson.

That would give us a core to hopefully build from, but I don't rate our chances of keeping Storey. Hope I'm wrong!

The core four represent the  fulcrum of the main corps, then? :smile:

Good, since that indicates stability. And a definite signal to the other up-and-coming  younger players that ICT offers both an opportunity for first team football together with  the possibility of  a bright and progressive career future as well after their playing days  have declined.

The morning-after-the-night-before!
Although the dust certainly hasn't settled, this appears to be the state of play - but what do I know?! As yesterday proved, contracts can have clauses, of which only the player, club and agent are aware!
Have left Liam Hughes out until his signing is confirmed from a legitimate source.

• Gary Warren
• Ross Draper

• John Hughes - Manager

• Ryan Esson

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Carl Tremarco

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Danny Devine

• Ali Sutherland (on loan at Brora Rangers)

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jordan Roberts

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Iain Vigurs
• Alex Fisher
• Ryan Williams

• Miles Storey (from Swindon Town)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull (on loan at Fort William)

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie (on loan at Fort William)

• Chris Blackett

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Cameron Gilchrist

• Gary Warren
• Ross Draper

• John Hughes - Manager

• Ryan Esson

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Carl Tremarco

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Danny Devine

• Ali Sutherland (on loan at Brora Rangers)

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jordan Roberts

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Iain Vigurs
• Alex Fisher
• Ryan Williams
• Liam Hughes

• Miles Storey (from Swindon Town)

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull (on loan at Fort William)

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie (on loan at Fort William)

• Chris Blackett

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Cameron Gilchrist

We better start getting more of the squad tied up on extended contracts or we'll have another raft of central midfielders joining in the summer! :blink:

Only speculation at the moment but undue speculation all the same!

Dundee have approached midfielders James Vincent and Danny Williams to sign pre-contract agreements, but Inverness Caledonian Thistle are still hoping to persuade the pair to extend their deals there after the summer

Saw this this morning, I would be gutted to lose either of these two to one of the teams around us. Hopefully there is something decent on the table for both of them then at least if they go it is not because we didn't try. They're both on my 'must keep' list.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:19 AM, Kingsmills said:

So, to summarise,

With Tansey thoroughly unsettled, Foran unlikely to feature and Meekings publicly at loggerheads with the manager, we only have Warren  Draper and Esson reliably on board after the end of this season.

A tad worrying...

Utter nonsense Tansey could well stay with us and who says Josh Meekings is at loggerheads with the manager, he maybe made a criticism of one aspect of a press release but to the best of my knowledge that is all it was. Come on Kingsmills don't be such a drama queen.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

20 hours ago, LundavraJag said:

Saw this this morning, I would be gutted to lose either of these two to one of the teams around us. Hopefully there is something decent on the table for both of them then at least if they go it is not because we didn't try. They're both on my 'must keep' list.

Totally agree. Vincent's return to the team and subsequent absence have coincided with improvements and loss of form respectively. His movement is crucial for us. Williams has been unlucky to have been on the fringes, given that he's played well at left back and offers pace on the left of midfield. Polworth is the latest linked to Wigan and Barnsley. Think we've missed the boat for keeping our best players - better pray for league reconstruction next year.

Apologies for sounding like a broken record but why the f'ck do we wait so long to get our players signed up on new deals? Why aren't contract extensions sorted out the summer prior to a players deal expiring? OR at worst, before the transfer window opens when clubs can sign up our out of contract players on a PCA?

• Agree 1

Perhaps our players (or agents) reject early offers thinking they can do better or get more elsewhere, why accept in the first half of the season when if they do well could hold out for a bigger deal. Sometimes i think we are victims of being a fall back option. The board focus on the most important or influencial in the hope that we keep our best to build around or they may help persuade other members to stay.

Based on Warren, Draper and Esson deals first that may back up some of those assumptions? But it is frustrating as I posted weeks ago we seem to be slow at getting progress.

More rumoured speculation on teams sniffing about our players:

Wigan and Barnsley are keeping tabs on Inverness CT midfielder Liam Polworth, who is out of contract in the summer. (Daily Express)

Given how many times we have lost talent and money by not having our players secured on long term contracts I find it amazing we are in the position where we could have yet another rebuilding job on our hands this summer :frustrated01: