FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contract Situation

Sneckboy

I was largely ambivalent as to whether JH stayed or not but am very pleased that the unsettling managerial situation has been resolved and for so long.

Hopefully, now that Yogi's position has been resolved we can begin to secure key players on long term deals and perhaps even recruit one or two new faces in January.

Happy with this news regarding Yogi signing on for another couple of seasons and hopefully we as a club can kick on with the stability from this. Like Kingsmills, I do hope that he is given a bit more flexibility in the transfer front to sign decent players like Miles Storey, so that we avoid panic signing players like Lopez and Mutombo. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ICTRoughi said:

Happy with this news regarding Yogi signing on for another couple of seasons and hopefully we as a club can kick on with the stability from this. Like Kingsmills, I do hope that he is given a bit more flexibility in the transfer front to sign decent players like Miles Storey, so that we avoid panic signing players like Lopez and Mutombo. 

This is why I am distinctly meh about Hughes staying. His signings have been dreadful so far. Hope he gets a bit more backing from the board in the transfer market but equally he needs to be picking out better players for the club.

• Agree 1

caleyboy is right in as much as attracting players, we can scarcely attract a decent crowd let alone high quality players.

To buy cheap is often buying dear and I am not decrying the players he has brought in! His philosophy appears to be to be to buy people who are affordable if he believes they have the potential to fit in to the squad and his style of play. He is a coach to these guys, a mentor who goes out of his way to get the best out of them. It often is a long and somewhat painful process at times but look how he has already improved those he has brought in. Look how he had to remould the Butcher squad to get the best out of them he succeeded and I am sure he will again..just give him time.

I am delighted he is staying with us and now that the injury list is shortening and that contract renewals are in the forefront all we need as i bit more good fortune on the field of play and we will start climbing that league table and clawing our way to retaining our trophy. 

• Agree 2

Signed until the end of season (2017-18):

• John Hughes - Manager

• Brian Rice - Assistant Manager

Signed until the end of next season (2016-17):

• Gary Warren

• Richie Foran

• Greg Tansey

• Josh Meekings

Signed until the end of this season (2015-16):

• Dean Brill

• Aaron Doran

• Danny Williams

• Ryan Esson

• Carl Tremarco

• Ross Draper

• James Vincent

• David Raven

• Danny Devine

• Ali Sutherland

• Liam Polworth

• Lewis Horner 

• Calum Ferguson

• Cammy Mackay

• Nat Wedderburn

• Jordan Roberts

• Dani Lopez

• Owain Fon Williams

• Andrea Mbuyi-Mutombo

• Iain Vigurs

On loan until January:
• Ryan Christie
• Miles Storey
• Tobi Sho-Silva

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Development Squad players available for this season (2015-16):

• Calum Howarth

• Jason Brown  

• Jaime Wilson  

• Kane Hull

• Struan McArthur 

• Blair MacLennan 

• Chris Brown

• Stephen Rennie 

• Chris Blackett

• Daniel Hoban (goalkeeper) 

• Alasdair Stark  

• Andrew Macrae

• Cameron Gilchrist

Glad John Hughes has committed for another 2 years, lets now hope he gets started with Draper and many more signing over the next few weeks.  It would be great to get Storey and Sho-Silva to sign on as well.

Great news about Hughes so now lets get out of contract players signed I read somewhere that Storey would like to extend his loan period beyond January and that Draper is keen to sign a new contract so there is a start get them signed up quickly

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

On the contrary, it depends on how wisely he spends the budget he has.

I have every confidence that he will spend wisely but everyone makes mistakes! Maybe you have the answer to getting quality players in when you have a very restrictive budget?

5 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

I have every confidence that he will spend wisely but everyone makes mistakes! Maybe you have the answer to getting quality players in when you have a very restrictive budget?

Based on the players he has signed to date I have little confidence that he will spend it wisely. As for your comment on a restrictive budget it didn't seem to stop Butcher who ended up bringing in some very good players for us although there were plenty of duffers as well. The problem Hughes has is that he has yet to bring in a player who has really done well for us. Having more money available to him might help but it doesn't automatically equate to better players arriving at the club.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Biggin said:

Great news about Hughes so now lets get out of contract players signed I read somewhere that Storey would like to extend his loan period beyond January and that Draper is keen to sign a new contract so there is a start get them signed up quickly

According to the Inverness Courier KC has put a "very good" offer on the table for Drapes. There is nothing better than positive news. Well done KC!

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, RiG said:

Based on the players he has signed to date I have little confidence that he will spend it wisely. As for your comment on a restrictive budget it didn't seem to stop Butcher who ended up bringing in some very good players for us although there were plenty of duffers as well. The problem Hughes has is that he has yet to bring in a player who has really done well for us. Having more money available to him might help but it doesn't automatically equate to better players arriving at the club.

Agree that majority of his signings have been mediocre but I would give him credit for Edward Ofere, so important to winning the Scottish Cup. 

5 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

What's the position with Storey?  Is he a free agent and can be signed on a contract. Now that would be a very good piece of busi ness if it can be arranged.:clapoverhead:

He's not a free agent until the end of the season - when his contract with Swindon expires.