FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What position can we improve?

ICTPaisley

Saying we stick with the 4-2-3-1 that we've had for the last few years where could we actually improve.  I had a conversation with a Rangers friend recently who asked me to match the Rangers team player for player on who we had that was better and there was probably only two that i would take. I genuinely believe we have a better first 11 than them and would beat them again if we met them in this years Scottish Cup.  Its difficult to guess where Rangers would be in the SPFL but i'm curious to know, last season i knew they wouldn't hack it and it was proved with the matches against us and Dundee utd. I'm actually looking forward to next seaons "championship" which is most likely going to have Hearts and Rangers challenging for the title.  It also means whoever finishes 11th is in trouble.

In goals Dean Brill has done brilliantly, but i would have said Cammy Bell was the better keeper, and only on the wings would i again agree that either Shiels or Templeton would start for us consistently and would improve us.  So overall the wings is the only place i see weakness in our team at the moment.  My friend thought i was nuts when i suggested Shinnie was better than Wallace but i do think he is.

Draper and Foran in midfield are also so strong they are keeping out my former ICT legend Ian Black,  Draper is incredible at the moment,  The more he grows his beard the better he gets!

We could definitely improve in all positions, but I'm not sure whether it's possible within our budget, and I'm certain that it wouldn't be players from the orcs. I'm more inclined to guys like:

Neuer

Lahm - J Boateng - Dante - Alaba

Martinez - Schweinsteiger

Ribery - Thiago - Robben

Messi

Subs: Cech, Mertesacker, T Muller, Gotze, T Kroos, Rafinha, C Ronaldo

See what I mean?

Edited by Rainbow

Left wing could be improved.  Watkins is better in the centre, Doran on the right and Ross more defensive.  Foran hasn't played there for a good while either. Greenhalgh isn't being played, so I guess he's not the answer, so that's a weak point.