FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

IBM Transport

8 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

A bit trickier, this one.  Will leave it for a while before telling you what it is.  No peeking at the DVLA!  :rules:

P1030022 sml.JPG

I don’t recognise it! Looks similar to a Jensen or a TVR. 

I seem to have photographed mostly American cars this time.  McLarens and Ferraris are simply ten a penny, my dear  :lol:

Don't know what model of Cadillac this is, but if you fancy putting in an offer for it, give Mark a ring - his number's at the front of it.  Might need a bigger garage though.  And I'd advise keeping clear of the Rose Street multi-storey....

P1030019 sml.JPG

P1030020 sml.JPG

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
  • Like 1

It's an Iso Grifo.  DVLA thinks it was made in 1968. This article - https://www.classicandsportscar.com/features/isos-awesome-v8-family-grifo-rivolta-lele-and-fidia - thinks 1967.

"... Andrew Yaras’ green ’67 Powerglide Grifo.   It’s one of eight that were built with the two-piece removable steel sunroof panels...",  which you can't see in my photograph :sad:

Another car I didn't like but I will say they were on similar lines to the Morris Minor a cheap to run small car they were reliable.  The lates 500 is very popular and there are a lot on the road.

DoofersDad must have been on holiday :wink:

A 1961 Sunbeam rapier registered in Gloucester, a long way from Shetland.  A very good car in it's day, my father had one it was very quick and had overdrive which dropped the revs down once you got going.

1 hour ago, IBM said:

DoofersDad must have been on holiday :wink:

A 1961 Sunbeam rapier registered in Gloucester, a long way from Shetland.  A very good car in it's day, my father had one it was very quick and had overdrive which dropped the revs down once you got going.

The owner told me 1962 and I got that when I looked it up. Never saw anything about Gloucester though.

7 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

The owner told me 1962 and I got that when I looked it up. Never saw anything about Gloucester though.

That is likely right a 1DD reverse numbering started 1961 in the County of Gloucester and that one is 7027.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd post this just to give IBM something to look at, it popped up as one of those facebook memories.

My old man, old dear and wee sister at Nairn in 1968. I can still smell the waterproofing or whatever off that wee tent that I slept in with my brother.

12363027_10153472928554915_7812909611668726724_o.jpg

• Like 1

I am sure they were happy memories :smile: your own VW campervan!  They were very basic compared to the ones about now although you would have had all you needed.  There are still a lot on the road and if you are looking at one in perfect condition it will set you back a lot of money.  Must have been a good summer in 1968 the grass is burnt and I bet you had Fish & Chips and lots of ice cream which was likely a treat :wink:

On the other cars a new Vauxhall Viva Mk2 an old Ford Popular and I think the black one behind is a Vauxhall Cresta.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IBM said:

I am sure they were happy memories :smile: your own VW campervan!  They were very basic compared to the ones about now although you would have had all you needed.  There are still a lot on the road and if you are looking at one in perfect condition it will set you back a lot of money.  Must have been a good summer in 1968 the grass is burnt and I bet you had Fish & Chips and lots of ice cream which was likely a treat :wink:

On the other cars a new Vauxhall Viva Mk2 an old Ford Popular and I think the black one behind is a Vauxhall Cresta.

He never had it for long as it was heavy on fuel, 1500cc I think, and it was his car for getting to work as well. There was a local guy who had a huge yard full of old cars and my dad occasionally did jobs for him. He was said to be a millionaire and he wasn’t really bothered about making a living. If you wanted to try a car you had to get loads of other ones moved first. He was a bit of a legendary figure in Midlothian called Sonny Swinton.
Actually now I remember, the driver’s door got damaged in Academy Street, Inverness. He left us kids in the back of the van for a few minutes but never shut the door properly. Each time a car went past the door swung open and closed. Then a lorry went past and it got damaged.