FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

And so it begins.....

tm4tj

13 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

Does that lineup mean toshney was right back.

Fyffes position if he wants it now. 

Clean sheet and a couple of good passes ryan.

And Toddy up front with Storey playing wide?

32 minutes ago, bughtmaster said:

No score  at half time . Seems Elgin have learned a lot more than us from the first game.  Time we woke up.

Judging by the twitter feed, Elgin have made at least as many chances as we have. 

Surherland on for Harper at the break. A change of formation to 3 at the back? Or Toddy centre half and Deas to left back?

52 minutes: Elgin 1 up through Hester. Hopefully that wakens us up!

Edited by Robert

5 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

And so the usual doom and gloom from some posters begins. This is a pre season friendly to build fitness and played in dreadful conditions, the result is largely meaningless. 

Agree although I have continuing concerns about Toshney's fitness and whether he can be relied upon to be a regular member of the squad. We do need a right (still) even before his injury but I would imagine we will be trying to get one fixed up ASAP now be it Duffy or someone else. 

A winger would be good as well. If only we could somehow get Mullin after his release...

Watched from the A9. Whilst a friendly, it was our last one before competitive action. I was concerned today with our defensive frailties and lack of creativity going forward.

Early doors but my observations as I saw it today.

Defence. Deas needs to play CH. Toddy is not a CH. Devine was a bit suspect. Fyffe and Harper both did well. 

Allardice did okay but doesn't offer a lot (Trafford on his bad days). Missed a driving midfielder like Carson today. Welsh was our mom. Magregor is wasted out wide, had a very quiet game. Storey was he usual, 1st half when wide would create space then mess up his shot or cross. When up front, struggled to do much, would lay of when he had time to turn. Keatings had some good turns, passes but doesn't offer enough as a number 10. Think we really miss someone to run beyond the striker and gives us depth/trouble the oppositions centre halfs.

Toddy did okay first half up front. Took his goal well. Dan Mackay wide left, came on a fluffed a great chance straight away but thought he looked sharp. Sutherland was pretty anonymous out wide. Brad came on at half time and was solid enough. 

Poor performance all round, City looked slicker going forwards and organised at the back. Very concerned for Tuesday night. 

Highlight of the day was a drunk Elgin fan going for a pee in the bushes, slipping, sliding down the hill and ending properly lodged upside down in the bramble bushes. Amazing moment!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, Huisdean said:

And so the usual doom and gloom from some posters begins. This is a pre season friendly to build fitness and played in dreadful conditions, the result is largely meaningless. 

Look on the bright side. They’ll be dancing in the streets of Elgin In the pishing rain  till daybreak.

• Funny 4

14 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

Watched from the A9. Whilst a friendly, it was our last one before competitive action. I was concerned today with our defensive frailties and lack of creativity going forward.

Highlight of the day was a drunk Elgin fan going for a pee in the bushes, slipping, sliding down the hill and ending properly lodged upside down in the bramble bushes. Amazing moment!

Where's YouTube when you need it 🤣

• Funny 1

19 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Surely we will now do some business on Monday no w that Tosh is injured:-(.

Hopefully a RB and a Striker because today proves that we lack goals even though chances are being created.

I am not convinced that there is the money to bring anyone else in.

28 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I am not convinced that there is the money to bring anyone else in.

Mentioned this in the other feed, but Supposedly Kai Kennedy coming in on a six month loan which will add a lot to the front line. And Wallace Duffy released by St. Johnstone, which would fill the void at RB/CB.

If both rumours appear to be true then we will be fine

7 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

What was the view of the pitch like? Was considering it for games that we wouldn't be let in for, but then I remembered the "fourth stand" and all that stuff on the pitchside

You can see about 70% of the pitch.

Decent for north stand half of pitch. 

You can't see... Draw a diagonal line from the middle of the south stand goal to the far side half way line. 

• tm4tj unfeatured, unpinned and featured this topic