FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Russell Duncan

How does he hit you on the frustration scale?  

92 members have voted

1. 1.

• Chilled
    • Mildly frustrated
    • Frustrated
    • Very frustrated
    • Feckin feckin frustrted

Guest PaulieBee

IMHO he was MOM last week against Rangers.

I love the way he grafts and and gets about the opposition leaving them little time to settle.

Its a shame sometimes when a subsitution is made and it seems that he's the one most likely to be taken off.

Yes he has a 'bad one' now and again but he always gives the impression that he really is trying hard.

Respect Russell!!! :021:

Guest Bonzo

I think that Russell has showed a good level of performance and consistency this season.

He is one of our most influential and undervalued players.

I imagine he gets frustrated himself - as he gets little appreciation for what he does, and is often targeted for  by our support.

I have seen him play an impeccable game, without comment, and then put a solitary pass astray leading to an instant torrent of abuse from our support.

Think IHE bought a new rod when in Hong Kong!!!

IMO Duncan has been far more consistant this season than he was last, and together with Hastings have probably provided much of the backbone to the squad this year.

We have all talked about the vital rolls played by Dods, Black and Dargo, but I often think we overlook the quiet consistancy of some of the others.  They aren't "flare players", they just go about doing their job and doing it solidly.  The poorer displays often stand out more and are highlighted more because they don't always have another end of the scale. Only in games such as that against Rangers do they really stand out for doing what they do every week, and thats chasing every ball and making important tackles.  They are the foundation upon which Black, Dargo, Rankin, Wilson etc base their game and without these guys winning balls and stopping breaks then the others can't do what they do best in their attacking play.

Is that a pot calling kettles black I see.

Russel can be very good, and very bad in the same game, so I suppose there is a level of consistency there.

:017:

for the 20% of the time duncan is playing well, he helps the rest of the team tick and nothing more, which is all he needs to do

for the 80% of the time he's playing poorly, he's an embarrassment to scottish football

when ive seen him this year there hasnt been 'the odd bad pass', its been more like a dozen plus 4 yard passes squed away in any direction but an ict player.  he always seems to give away bloody throw ins, pretty frustrating really!  he does try though you have to give him that, if he added a bit of bite to his game then he'd be a much better player, the guy cant tackle despite what those above post.  richie hart, barry wilson and ian black can tackle, only way i could describe him is stubborn!

slowly becoming my favourite player in an ICT shirt, the more he is growing in confidence the better he is becoming.  His performance against Rangers was a masterclass on how to play in midfield, and as I said on another thread was the best I have seen from any player all season.  His passing can be off on the odd occasion but it looks like he has worked hard on it and is becoming more and more consistent.

Sorry Clacher, I'm agree with Chibber (that's gonna come back and bite me on the erse innit  :015:)

Russelldinho was superb at Kilmarnock and MOTM at Ibrox.

I'd personally swap yer 80/20 ratio there!

One Russelldinho!  One Russelldinho!  :021:

I would say he was one of the better overall players this season. At Killie he was supreme but there are times when he aggravates with his poor distribution. He is a 100% player and that will do fer me. He has/will benefit from being given an extended run as an out and out holding player. IMHO he is a better player when Black is there.

Sorry Clacher, I'm agree with Chibber (that's gonna come back and bite me on the erse innit  :015:)

Russelldinho was superb at Kilmarnock and MOTM at Ibrox.

I'd personally swap yer 80/20 ratio there!

One Russelldinho!  One Russelldinho!  :021:

He certainly seems to play a lot better in the away fixtures.

Could that be down to the 'support' he gets from some of the home fans?  :006:

Russell Duncan is player I have a lot of time for.

When deployed as a holding midfielder he is vital cog in the team pattern.

He not only covers the back four well, he always shows to receive the ball from them.

They are then less likely to then pump 40 yard aimless balls up to the front two.

His distribution can let him down at times, but when he plays it simple and gives it to his more " creative " colleagues he is excellent ! 

He never " hides" during a game, even we he's not at his best and getting some usually uncalled for stick from the sidelines.