FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Dundee Utd - Preview

tm4tj

1 hour ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

I thought all the boys give it all today and that was a much better overall performance.The defence looked more solid today and the new Australian lad looked good.We need to sort out play in final third because we had chances today and made wrong choices.Now we need a striker.A better game to watch than of late.We need our new Manager to get in and get confidence up and then we need to sort out behind the scenes

Better performance than against Raith last week then? 

43 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

Was that a bigger home support than normal? 

Wouldn’t say so, but there was much more positivity in the crowd, even after the sickening late goal.

I agree with the comments that the players were up for it and felt we matched United in the main, but our downfall was failing to get shots away.

I came away feeling more confident we can turn things round, at least enough to ensure safety.

Udjur had a decent debut and Boyes looked good again. Anderson also looks a good find.

I thought it telling that Doran started, whilst it’s the best Samuels has played for at least a year.

There is hope!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, WYNESS101 said:

First home game of the season for me today.

1st half was awful for both teams not much really happened.

Second half was a lot better. We looked really good in spells and did create a lot of chances but sadly couldn't put them away. Not too sure what happened for the red card was it something he said to the ref? The new defender looked decent reminded me of a Grant Munro no mucking around at the back just clear it if there was any pressure. He was my MOTM. Austin changed the game for us when he came on looked very quick on the wing and was unlucky on a few shots he pulled off.

I'm taking away a lot of positives from that second half performance today.

Thought Samuel's was poor!  As usual he huffed and puffed but took the wrong choice, he also shot (wide) when he should have squared the ball to Mackay. Shaw was poor today  and Carson needs lessons on passing,   however a more positive display overall and the Aussie looks the part.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Signs of improvement but still came away with nothing, worrying we are going to get detached at the bottom.

Positives ,the two centre backs look  decent and good to see Doran back to some form.

Special mention to Goodwin though ,an absolute tool. Set up his team in his own image, sez loads about his lack of class.Lost count of how many yellows, a deserved red, niggling fouls,trying to deceive for a penalty the list is endless . Also a special mention for his ultimate shithousery. At least 3 times DU deliberately kicked on an  extra ball to try and break up our attacking play. 

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

Although the result is not what we wanted, it was a better all round team performance, and if we can sort out being more ruthless in the final third, we could start to pick up some much needed points. And Christie and Robbo managed to get through the game by watching the play, instead of having their heads buried in a folder or tablet!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Although the result is not what we wanted, it was a better all round team performance, and if we can sort out being more ruthless in the final third, we could start to pick up some much needed points. And Christie and Robbo managed to get through the game by watching the play, instead of having their heads buried in a folder or tablet!

I really liked thar Charlie was out pitchside whole game encouraging the players! They've not had that in a while! 

• Agree 4

11 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

Goodwin taking the **** big time .Did it the entire game plus personally chucked a ball on pitch during play.

Total tool.

IMG_2396 (1).jpg

The incompetent officials need to get on top of this. The standside linesman talked to him about it and then let him away with it for the rest of the match. They needed to do what the referee did to Mcinnes in the Dundee kilmarnock game, and send him off if he doesn't comply.  

• tm4tj unpinned this topic