FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Night out in Inverness

Guest eatport par

Guest eatport par

Looking for some advice from you guys.

I am having a stag do in Inverness in a week and a halfs time.  Not been to Inverness before so was looking for some advice on where I should be heading for a good night.

It looks like we are going to the Clachnucuddin (sp?) game on the Saturday and we were hoping to get into their social club but there is no details to phone or e-mail.

All help would be much appreciated

Far better to go to the Caley Thistle Social Club and join us for our early kick off against Rangers, if it's the weekend of the 4th August.  12.30 kick off, so plenty time for drinking the rest of the day and night.  ICT ticket office 01463 222880, buses run from the social club to the game and back or you could join us in the Innes and walk to the stadium from there.

Watch some of that lot from the Innes they are well dodgy !!! Only joking there a great bunch slightly mad but great people !!  A nice beer then a nice gental stroll to the stadium. As for a good drink Weatherspoons its cheap and cheerfull and the do pitchers the Wowo is really nice. Most people end up in Bakoo and if yer really drunk good old Mr G.s. 

I am having a stag do in Inverness in a week and a halfs time.  Not been to Inverness before so was looking for some advice on where I should be heading for a good night.

It looks like we are going to the Clachnucuddin (sp?) game on the Saturday and we were hoping to get into their social club but there is no details to phone or e-mail.

Depends what sort of night your after really

Nighclubs are:

Bakoo, G's, or motion or whatever its changed its name to this week, all of them pretty much full of very young teeny boppers

barabazzas - nightclub/bar for the non-teeny boppers, usually very busy at the weekends

Busy Pubs are:

Johnny foxes - very mixed crowd, always busy

cactus jacks - young crowd, always busy, dancers on the bar of usually questionable atteactiveness

Osbournes, usually busy at weekend, younger crowd

Hootananny's - mixed crowd, usually good for live music

Weatherspoons - cheap booze, no music, airport loung style

The room - havent been in for a while but last time i was in it was very busy, mixed crowd

Pivo - mixed crowd, not usually that busy

Loads of other pubs about town that can get busy depending on how close it is to pay weekend, if there is anything decent on, i.e big footy game/decent gig on town and if its a full moon! ha ha

Guest sophia

Inverness has it's very own 1973 theme park.

Simply hire a cab near the train station and ask for "Dingwall".

When you arrive you will be searched for any weapons. If you don't have one you will be invited to choose one.

Make your way to "The Commercial". Don't be put off by the humble exterior, it's actually much worse inside.

If it's late in the evening and you are pouring yourself back into a taxi don't whatever you do mention "Milnafua"

Guest TinCanFan

Oh please Sophia keep that racism off these pages.  If someone was saying that about where you live you'd be the first to complain.

Oh please Sophia keep that racism off these pages.  If someone was saying that about where you live you'd be the first to complain.

It can only be racism if you agree that folk from Dingwall are of a different race to those from Inverness. If slagging off another town or city was deemed as being racist then most  of the population of this country would be in jail. Inverness v Dingwall, Glasgow v Edinburgh, Grangemouth v Bo'ness, Dundee v Perth and so on and so on. Get a life and join the fun mun.

Mr par, the place is likely to be full of unhappy huns that weekend. :003:

Depends what sort of night your after really

Nighclubs are:

Bakoo, G's, or motion etc- alright

barabazzas - p1sh

Busy Pubs are:

Johnny foxes - always p1sh

cactus jacks - good

Osbournes, good

Hootananny's - can be either p1sh or good

Weatherspoons - p1sh

The room - ok

Pivo - ok

the rest - probably alright, better than what ive seen in dunfermline anyway

Loads of other pubs about town that can get busy depending on how close it is to pay weekend, if there is anything decent on, i.e big footy game/decent gig on town and if its a full moon! ha ha

Guest TinCanFan

It can only be racism if you agree that folk from Dingwall are of a different race to those from Inverness. If slagging off another town or city was deemed as being racist then most  of the population of this country would be in jail. Inverness v Dingwall, Glasgow v Edinburgh, Grangemouth v Bo'ness, Dundee v Perth and so on and so on. Get a life and join the fun mun.

This topic is about Nights out in Inverness it is not about what one person thinks of Dingwall and is another stupid reply from this member. Also calling people from Dingwall another race from those in Inverness is racism.  I conclude by saying that there is only one race: The Human Race.

Guest eatport par

Thanks for all this.  Always good to make sure we don't end up in the worst place in town.

Would probably have gonme to Caley game if it had been anyone other than Rangers you were playing.  Hopefully you will send them down the road with their tails between their legs early doors. 

Clach game should be a laugh if nothing else.  If anyone sees a bunch of guys on the Friday dressed as extra's from Still Game then please feel free to purchase the stag a drink.

Any ideas for a good meal would be much appreciated.  An Italian would be quality

This topic is about Nights out in Inverness it is not about what one person thinks of Dingwall and is another stupid reply from this member. Also calling people from Dingwall another race from those in Inverness is racism.  I conclude by saying that there is only one race: The Human Race.

We have been slagging off the hamlet of Dingwall for 13 years on this site (as they have about Inverness on theirs). It is rivalry rather than racism and therefore please stop trying to make an issue where there is none as all it does is drag the thread off topic.

if you wish to complain about a specific post or thread please use the 'report to moderator' function and it will be reviewed.

Dingwall is full of breeds...now thats not racist :crazy07:

Back on topic......if eatport par told us the age group of the stag party, ppl would probably be able to offer a more tailored pub crawl reccomendation for the weekend **** up.

Any ideas for a good meal would be much appreciated.  An Italian would be quality

I would recommend Bella Italia, just next to the town house.  Was there a few weeks ago and would def recommend it!

As for nightlife, it's not the best but there are a few decent bars and pubs. 

Is it the weekend of the 3rd/4th u r up?  If so this might interest you since u r up on a stag do....

2134090594a5097758196l.jpg

I am the resident DJ in Motion nightclub every Sunday night, decent club, try it out :)  Especially if u r with a group of mates for a stag do!  If not Cactus Jacks is prob your best bet

eatport... ye came aw the way on to this forum to ask aboot a night oot in Ness? ye shoulda just asked me! LOL

a wee warning =  s t a y  a w a y  f r o m  t h e  I n n e s

there's mad fowk in there.... and dodgy female taxi drivers... ;)

Go fer Johnny Foxes, Hootenannys and Pivo.

have a braw night!

Buffy x

eatport... ye came aw the way on to this forum to ask aboot a night oot in Ness? ye shoulda just asked me! LOL

a wee warning =  s t a y   a w a y  f r o m   t h e   I n n e s

have a braw night!

Buffy x

and there's a wee meet in the innes on friday night too!!

is it not bella pasta that's on the high st?  and rather than go there i'd head for Casa Italia on young st just over the river.  can be a bit fautly tower-ish sometimes but generally very good!!  best giving a ring to book as it can be busy - 01463 712678

and hey buffs - how's it going??  bout time you were up again!

a wee warning =  s t a y   a w a y  f r o m   t h e   I n n e s

have a braw night!

Buffy x

Hi there - I'm sure you are well qualified as as adviser for nights out in Inverness.  When are you planning another one?  :003:

I think you should tell them to pop into the Innes as I think we might have the company of our own IHE.  :001: I'm sure he could give them some tips.  :015: :015:  Tell them to call in if they dare.  :rotflmao: