FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hibernian V ICT - matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ictgirl

GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRr just wrote a nice long reply and lost it!!!

Same old story every game..."we played well but couldn't score" - well that is the point of the game...goals win games!!!

Why oh why do the managers insist on not using Deano, he has proven he can score in pre season and the reserves so what harm can it do to give him a run out for more than 10 mins. 

Brewster should have taken a back seat for today's game, he needs to look at the team more a game in the cup is hardly the same as in the league.  He could have been sub but obviously rates himself higher than the other strikers we have.  He subbed Marius - how about subbing himself too...and actually going for it.  Dennis and Deano could have come on with fresh legs and really given it a go.

What is the answer?! When is a manager going to play strikers that can score...this team needs some confidence and Brewster obviously thinks he has enough to do it all by himself. 

Something needs to change...maybe use Deano as a winger - afterall he played there for Ipswich, he can't do any worse than the others we've been using.

Dissapointing result, But i reckon we can bring Celtic back down to earth in a fortnight  :021:

No pressure, expected to lose by everyone, so lets go down there with nothing to lose and have a go, put up a fight and get right into them and get our first 3 points of the season  :crazy07:  :021:  :021:

Is this our worst start EVER in any league?

first 5 LEAGUE games each year ...... we have had seasons where we have not won in our first 5 games, but in each of those we have at least got a draw or two .... so yes this is our worst ever start.

94/95 - SFL3 - P5: W4 D0 L1

95/96 - SFL3 - P5: W1 D1 L3

96/97 - SFL3 - P5: W2 D1 L2

97/98 - SFL2 - P5: W0 D3 L2

98/99 - SFL2 - P5: W4 D1 L0

99/00 - SFL1 - P5: W0 D1 L4

00/01 - SFL1 - P5: W1 D0 L4

01/02 - SFL1 - P5: W1 D2 L2

02/03 - SFL1 - P5: W2 D1 L2

03/04 - SFL1 - P5: W2 D2 L1

04/05 - SPL - P5: W1 D0 L4

05/06 - SPL - P5: W2 D2 L1

06/07 - SPL - P5: W0 D3 L2

07/08 - SPL - P5: W0 D0 L5 

Just home. I can confirm that we played very well today, and derved a point if not 3.  Even the defence did well! Great effort all round, and Brewster looked a class above Marius (who faded out of the game in the 2nd half). Wilson was the playmaker on the left wing and had a good game, just lacking a decent cross or shot.

Our shooting was atrocious though. For many years I have had a theory that that the standard of shooting in the warm-up indicates how the game is going to go. Today they fired in dozens of shots from 18 yards and none of them went in. When that happens, you know the team aren't gonna score. (It was pretty much the same last week as well!)

But overall if we play like that every week, we'll do fine this season.

Guest Arab4Ever

Brew's after match interview is interesting. He is clearly making an effort not to "errrrr" and the silence between his sentences sounds very uncomfortable now with out it.

Brew's after match interview is interesting. He is clearly making an effort not to "errrrr" and the silence between his sentences sounds very uncomfortable now with out it.

I noticed that too  :015: Found it quite endearing, which is worrying me. Must not like Brew.... must not like Brew....  :014:

We played them off the park!

Seriously, we deserved at least a point out of that.

Cowie was my MOM again! Sorry Yngwie, but I thought Barry was mince. Not one decent cross, his corners were all overhit, and his passing was *****. Time for a rest for Bazza I think. That was the first 'poor' game I've seen Marius have, his head seemed to drop after the penalty miss. Blackie had a poor first half, but was great in the second. Russell....same old, same old.

The defence looked better, and McGuire slotted in easily when he replaced Caff.

Well, I'm certainly not that worried. Ignoring Celtic next, the six games after that should really see our season get going. If we carry on with this level of performance it'll not be long before we get going.

FRASER  :015: :015: :015:  Did not really have that much to do which probably says a lot about the game. He has taken over from Brown in missing penalties - if he had stood still the ball would have feckin hit him.

ROSSCOE  :015: :015: :015: :015:  Peeple keep on making negative remarks about Rosscoe but I think he is little different to previous seasons. He looks slow and clumsy at times but always recovers. Put in a solid shift but was obviously told about bombing forward too much.

McBAIN  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: My MOM. We have unearthed a beauty. Solid at the back, has the pace required and, especially in the second half was motoring up and down the line but always had the strength and stamina to get back. Some great overlapping and crosses.

CAFF  :015: :015: :015: :015: I thought he was a tad unlucky to lose the penalty but you dont stick yer hands up in the box. I thought that he would fall apart but he showed touches of the old Caff at times - poss as much to do with Brews tactics. Then typically he does his back in.

MUNRO  :015: :015: :015: Possibly not 100% fit or told to stick to the left and hold his line. No ghungho throw ins till the last 20. Almost made a huge mistake late on and was lucky to escape.

COWIE  :015: :015: :015:  :015: Another good shift but starved of the ball in the first half as everything was going down the left. He has the same motor as McBain but came up against a very good full back in Murphy. Looks much beter in the central position

BLACK  :015: :015: :015: Played in a more advanced position today and was clearly given the role of playmaker. Unfortunately he made as many bad passes as he did good ones. Not his best day at the office.

DUNCAN  :015: :015: :015: Put firmly in the defensive cover role today. When he broke up attacks and moved forward in the second half he looked good until he tried to pass it.  :029:

BAZZA   :015: :015: :015: Brew evidently turned back the years and decided to play Barry wide left hugging the touchline and clearly told peeple to hit his feet as much as possible. Bazza did well enuff but he doesnt have the pace no more and their black right back was very pacey. Basically Bazza should have been hooked at least 20 minutes before he was. He was clearly knackered and even started to try and showboat - unsuccessfully.  :029:

BREWSTER  :015: :015: :015: :015: What a feckin difference. A real target man. Good movement and some deft touches. But doesnt have the pace and must have been frustrated by the lack of awareness around him.

NICULAE  :023: Will deal with him elsewhere. Suffice to say that I am still waiting to see what he is really made of. He may have advanced ball control and a deft touch but he is slow and cumbersome, he has no pace, he is lazy, he rarely makes forward movement and he is generally too lackadaisical for my liking. Whoever decided or allowed him to take the pen ?? Should have been hooked just after half time - before his Juanjo dive !!

McGUIRE  :015: :015: :015: Too early to say and wasnt really tested.

WYNESS  :015: :015: :015:  Should have been on 20 minutes earlier - had the pace to worry them.

RANKIN  :015: :015: As per Wyness comment.

We must have had enuff chances to win three games today. The number of shots that we had that wer skied or miscued, especially in the second half, must have been a score at least.  

That was the first 'poor' game I've seen Marius have.

Well, I'm certainly not that worried. Ignoring Celtic next, the six games after that should really see our season get going. If we carry on with this level of performance it'll not be long before we get going.

Two less than me davie then.

But we played some great stuff at times today but had no luck in front of goal - but we have no pace either. When Hibees attacked they did it with width and pace.

Every man on the pitch gets full marks from me for todays performance.

Sitting here scratching my head trying to decide who gets MotM points as you could pick any 3 from the 11 guys who started the match.

Off to do the Match Report so I won't bore you with all my thoughts and stuff twice  :001:

We were a class above Hibs today, no failures for us, an absolutely great performance and I for one am proud of the whole team. Rosscoe or Brew for MoM. McBain also as noted above was superb, in fact they were all superb, even Rory who looked like he wanted to......................steady jobby.

penalty.............I don't know, I was still trying to eat my pie. Our one, keeper dived left, Marius hit it down the middle, hitting the keepers long legs..............well, he is about eleven feet long. Pity, because we overran Hibs at times and the goal would have set us on the way to a victory. Hibs were reduced to sporadic forays, trying to hit on the break, a ploy we used successfully in previous years, but this year we were the masters, in all but goals. We looked better than Brazil and I don't mean Alan. Brew and Marius flicking their way past the Hibs defence, we tore them to shreds on numerous occasions alas to no gain. Hugely entertaining game and we deserved a lot more than we got from it.  One move in the first half involved all the players, CaleyD, the tea lady and two stewards, but Marius screwed the shot under pressure just wide.  

To sum up, we were fekkin brilliant and those that knock the team constantly, get off yer arse and watch the real ICT, for this was just the start of the Brew revolution.

And it was a pleasure for you to meet me KoB

either or, they were all involved in the build up, in fact, did you not pass the ball to Govan Jaggie, it was then headed onwards to Mr & Mrs Pauli Bee then Kind of Blue sort of back heeled it into the box........not sure though, I might have got it wrong.............