FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grrr

Fanoffooty

Since Saturdays game ive had "Experts" who never go to a game of football tell me what Caley should or shouldnt be doing ... i get so p****d off 

Needless to say people i refer to are born & bred in Inverness but support Celtic or Rangers ,

Its a sad state of affairs when locals cant get behind Caley

Shameless glory hunters - all of them. I just look forward to the day when the Ugly Sisters are both rooted to the bottom of the SPL with no points after 6 games. My response to them on that day will be a truly schadenfreudistic    :blah01:

By the way, I'm feeling pretty aggrieved at having paid full whack for my season ticket - especially when you can now get them free with every packet of Kellog's Corn Flakes!  :cry03:

Since Saturdays game ive had "Experts" who never go to a game of football tell me what Caley should or shouldnt be doing ... i get so p****d off 

Needless to say people i refer to are born & bred in Inverness but support Celtic or Rangers ,

I know but ICT has a great fanbase in the local schools, at least the children of the old firm fans are loyal.

Agreed Fanoffooty.... The local hoops will be in their element after Saturday's result - which is a bit of an obscenity is it not..?

Caley would have quite a decent support if it wasn't for if it wasn't for the glory hunting OF supporters in and around this area...

Guest TinCanFan

I cannot and probably never will understand these Invernessian idiots that support the OF.  And the people I feel sorry for are the Glaswegian Ibrox and Parkhead locals who go to every game ,have done so for years, don't bother singing any of the racist rubbish and would support their team no matter what league they are in.  They are the real fans and not as MCFCexile rightly said recently the plastic ones.

You get alot of people saying that they support the OF because that's who their parents support.  So, on that basis if your mum and dad were Edinburgh City fans and ICT were riding high in the SPL would they be supporting Edinburgh City every week?  I don't think so.

I cannot and probably never will understand these Invernessian idiots that support the OF.  And the people I feel sorry for are the Glaswegian Ibrox and Parkhead locals who go to every game ,have done so for years, don't bother singing any of the racist rubbish and would support their team no matter what league they are in.  They are the real fans and not as MCFCexile rightly said recently the plastic ones.

You get alot of people saying that they support the OF because that's who their parents support.  So, on that basis if your mum and dad were Edinburgh City fans and ICT were riding high in the SPL would they be supporting Edinburgh City every week?  I don't think so.

What MCFCexile said was that he depises the glory hunter that toss a coin, buy a relpica top and fork out for setanta. I have no problem with parents influencing the teams their children support, I may not agree with it, but its their bairns, and as long as they grow up to love the club they support, then fine on you go.

Alot of my peers seem to have abandoned Caley latley and denied ever supporting them, yet I distnctly remember them wearing replica kits and going to the games, I don't class most OF fans as football fans as they only support the teams because they are wealthy. A real footballl fan is someone who follows a team with passion even if they lose their first siz games, because when they finally win its an amazing rush. Most of these people make excuses for who they support like "half my family are from Glasgow" It makes me sick that these people call themselfs fans.

What really gets me is that there is a Rangers shop in the Eastgate but zero presence of a Caley shop, you can't even buy a replica top in any shops in Inverness apart from at the stadium. It can't be that bad in Inverness that people need t latch on to Glasgow who in my opinion are not the best place to base yourself upon.

I cannot and probably never will understand these Invernessian idiots that support the OF.

Ha! Inverness idiots? That's rich coming from you! You're posting these trite comments without a thought as to why someone living in Inverness might legitimately want to follow one of the OF.

Maybe the moved here from Glasgow...if you move to Aberdeen for your work are you going to start supporting the Dons? Maybe they grew up in Inverness in the 70s like me when the Inverness clubs hardly got a mention in the schools? Lots of other reasons.

Alot of my peers seem to have abandoned Caley latley and denied ever supporting them, yet I distnctly remember them wearing replica kits and going to the games, I don't class most OF fans as football fans as they only support the teams because they are wealthy. A real footballl fan is someone who follows a team with passion even if they lose their first siz games, because when they finally win its an amazing rush. Most of these people make excuses for who they support like "half my family are from Glasgow" It makes me sick that these people call themselfs fans.

What really gets me is that there is a Rangers shop in the Eastgate but zero presence of a Caley shop, you can't even buy a replica top in any shops in Inverness apart from at the stadium. It can't be that bad in Inverness that people need t latch on to Glasgow who in my opinion are not the best place to base yourself upon.

Dont think rangers have any shops any more JJB have the franchise to sell their merchandise. I believe Debenhams are selling ICT again. Albeit in a little corner of the Celtic section.

Those people chose, for one reason or another, to support the Glasgow teams a long time ago and stick by their convictions. The objective should not be to slate them for their beliefs but to educate your friends, neighbours, youngsters, foriegners, whoever on the joys of supporting ICT. In time the realisation will sink in and they'll all flock to TCS.

The Rangers shop in the Eastgate has long since gone. It moved into the "High Street" (I don't know the actual name of the street it was on). I mind one day a bunch of ICT fans were abusing Rangers fans in the store. The locally renowned BENI were blamed for it  :015:

Now Rangers sell their kits and other bits and bobs through JJB.

Maybe the moved here from Glasgow...if you move to Aberdeen for your work are you going to start supporting the Dons? Maybe they grew up in Inverness in the 70s like me when the Inverness clubs hardly got a mention in the schools? Lots of other reasons.{/QUOTE}
Its the OF supporters who were born & bred in Inverness & just support them cos parents do that annoy me , many have never even been to see their team play in Glasgow & ok Inverness clubs hardly got a mention during the 70s , but ICT does now & without the support from Inverness how are they expected to get anywhere ?

Be proud of our local team & support them

Guest INVCALTHI

people i refer to are born & bred in Inverness but support Celtic or Rangers ,

With no major club in the Highlands until the late 90's/early 00's people from around here followed the old firm because they didn't have a local team to support - just because Caley are now in the SPL you can't expect old firm fans from around here to stop this support and then become loyal to Caley instead. 

With no major club in the Highlands until the late 90's/early 00's people from around here followed the old firm because they didn't have a local team to support - 

Fair enough, but why not Hibs or Hearts...? Or Falkirk or Killie..?

Or is it all bound up with just wanting to be part of the sectarian chanting mob, desperately seeking a little glory..?

I was born and bread in Coventry as most of you will know, and i have never once had a urge to support them...

The only reason i look out for their scores is because most of my friends follow them, and i like to take the pish when they loose.

People shouldnt support a team just because they are local, although it is a sad sight to see when you see 'home' buses alongside our support buses going down the A9 to games...

Here we go again but - Many of the older generation Sneck supporters held allegiances to the then "bigger" and league clubs in Scotland. Sneck teams were looked at as the local second team option. Many used the merger to stay away and have probably influenced those around them.

Them there has been a major influx of peeples from other areas who continue to follow the team of their roots. Many go to The Longman to watch ICT at home.

The future is in the schools and the new supporters. But that will take years. Unfortunately there are not many sensible people like me around.  :001:

By the way, I'm feeling pretty aggrieved at having paid full whack for my season ticket - especially when you can now get them free with every packet of Kellog's Corn Flakes!  :cry03:

[/

quote]

I hope that this is a joke or I will start to cry and feel very Grr