FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

My concern is

Bronson

My concern this far into the season is simply that Brewster does not know his best team yet. Wyness has played regularly alongside Niculae and although Marius has atruggled to find the net i think he has done a lot of the spadework for dennis. Niculae has been left out of the last 2 games and wyness has failed to score. Coincidence perhaps?

Our second top scorer (Cowie), has certainly in my opnion been our player of the season. Yet when we go to ibrox Bewster drops himin favour of Proctor. Proctor can't have had many minutes on the park yet this season but finds himself first pick all of a sudden.

Rankin has disappeared completely, and Brewster simply doesn't seem to grasp what subsitutes are all about.

I think all of this underlines how little skill/knowledge/experience Brewster has as a manager. He has had time to settle back in, but seems no further forward than we were when he arrived.

On a positive note, i think we have played some very good fotball. (i would love to see where we would be in league if we hadn't conceded all those  own goals, penalties and goalkeeping errors).

Good post.

I think Brewster coming back is a good thing for us, but I agree with you on the selection for Ibrox.  I can see why he chose Proctor but it's madness to leave out Cowie, given the way he has been performing.  I also think that Marius should have started against Aberdeen and Rangers.  As you say he and Wyness have been scoring.  Brewster did say that he wanted to give some fringe players a runout against Aberdeen and Graham Bayne has always done well at Ibrox.  Perhaps Brewster wanted more of a physical presence/targetman for at the weekend.

However, since he came in he's moved us clear of the bottom of the table and got us scoring goals.  The shambolic situation that is our defence should have been sorted out long before Brewster came back in.  Phil McGuire hasn't done badly - generally we've conceded less when he's played than when he's not.  I would have preferred a more dominant, experienced centre half coming in though, there is still time in the window but I've said that elsewhere.

If it wasn't for penalties, own goals or goalkeeping errors we would have eight more points and be in the top half of the table, presuming the following results had been the same draws against Motherwell (pen), Hibs (pen) and wins over Killie and Aberdeen.  Our defending is what's hurting us at the moment.  It's an embarrassment.

Rankin has disappeared completely

to be fair .... Rankin seemed to have been frozen out before Brewster arrived ... not sure what the story is there but after early season obscurity last season he finished it as one of our best once he found his SPL feet .......

Wyness hasnt scored cos we have been under the cosh at Aberdeen and Castle Greyskull. I thought he did OK versus the Huns. I scratched my head when CC brought back the Old School and Brew is doing the same - and as Brosnon says shows a bit of managerial panic. We have played some good stuff in spells but there is no structure or consistency.

Guest WynessLegend

I, on the other hand, have absolutely no concerns about Brewster.

Playing at Ibrox I thought it was a wise move to replace an attacking midfielder with one who could help out in defence.

Similarly, although Niculae has been outstanding, I felt this was a game for Bayne.

Our regular defensive lapses will be addressed by Brewster in the January transfer window. Until then he will continue to make the most of the resources to hand.

We have a very winnable run of games coming up and I'm looking forward to them.

Guest CaleyJaggy

Heard from Rankin's neighbour that he and Donald Park had a major falling out and that Rankin now wants to move on.

I had heard a few weeks ago, that Rankin was showing folk round his house as if he were selling it  :024:

Maybe the Wyness/Marius thing is a real headache for brew, he must like Bayne, but lets face it, not a lot happens up front when He and Wyness play together.

On another note, we have shipped a lot of goals ( apart from Gretna) this coincides with Hastings back at LB, strange eh.

On another note, we have shipped a lot of goals ( apart from Gretna) this coincides with Hastings back at LB, strange eh.

Very unfair. We shipped 14 goals in the 6 SPL games that Richard didn't start this season. Hardly rock solid without him.

The defensive problems are behind and to the right of Richard.

Very unfair. We shipped 14 goals in the 6 SPL games that Richard didn't start this season. Hardly rock solid without him.

Spot On !

:014: the defensive probleam run to far more than the goalie. or am i getting my directions confused??  :023:

Well said Bronson.

Lets keep Niculae in the side...he is class and will do well for us once he has found his scoring touch.

You have been drinking too much Eastern European JD.  :001: What race does Niculae belong to over there ?

The JD is ok but im still looking for the Polish version of a STIFFY!!!!

Ohh the memories  :001:

Now back to the subject.....

I agree very much to Rich, I think Marius and Wyness are fine and should be left, but Bayne is a Brewster type player for sure and I'm sure he see Graham as a "me on the pitch"

He's the Manager and he picks the team?

And Roy McBain for left back! 

Spot On !

Well its just the way i see it...  look at it this way..

Hastings played for the first 3 games and we got beat each one, three of the goals were in my mind his fault.

he was out for 5 games coming back for the Gretna cup match, but i cant count Gretna as real opposition as they are so poor.

So, he's back in for Dons and we are beat, Dons cup game and we are beat, he's in for the Gers game and we are beat,

To summarise

The only two games he's played for ICT and we have won this season are against Gretna.

I heard Rankin had bumped into ITN(F.Gump of sneck) and has decided to keep walking with him.

I then heard Rankin had turned in to Rumple Stiltskin and has been asleep all this time.

I then heard that he did indeed have a blazing row with Donald P.  Parky found out he asked to borrow some of Richie Harts CD's.

More importantly, whatever his injury or non injury we need Rankin back.  I dont think Brewster has learnt anything from his first visit to us or at UTD.  He seems to have less grasp in tactics than Charlie.  For all Charlie's negatives, he changed things when he had to.  2-0 down to Falkirk, subs came on, he changed the formation and we one 3-2.  If we are 2-0 to Falkirk under Brewster, there would be no change of tactics and no subs until after 80 mins.

I reamain concerned over this season but thank god for Gretna and heres hoping they stay where they are.