FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

mr t...crazy fool

blobs

didnt see the game yesterday, waiting for the highlights but has no-one else noticed that tokely quite regularly gets "the red mist"? remember watching a game last year, think it was a 1-0 win or a  3-1 defeat, dunfermiline or st mir, i forget. anyways remember sitting in the north stand and watching their goalie collect a cross or a corner, everyone else began to ran back towards the halfway line but instead tokely made a late run into the box, gave the keeper a jab to the gut and then charged off looking smug. did he not also clatter beasley off the ball in the 3-0 defeat by the gers? anyhows doesnt suprise me that he got sent off, me and my mates often discuss how lucky he is not to get sent off more often, maybe in part beacuese there is less tv scrutiny at our games

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was de Vries. I remember it well because I was walking past it at that moment, but Tokely hardly touched him, the keeper tried to get him sent off, he went down like the Milan keeper.

Guest TinCanFan

It was de Vries. I remember it well because I was walking past it at that moment, but Tokely hardly touched him, the keeper tried to get him sent off

I think it was also because it was the last minute and Dorus de Vries wanted to run down the clock.

He had a sly punch on Nacho Novo last season or perhaps the season or two before which drew applause from posters on this forum for some reason.

He also had an unsavoury incident against United at Pittodrie when he, already on a yellow, lunged into a needless challenge with a United player already on the floor and he was rightly sent off.

On Saturday Tokley showed his true lack of class so called hardmen  can take it as well as dish it out. Yesterday's performance showed Tokley to be thuggish and cowardly. He is not some young raw talent but an experienced professional footballer who should by now know better there was no way back for the team yesterday once he was sent off, he would have known that before he stuck the Motherwell player.

Surely Scottish Football especially the SPL has moved away from the braindead defender sent out to kick players to guys who can actually play football.

Richard Hastings gets a lot of flack from certain members of the home support but if we had a team full of players with Hastings attitude on and off the park we would be greatly improved in my opinion.

But enough of 1 idiot on the park what really annoyed me yesterday were the complete morons in the mainstand who applauded Tokley off the park,  apologies if you were only out on a day pass, but you were congratulating a player on letting his team and fans of that team down.

This is not the first time Tokley has done this but it is the first time I can remember he has been caught, normally his sneaky kicks and punches are carried out in a melee in our own box.

I don't think we will miss Tokley as much as some may think over the next game or so and hopefully we can get someone in to replace him who will not let us down in our presently precarious position

Agent N,

You just described one of our players as a thuggish, cowardly, braindead and sneaky, so-called hardman idiot.  That's not on.

You don't know Tokely and you don't know the half of what goes on between players on and off the pitch.  If Tokely decides that playing hard is the way to go, with over 300 appearances in our jersey under his belt, then I'll trust him to make that decision.  Granted, he shouldn't have got himself sent off but I think your criticism should be focused on the management, rather than getting on Tokely's back. Like you said, one man didn't lose that game yesterday.

Dry your eyes mate and consider the number of times Tokely has saved us with crucial tackles, goal-line clearances and goals.

Agent N,

If Tokely decides that playing hard is the way to go, with over 300 appearances in our jersey under his belt, then I'll trust him to make that decision. 

There's a world of difference between playing hard within the rules and outside the rules.  Yesterday he was downright stupid and well outside the rules.

Agent N,

If Tokely decides that playing hard is the way to go, with over 300 appearances in our jersey under his belt, then I'll trust him to make that decision. 

There's a world of difference between playing hard within the rules and outside the rules.  Yesterday he was downright stupid and well outside the rules.

You missed the bit where I said "Granted, he shouldn't have got himself sent off" ;)

Agent N,

You just described one of our players as a thuggish, cowardly, braindead and sneaky, so-called hardman idiot.  That's not on.

You don't know Tokely and you don't know the half of what goes on between players on and off the pitch.  If Tokely decides that playing hard is the way to go, with over 300 appearances in our jersey under his belt, then I'll trust him to make that decision.  Granted, he shouldn't have got himself sent off but I think your criticism should be focused on the management, rather than getting on Tokely's back. Like you said, one man didn't lose that game yesterday.

Dry your eyes mate and consider the number of times Tokely has saved us with crucial tackles, goal-line clearances and goals.

In my opinion and that's all it is, running up from someone from behind and elbowing them is thuggish and cowardly.

Deliberately getting yourself sent off when your team is second bottom of  the division, when the bottom team is as far as you know drawing and therefore  may gain a point is stupid, I agree braindead may have been a bit strong.  He did it right in front of the referee.

It was my intention to express my opinion that there is no problem with hard but fair players able to dish it out and take it back. Tokely does not appear to be able to take it.

I also think it's completely "on" to allow me to express my opinion, I assume you will be writing a strongly worded letter to Craig Brewster who I believe called Tokely a disgrace and embarrassment on national radio.  

As you say has 300+ appearances and  therefore should be able he should therefore know that 9 against 11 is not viable.

I do remember the of tackles etc he has made in the past, and have supported him many times on this board, but that in no way excuses what he did yesterday.  This happened right in front of me yesterday and as you can probably tell it was beyond my comprehension why he did it. Red mist, heat of the game do not wash with me he is a professional sportsman being watched by people paying good money.

Just watched the highlights on the BBC website and it appears we were indeed VERY hard done by. Baynes two bookings weren't even fouls. The second one rather than 'lunging through' the player as the press suggsted he's actually gone in for a blocking challenge (around the side) but just listen to the Motherwell player scream AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!! as he dives, absolutly pathetic.

Their second goal was a stonewall offside. It doesn't get anymore clear cut.

Tokelys 'violent lunge' into McGarry also looks pretty soft. There is contact, but he certainly doesn't punch him, shades of Dida for me.

Guest CaleyJaggy

WEll after having seen the highlights and seeing Tokely punching the boy mcgarry, I don't want tokely to play for a long time unless he comes out and says sorry for his disgraceful antics.  Brew needs to hit him hard with a fine and he better not get straight back into the team.   :33:  :33:  :33:  :33:  :33:

Dead ball you are wrong about the tokely incident he punched him plain and simple. 

I also think it's completely "on" to allow me to express my opinion, I assume you will be writing a strongly worded letter to Craig Brewster who I believe called Tokely a disgrace and embarrassment on national radio. 

As you say has 300+ appearances and  therefore should be able he should therefore know that 9 against 11 is not viable.

I do remember the of tackles etc he has made in the past, and have supported him many times on this board, but that in no way excuses what he did yesterday.  This happened right in front of me yesterday and as you can probably tell it was beyond my comprehension why he did it. Red mist, heat of the game do not wash with me he is a professional sportsman being watched by people paying good money.

I'm not knocking your right to an opinion and I can see why you feel so strongly because I pay my money too, I just think that your criticism of him was a bit over the top.  I think its very easy for people to commentate on the actions of players who are after all, still human beings.  Its easy to sit at home in front of the computer and have a rational opinion on something when your not pumped up with adrenalin.  If Tokely is reading this now, he'll no doubt hold his hands up to the fact that he messed up.

Brewster did not say he was an embarrassment, nor did he suggest he was intellectually challenged, however he did say he was a disgrace.  That's criticism enough without getting any more personal.

I have to disagree with you when you say Tokely wouldn't be missed at the back. We've not been able to replace Dods so what makes you think that we'll get 2 decent players to fill these roles in the transfer window?

Sorry CaleyD, having just watched the highlights it is a clear punch.

I disagree, it is far from a punch.  In order to punch someone from an angle like that he would need to rotate the shoulders and that doesn't happen.  There is also no movement of McGarrys head to suggest any force in the contact that was made and the fact that you see the outside of Rosscos wrist suggest that any contact was made with the flat of the hand.

Unless Rossco is some kind of contortionist then it is not physically possible for it to have been a punch.

I'm not denying contact was made or defending Rossco, I just don't think it was the knock-out punch some people are making it out to be.

Bottom line is that there's no need for any contact in that situation and he deserved the Red Card.

Both red cards were deserved.

Baynes first yellow was for persistent fouling, not just that one incident shown in the highlights. The second was a ridiculous challenge to make for someone on a yellow card already. It's noticable he doesn't even argue the decision, he's off walking straight away.

Roscoe's one was shocking. Whether it was a straight punch to the face or not, the intent was there. He didn't have the pace to catch McGarry, so just lamped him from behind. No justifications for it whatsoever in my book.

Guest macgint71

heard he may be out for 4 games. Deserved I would say. As I said before, give someone else a chance who will respect the position they are in