FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Celtic : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Just in from the match....that was a real blood, sweat and snotters effort by ICT.

Will elaborate my thoughts more once I've got a coffee.

I take it you weren't in the car park then?!  Home in record time!

No, I avoid the car park whenever possible and still get the car within spitting distance of the stadium  :004:

I was actually back in the house by 4:15 and I never even got out of my seat till the final whistle blew  :001:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOO HOO  :021:

My faces hurts from smiling so much  :001:

What a SUPERB result!!  :clapping03: :clapping03:  :clapping03:

We played some glorious football at times and thoroughly deserved the 3 points!!

I though Rankin was immense today and was MoTM although Black ran him close.

Can someone explain why wasn't Pressley sent off and Proctor was? Both last man. Did Pressley even get booked?

It was great to walk past all those devastated Celtic fans after the game as well. They looked dazed and confused. Hilarious

Got back to the car only to hear Strachan's whinging :020: Glad the rest of the pundits shot his comments down

All of the players put in a decent shift today.

The fact that by the end of the game we forgot that we were down to ten men speaks volumes regarding the players fitness levels (which we had lost under CC) and work ethic.

BBC pundits reckon that Pressley should have gone (in fact they noted that it was more of a goalscoring opportunity than Proctors foul)

Also a mention for Mikey save which was world class :clapping03:

Superb stuff, best game I've EVER been at!! :001:

We were immense, and even when we went 2 down, we kept our heads up. Hard to single anyout out, as they were all brilliant, but Ian Black, and Rankin, were just fantastic. Sowas Marius (despite the fact he should've scored with the header).

Heard Strachan on the way home, what an ungracious wee ***** he is :015: :015:

Elvis should've been off, but maybe it was to our advantage that he wasn't.....he was mince.

Ach, still can't get this big stupid smile off my face :001:

Oh aye, and well done Michael Fraser. Great game, and that save at the end was stunning.

Guest WiganJag

So, as I asked earlier.  Does today beat the cup win at Parkhead?

no. but it must come close.

I don't think so either, but it must be up there as one of the biggest wins in ICT's history.

Just home after watching the match on Setanta with a rabid Gers fan.  I'd say he is as happy as I am.  For once we got the rub of the green with refereeing decisions.  A dodgy penalty -- thank goodness it was against Mark Brown with his record at saving penalties.  I think he should have stopped what was in all fairness a poorly taken kick.  Then the Tics had a decent goal chalked off for offside.  Give that linesman a bottle of champagne.  Not to mention Celtic hitting the post!.  Still, the second half performance was immense.  We created lots of chances and thoroughly deserved the odd bit of good luck.  Cowie, Black and Rankin were top class.  If one of them doesn't play for Scotland soon there's no justice.  They far outclassed Scott Brown.  Marius missed some good chances but his ball holding and distribution as a lone striker were teriffic.  Mike Fraser's save near the end was world class.  No failures today on a day which in its own way comes close to the immortal 3-1 victory over the Tic.

A completely deserved 3 points today, and if anything it could have been even better. Pressley should have walked, his last ditch, last man offence was even more clear cut than Proctors - a classic example of double standards  :33: McGeady should also have walked for clearly kicking an ICT player off the ball in full view of the referee, the linesman and the fourth official  :014:

In the spell before Proctors red we were on top and looked the more likely to score. If we'd gone 4-2 up the floodgates would have opened. We were all over them at times. Even with the ten men we had great chances, Bazzas fluffed sitter was a real sickener.

But it didn't matter! Proctor was definatly my MOTM today, brilliant defending, brilliant control of the ball and distribution under pressure and an awesome headed goal against defenders twice his size! And well done for 'taking one for the team' possibly even sacrificing his run at right back (if Tokely does well next week) to stop Celtic scoring after McGuires howler - top class!  :clapping03: Niculae ran him close, his use of the ball was world class at times and really took the pressure off us.

Every player got at least 8 out of 10 in my book apart from McGuire whose carelessness got Proctor sent off and almost cost us dearly a couple of times - although he made alot of good headed clearances when we were under the cosh and made an excellent goal saving block on the line after Fraser flapped a cross straight to a Celtic jersey. I think he probably has the potential to replace Dods if we iron out the rough edges in his game.

How on earth did Celtic manage to beat Man Utd and AC Milan????? McManus and Scott Brown (world class???) were absolutly shocking!! All of the hype Broon's received seems to have got to him, his heads up his @rse. I loved it when Russel Duncan feigned that he was going to nail him, then started patting his face and grinning - he didn't like that one bit!

What a game, what a result! Not since the Pele Paterson era have we audaciously plucked victory from the jaws of defeat like that - Keep it up and we'll be on course for our best season ever after our worst start ever - Brewster is the man!!!

Listening to Brews interview and you could tell just how much it meant to him, not just as a manager, but coming from the heart....heck, I thought he was about to burst into tears at one point when talking about the commitment of the lads on the park.

Everyone has praised the players and the manager...but special mention to the fans for what was truly the best "12th Man" performance by them that I have seen since we got in to the SPL.  I don't think their was a person in the North Stand that wasn't clapping and chanting during large portions of the second half, and a quick glance across to the Main Stand gave the impression it was the same there.

And lets not forget the couple who had to do the walk of shame when it was pointed out they were actually Celtic Fans in the wrong end  :015:

I tell you how great it was, I just tried to make a phonecall and when the person answered and I went to speak...nothing came out but a croak...the voice is gone, completely fooked  :029:

Fantastic result, great team performance, and I will even extend my congratulations to Mr Brewster whose tactics and subs couldn't be faulted.  Mikey and Blackie shared MoM in the Mee household. Just about to watch it again  :003: :003: :003:

Fantastic result, great team performance, and I will even extend my congratulations to Mr Brewster whose tactics and subs couldn't be faulted.  Mikey and Blackie shared MoM in the Mee household. Just about to watch it again  :003: :003: :003:

Mee...you do realise that ICT get a cut of the revenue from Setanta and that income will contribute to Mike Smiths wages  :010:

Sitting here with tears in my eyes (dropped the laptop on me foot); that was my best day at TCS since we 'came home' after that first, long winter at Pittodrie. To rate any of our players would be an insult to everyone who pulled on an ICT jersey today and showed the overpaid Tic what the game's all about. Strachan was hilarious in his post-match interview, especially as I'd summed his comments up to my dad five minutes before he made them  :015:

For me that just shades it on the 3-1 at Parkhead; we came back from the dead against a Celtic side in the last sixteen of the Champions League and did something the likes of AC Milan couldn't do: put three past them. This is definitely one for the larder of memories.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Fantastic.  Great first 10-15 mins then horrid.  Great last mins of first half.  Pressley should have walked.  Yes it was a odgd penalty but once it was given he should have gone.  Great second half from all the team.  Great save from Fraser.  As for the wee ginger pr*ck, all the shots?  The last graphic I saw showed 14 shots each!  This man is a complete prat and beating his lot of over rated and over paid numpties is such a joy.  Here is to next week.  Lets get a great support down and have more of the same.  Top 6 by christmas?