FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

whats the problem with flags Mr Smith???

caley89

I remember taking a lad i used to wrk with who is a wheelchair user to a big game (think it was semi final at hampden). He had an ict flag with pole, which on match days was permanently stuck between his chair and handles so flag flew behind him when pushed. As we entered the ground we were toldwe wouldn't be allowed in unless we took pole of the flag. I pointed out that the lad who the fag belonged to couldn't actually use his arms due to his disability, but alas pole was eventually removed.

Once inside the ground there was a group of women on a hen night/day (about 20) all of whom had wooden poles larger than flag pole with a picture of a certain celebritie stuck on the end (can't mind if it was Elvis or cliff richard)

Common senseappears to no longer exsist at football grounds :rolleyes02:

Why not permanently fix the flag pole to the wheelchair, so that a tool has to be used to remove it and glue a ping pong ball to the top.

This will also give the wheelchair more stability in flight when throwing it on to the pitch

As far as I could see, there was a very nice new flag in the North Stand this Saturday, but no sign of a flagpole.    The flag was VERY much smaller that the Aberdire ones on view at Pittodrie on Thursday night - discrimination between SPL Clubs?

As far as I could see, there was a very nice new flag in the North Stand this Saturday, but no sign of a flagpole.    The flag was VERY much smaller that the Aberdire ones on view at Pittodrie on Thursday night - discrimination between SPL Clubs?

These huge flags are known as surfing flags and are a common site in the football world.  They are banned at ICT following a recomendation to ban them after some fans in Aberdeen set off a flare under cover of the flag.  Other clubs seem to ignore this advice and still use them.  I think you have to look at the risks, 1 reported incident shows that it is possible, but as a percentage the risk of a problem must be minimal.  Risk assessments should be based on the worst case scenario and then the probability of an incident.  ICT have taken the stance that these flags are banned from our ground.

These huge flags are known as surfing flags and are a common site in the football world.  They are banned at ICT following a recomendation to ban them after some fans in Aberdeen set off a flare under cover of the flag.  Other clubs seem to ignore this advice and still use them.

As should ICT !!! If our fans had a history of bad behaviour, fair enough but they dont. Lets not sanitise absolutely all the fun out of the game.

At every home game at Toronto (with more than 20,000 fans) there are several of these, and the biggest ones are actually owned by the club and brought out by the stewards to start the journey round the stadium !!!

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

they didnt even object to fan-created ones .....

[attach=3]

post-2-1203345882_thumb.jpg

DSCF4945.JPG_thumb

post-4-1203345882_thumb.jpg

DSCF5230.JPG_thumb

post-4-1203345883_thumb.jpg

DSCF5617.JPG_thumb