who would like to do a vigil with me and ghostfinders team in tulloch castle

Feb82000

I shouldn't be encouraging Feb8th regarding his ghostly pursuits - he's got enough problems, but I'm wondering what he'd make of this review of Stuart Castle, I came across recently on a hotel review website....

My husband booked the castle for a house party to celebrate my 40th birthday for two nights. Prior to us arriving, we had regular contact with Caroline, one of the Stewarts who own the castle, to ensure she had all the details of our requirements, i.e. meals we required etc.

As soon as we arrived at the road entrance to the castle, we all knew this was going to be an experience of a lifetime. The status of the castle took all of our breaths away. We were greeted by Caroline as soon as we arrived and led into the castle. She gave us a fantastic tour and everyone could see all of the rooms and get the "feel" of the castle, which, we could sense had an "eerieness" about it.

Once we were allocated rooms and settled (my husband and I were put into the "haunted three turret bedroom") we relaxed into the Drawing Room where were given afternoon tea which was all homebaked solely by Caroline. Next came a fabulous dinner, also prepared solely by Caroline which everyone agreed could have been prepared by a world class chef!

As far as experiences in the castle went, there were many. Whispers were heard in our haunted room, perfume smelt in a room that had not had anyone in it for hours, screams were heard in the stairway, the doorbell rang with no-one there, snooker balls were being knocked together which various people heard when no-one was in the billiard room!

The bathroom belonging to our room was one of the eeriest places there and the hairs stood up on the back of everyones neck whenever they visited it! There is definitely something there!

The most shocking experiences were that one of our friends saw a "white mist/person" crossing over the doorway from the Billiard Room to the Drawing Room, when investigated, there was nothing there. Also my husband's aunt and uncle had just HIS toiletries taken from the shelf in their bathroom and dropped into the sink where HERS stayed on the shelf! That spooked everyone! Also when retiring to bed on our first night, we noticed our bathroom door was tight shut when we had left it open - any draught would have opened, not closed it!

All in all it was a fantastic place to stay. It is a credit to the Stewarts and all their staff. We, and probably some of our friends will definitely be giving Stuart Castle another visit.

Sounds to me like the staff must stay up pretty late in order to entertain their guests...  :024: