FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who should be the next chairman at ICT..?

Johnboy

I'm personally very disappointed that David Sutherland has ruled himself out, as far as a possible return to chair ICT is concerned...

He is largely responsible for the rapid growth, and much of the success that ICT has enjoyed since its inception in 1994.

So what kind of person should take over from Mr Savage...?

What ambitions should that person have for ICT...?

Will he/she regard survival in the SPL (even 2nd bottom place) as an achievement...?  Will he/she regard that as "punching above our weight...?

I sincerely hope the board will come up with the exactly right person to take ICT to a higher level. Someone who will be aware of this club's sense of values, which has a lot to do with its present position..

When it was announced that CC was stepping down as manager, this website almost went into meltdown as to who his replacement should or shouldn't be.... The appointment of the next chairman of ICT is surely every bit as important, if not even more important than the appointment of a team manager/coach.

The difficulty is JB...Chairmens attributes are not as apparent as managers. Thats why it will be so difficult to make an educated guess as to who will take over. Mr Savage wasnt that well known before he took over the position.

Until we see one or two other people removed from positions of authority at the club then I don't think it will matter a jot who the next Chairman is.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but won't that be a matter for the next chairman to deal with.?

The difficulty is JB...Chairmens attributes are not as apparent as managers. Thats why it will be so difficult to make an educated guess as to who will take over. Mr Savage wasnt that well known before he took over the position.

Agreed Smee.... But remember Mr Savage was a major player in the re-appointment of Craig Brewster, and the signing of Marius Niculae - that one might have turned him into a hero, but unfortunately it backfired on him...

Maybe I'm missing something here, but won't that be a matter for the next chairman to deal with.?

The info is out there regarding the situation if you read with an open mind, although I'm sure someone will spell it out in due course.

Someone who's got b0llocks to get rid of Brewster, Bennett and Mike Smith, along with the ambition to drive the club into the Top 6 next season while not allegedly destroying team spirit by paying 4 or 5 times over our average wage on one player hyped up for his past glorys.

Someone who's got b0llocks to get rid of Brewster, Bennett and Mike Smith, along with the ambition to drive the club into the Top 6 next season while not allegedly destroying team spirit by paying 4 or 5 times over our average wage on one player hyped up for his past glorys.

Spot on - but not exactly ONE individual - more of a spokesperson wiv a very strong LOCAL backing.  :001:

Good times are coming back.

Guest airbornejake

i really don't know who it should be, but who wants to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, with a club going nowhere. you really need to accept nobody is going north. portsmouth fc + Cardiff city cup final  100,000 supporters, rangers v queen of the south 35,000 if u r lucky. u need to accept that northern football is a dieing sport.

I'll take anyone who can turn us into an SPL team off the park. More professionalism and less of the 'old boys' charade. I want someone with ambition who can take advantage of our location. By that I mean spend the required money on dedicated professional training facilities and a youth system we can be proud of. We should have the pick of youngsters in the area but its our friends from over the bridge who find them. It has to be us that churns out the talented youngsters and sells them on.

I'll take anyone who can turn us into an SPL team off the park. More professionalism and less of the 'old boys' charade. I want someone with ambition who can take advantage of our location. By that I mean spend the required money on dedicated professional training facilities and a youth system we can be proud of. We should have the pick of youngsters in the area but its our friends from over the bridge who find them. It has to be us that churns out the talented youngsters and sells them on.

Sensible comment, James - I totally agree with you....

I'm still at a loss to understand CaleyD's comment on this thread, that it "matters not a jot" who the next chairman will be....  :024:

Becos the next chairman will be a "puppet".

Well the last one wasn't - he managed to inflict a fair bit of damage to the club with by virtue of taking a couple of decisions which could best be described as "crass"

What about Billy Urquhart joining the board and putting something back into football. He has just sold his business and has reputedly pocketed in excess of ?2m. He has a sound knowledge of football and would make an excellent DOF.

What about Billy Urquhart joining the board and putting something back into football. He has just sold his business and has reputedly pocketed in excess of ?2m. He has a sound knowledge of football and would make an excellent DOF.

Another member of the "old boys club".....just what we need  :029:

Ive been told that grassa is away to clach and that billy uqhuart (sp?) has been asked to take over but he is unsure because he wants to do it his way, also greg fraser will be next chairman! (sutherland puppet apparentley, dont know as ive never heard of the guy.)

Don't think so Caley D. He is very much his own man which probably wouldn't suit the Tulloch Yes men.

Don't think so Caley D. He is very much his own man which probably wouldn't suit the Tulloch Yes men.

I have no real problem with a Tullochs "Yes Man".  It's people like Sutherland who got us where we are and built the stable platform on which the club now rests (or as stable as you get in football these days).  So long as a decision is made one way or another then people at least know where they stand.  No point in taking in someone who is their own man and then tying their hands and not allowing them to get on with things, just as much as there's no point in taking in a "yes man" and then expecting them to make big decisions off their own back.

And above all else, we shouldn't be taking someone in just because they're "one of the lads".  They have to be able to perform whatever duties they are charged with.  Be that following the instructions of someone else or being a leader in their own right.