FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

2008-09: Final SPL Table

starchief

NOTE [scotty]: Have split this topic to keep 2008/09 predictions separate from 2007/08. Predictions for last season can be seen on this thread .... http://www.caleythistleonline.com/communit...hp?topic=3972.0

Just thought I'd remind people of what they actually thought.

Hearts in the top 3 from most  :rotflmao:

Motherwell for relegation  :023:

And Walter Smith to be sacked for having such a poor season by some  :crazy07:

I think we can be forgiven for giving Gretna a chance as no-one could have predicted the cheque signing fiasco.  Also, I think Killie's terrible run of injuries combined with not being able to replace either Naismith or Nish accounted for their poor place.  I expect them to recover next season.

Anyway, here's what I got:

1. Celtic Celtic

2. Rangers Rangers

3. Aberdeen Motherwell

4. Hearts Aberdeen

5. Hibs Dundee Utd

6. Dundee Utd Hibernian

7. Kilmarnock Falkirk

8. Inverness Hearts

9. Motherwell ICT

10. Falkirk St Mirren

11. Gretna Killie

12. St Mirren Gretna

Um...Rangers resigned from the league Reedee?

By the way, the thread was for this season (2007/8), so better state that from a couple of posts ago we're now saying

2008/9 predictions start here

1. Celtic (just)

2. Rangers (not convinced by their strikeforce - one good forward - or Boyd playing more - could change my mind)

--------------

3. Dundee Utd (slowly improving all the time)

--------------

4. Hibs (some good signings so far)

(This is difficult at this stage but...)

5. Hearts (will Vlad butt out?)

6. Aberdeen (lot of rebuilding)

------------

(Next three in any order but I'll go for)

7. Killie (some nice JJ signings already and can't have so many injuries again)

8. Motherwell (flash in the pan)

9. Falkirk (quietly impressed by their rebuilding, so why do I have them so low?)

10. Saint Mirren (easily avoiding relegation but nothing special)

11. ICT (I don't feel good at all about next season)

-----------

12. Hamilton (just don't have it in the long run)

1. Celtic ...................................none of the rest are good enough to challenge.

2. Rangers ..............................system and tactics will let them down again

3. Dundee U.............................continue good run and battle with Hibs

4. Hibs .....................................happy dressing room and continuation from previous. Close run with DU

5. Motherwell ..........................continuation from previous season

6. ICT ......................................couple of good signings + right mix of youth and experience (hope). Close run with Falkirk and Motherwell though

7. Falkirk .................................close fight with two above

8. Hearts .................................new manager needing time to review squad

9. Aberdeen ............................total rebuild will take time to gel

10. Kilmarnock ........................still trying to build with no cash

11. St Mirren ...........................not enough quality

12. Hamilton ...........................will be a close fight with three above

1. Celtic= try 4 years in a row

2. hibs= getting stronger

3 rangers= can't make it to second

4 falkirk= did well this season and will do better next

5 hearts= they will keep improving

6 Dundee utd= good but not that good

----------------------------------------------------

7 Aberdeen= team has to be re built and they won't be strong enough to cope

8 killie= they had one bad season and will do better this

9 motherwell= over achieved last season

10. st mirren= there OK and will keep fighting in the spl

11 Hamilton= will just stay in the spl

12 ict= there going to find it hard

1. Celtic= try 4 years in a row

2. hibs= getting stronger

3 rangers= can't make it to second

4 falkirk= did well this season and will do better next

5 hearts= they will keep improving

6 Dundee utd= good but not that good

----------------------------------------------------

7 Aberdeen= team has to be re built and they won't be strong enough to cope

8 killie= they had one bad season and will do better this

9 motherwell= over achieved last season

10. st mirren= there OK and will keep fighting in the spl

11 Hamilton= will just stay in the spl

12 ict= there going to find it hard

There's nothing like a little optimism  before a new season,  and this post is nothing like it.

Cheer up Reedee15, posts like these have a habit of coming back to haunt you

Hamilton will suffer initially from SPL shock then will start to grapple and grind.

Juanjo will sign for Hamilton if ICT don't step up to the plate and give him a game. :003:

Falkirk are going to do quite well under John Hughes. But he will stay at Falkirk. Mid table again.

St Mirren will struggle and could be relegation material.

ICT will struggle initially then come on to a game as their spirit rises to former levels. Will finish mid table.

Motherwell will start off flashy and then slide-down.

Hibs. Will continue their progress under Patelienen and will be contenders for 3rd place.

Dundee United will start off well again but will not make it to 3rd place. Could be over-achievers at this stage.

Celtic---what do you think? :003:

Rangers--better get way out in front early on or they will again not win the title. Could be 3rd?

Kilmarnock--canna say. Mid table but not dream topping.

Aberdeen-- topsy turvy team. Could be dismal but will probably come up the table and hold on closer to the top than mid table.

Hearts--last but not least. Vlad will continue to be bad. Managerial situation will remain Fraill.

They will try to perform heroics with a troubled squad and will not make it. Fans will start to desert them.

And, foreby, if there are major player changes  all of the above will be in the tank and it will be open season? :001:

and here is the vote from the Toronto jury ...... Rouyame-Uni - nil points ..... oops , sorry, wrong competition.

SPL 08/09

This will be our hardest in the SPL. Hamilton are no mugs but might struggle a bit finding their feet and possibly with depth of squad over the course of the season. I think Hibs, Well and Dundee Utd all have good managers who will improve their teams year-on-year. Hearts and Aberdeen, even in rough spells should have enough resources and players to secure a mid-table finish and Falkirk will also achieve mid-table. That leaves just ICT, Buddies, Hamilton and Killie to fight it out in the bottom 4. I am choosing ICT to be the best of the bottom four because I am biased !

01: Rangers - so close to everything this season. will win this next season

============

02: Celtic - will crumble like Rangers did this season, especially if they do well in CL or UC.

03: Dundee Utd - some managers can do it at certain clubs where others cant. CL has improved DUFC and will continue to.

04: Motherwell - replace the name CL with MM and the same applies to Well as to DUFC.

05: Hibernian - replace the name CL or MM with MP and the same applies to Hibs as to Well and DUFC

06: Hearts - Vlad will not allow such a lowly finish next year. Could surprise people and finish a lot higher/lower depending on him.

============

07: Aberdeen - a rebuilding job but still good enough to finish mid table.

08: Falkirk - What can I say, I think JH is a decent manager and Falkirk will trundle along to a respectable mid table finish.

09: ICT - 9th this season was a disappointment, next year it will be a relief if we dont fill the current holes in the squad

10: St Mirren - Denzil and Dargo will (hopefully) not click because of the ICT curse and that screws up Gus' plans !

11: Hamilton - will be hard but will stay up.

============

12: Kilmarnock - rumours of financial problems and administration, all is not well at Rugby Park

1 - Celtic - Have proven they can win the league without Nakamura. Plenty of depth to win 4 in a row

2 - Dundee Utd - Very good season and will improve for next year. Fantastic manager behind them.

3 - Rangers - They are playing the wrong system IMO and will be hungover from this seasons climax. A dodgy start will prove decisive.

4 - Motherwell - Mark McGee wil stay, yet European concentration will also cause poor league results at the start of the campaign.

5 - Hibs - Mixu has done wonders and will guarentee a top 6 finish

6 - ICT - I have faith that we will make the grade in our 5th SPL season. We've come close before

7 - Hearts - Too much control from Vlad for any manager to do anything with the team

8 - Aberdeen - I think they may well miss out, but have a good cup run?

9 - Falkirk - Forever going to be a mid-table team.

10 - St Mirren - ICT curse will kick in and they will just avoid relegation

11 - Hamilton - Will stay up (just) after a final day thriller against Rangers

12 - Kilmarnock - Not looking good for them TBH. Relgation for me.

3 - Rangers - They are playing the wrong system IMO and will be hungover from this seasons climax. A dodgy start will prove decisive.

11 - Hamilton - Will stay up (just) after a final day thriller against Rangers

not possible unless they finish top 6 or Rangers finish bottom 6  :004:

1. Rangers (on GD)

2. Celtic

3. Hibs

4. Dundee Utd

5. Motherwell

6. Aberdeen

7. Hearts

8. Falkirk

9. St. Mirren

10. Kilmarnock