FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

the sun newspaper

Feb82000

the sun would like to buy all my tulloch castle video of me and use it on there web site Exclusive Content

how much will i get for dont no how much they would  pay for it

may sell it for any thing from ?500 to ?1000

I'd love to work for the Sun. Maybe they'd give me a job writing the Dear Deirdre letters or maybe as one of these people in "Deirdre's Photo Casebook" who seem to spend their lives hanging about in bedrooms in their underwear.

Seriously, though, you have to hand it to the Sun... they have a totally accurate handle on the mentality of the "Sunreader"! They know exactly which buttons to press.

For instance when John Major squeaked home in the 1992 election, they ran (with some justification) this front page headline IT'S THE SUN WOT WON IT!

So if they phone you up wanting your prediction for a feature as to where ICT will finish next season, and offer you a billion quid for it, you'll tell them to f off?

Absolutely. Until an apology is issued for their paper on 19th April 1989  :33: :33: :33: :33: :33:

Precisely, Kingsmills... often in Tesco's cafe... along with the BBC-loving Daily Mail if you get my general drift. The Sun has a wonderful insight into the psychology of that ultimate British oxymoron The Sunreader and milks it to the full. Apart from Tesco's cafe, copies of The Sun are also very commonly found on the dashboards of the nation's White Vans which would not be complete without one.

I would also add that the Scottish Sun has one of the best writers in the business.. one Bill Leckie. Apart from Bill's football input he does a brilliant take on contemporary issues in the centre of the paper midweek. It is wonderfully incisive, excellently written, pulls no punches... and definitely pushes all the classic Sunreader buttons!

Bill Leckie is brillian, I look forward to his pieces both on football and not.  The same with Jeremy Clarkson.

I still continue to buy it as it is the best red top out there.

Maybe they'd give me a job writing the Dear Deirdre letters or maybe as one of these people in "Deirdre's Photo Casebook" who seem to spend their lives hanging about in bedrooms in their underwear.

If I had the physique of one of the guys in those series I would more than likely walk round town in my underwear not just the bedroom.

I would also add that the Scottish Sun has one of the best writers in the business.. one Bill Leckie.

no argument there.

What I like about Leckie is that he is a genuine football fan and that comes through loud and clear in his writing (and in his book) whether he is at Ibrox, or at Recreation Park, Parkhead or Palmerston. He is one of the few tabloid journalists who has more interest in the game at every level rather than just getting some prawn sandwiches and free booze down his neck at the "big" games.

Wish the piece was online, but my favourite article from him has to have been from a defeat !!!! It was the 4-3 game at Almondvale when Livi were 4-0 up on us in just 20 something odd minutes ..... This game featured that famous "glum gringos" photo and Leckie's commentary started something like "the cherry on top of the icing of an already scrumptious cake would have been a Caley Thistle equaliser". He went on to describe the game as a great advert for lower division football and sounded extremely passionate despite neither team being his beloved St Mirren. It was also ironic as the next day was the old firm derby where the ref (Dallas?) was hit by a coin and his piece describing all that was good in the game was up alongside several pieces showing the dark side ...

Wish the BBC or someone else would get him to blog somewhere about football in general. Would far rather read his take on the game than Chick's !!!

The gals on Page 3 seem to manage it among the bacon, egg and beans! By the way, does anyone know why The Sun seem to have a policy of not running a "conventional" Page 3 on a Saturday?

I'd imagine they see no real need for a conventional page 3 as there are likely to be chebs on every other page!

hi back from doing the castle may tell the sun to feck off as got some good video from the vigil with the grey ladies paranormal group unless they come up with the  money for copright then am just going to post them on my bebo site,took 221 photos see them on my bebo site soon