FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bring Back Campaign

Bring back Paul Ritchie as player/manager...and with his accountant skills he can certainly do a better job at handling finances in signing players and contracts :rotflmao:

Bring back Paul Ritchie as player/manager...and with his accountant skills he can certainly do a better job at handling finances in signing players and contracts :rotflmao:

As a player Ritchie is past it and as an accountant he'll probably be out of reach in the wages dept..

Could'nt take Paterson back either.. he'd blow the transfer budget on the gee gee's and the heathmount.

What transfer budget would that be? You need extra income streams such as cup runs to generate budgets. Abysmall performances lead to smaller crowds but overheads remain the same which means even less money.

Keep your personal attacks to yourself please and try to be objective.

Pele was and is the best tactician and man manager this club is likely to ever see. With the support and belief of everyone at Inverness he could "up the ante" as far as this club is concerned.

I'd love to see his style of free flowing attractive football at TCS again, can you remember when you went to TCS to see the beautiful game and win lose or draw you felt you'd been entertained?

I can but the memory is fading.

More chance of Sergei Baltacha coming back as there is Paterson.

Maybe you are a wee bit blinkered, but he jumped ship to go to Aberdeen, he was sacked for boozing on match days and poor perfomances, and now he's getting help for gambling addiction after admitting spending over a million quid-sorry wasting a million quid.

Its nothing personal - just FACT

More chance of Sergei Baltacha coming back as than there is Paterson.

Maybe you are a wee bit blinkered, but he jumped ship to go to Aberdeen, he was sacked for boozing on match days and poor perfomances, and now he's getting help for gambling addiction after admitting spending over a million quid-sorry wasting a million quid.

Its nothing personal - just FACT

Fact - he jumped ship to go to Aberdeen - He left to manage the team he supported as a boy, and to increase his income, which of us wouldn't do the same? (our next two managers did likewise) But he left behind a footballing team which played an attractive game as a team and took several scalps from higher league opposition and several of his signings still remain years later. The team he left made the next two managers look so good that they were both snapped up by SPL opposition. Robertson was unfortunate to lose out as Hearts were taken over but Brewster was exposed as inadequate in the managerial department at the Arabs and was soon discarded.

Steve Paterson has a lot to prove to many in the Scottish game including some on here and I would certainly love to see him return.

Could'nt take Paterson back either.. he'd blow the transfer budget on the gee gee's and the heathmount.

It appears that you are intimating that some of the money Pele blew on drink and gambling was not his own but from his employers, can't recall anything in the press about embezzlement but you appear to imply otherwise. Is this FACT too?

Read it again.... ' he'd blow ' not he blew...

Where he got the million to blow on the bookies i dont know or give a toss, i'm pretty sure he will never get behind the managers desk here again.

Where he got the million to blow on the bookies i dont know or give a toss, i'm pretty sure he will never get behind the managers desk here again.

Without wishing to start a debate can you please substantiate that comment, why are you pretty sure? Would it be ICT or Pele who would block it? And did you think Brewster would be back?

Maybe a crazy suggestion, but here goes.....

De-mote brewster to Fitness Coach. Charlie Christie as Manager with Barry Wilson as assistant.

Brew is clearly more focused on the fitness of the squad as apposed to performances on the park. From the goals scored by our front 3 (wood, barrowman and rooney) i dont see any evidence he has passed on his knowledge as a striker to these guys who clearly need guidence.

CC and BW have the heart of ICT in them, and the players respect for them is astonishing. You only have to see the support for CC to stay and the turn out for BW's testimonial events to find the proof.

Also....

Bobby Mann at the back with Munro beside him in the middle. Mann proved against the energetic liverpool side that he can read and control the game better than he ever has done. MacBain at left back - Hastings not having a good season IMO and macbain always seems to cover that area more than he performs in Midfield. Proctor on the right as he links well with the midfield and covers more ground getting back in position than Roscoe seems to these days.

Imrie, Black and Cowie as a middle trio, with Rooney and Niculae up front with Wyness just behind.

Mark Brown is out of his depth at celtic and would be a fantastic addition to our squad. Mikey Fraser has done OK, but is still a far cry from his best and not the same without REAL competition for the number 1 jersey.

Like I said, a crazy suggestion and one that would probably NEVER happen - but as a football fan, I can but only dream

Maybe a crazy suggestion, but here goes.....

De-mote brewster to Fitness Coach. Charlie Christie as Manager with Barry Wilson as assistant.

I would prefer to see him demoted to car park attendant, surely even for a man of his intelligence it wouldn't be too taxing on the brain. Then again....

Here is the pool I would choose from, not definitive, not all as Managers of course. Before January so they can spend Marius's millions....

Local/ICT/ICT-connected

Iain Stewart, Barry Wilson, Bobby Mann, John McGinley, Paul Ritchie, Paul Sheerin.

Possibles from lower divisions

Dave Baikie - East Fife

Gordon Chisolm-QoS

Michael O' Neill - Brechin

Derek McIness - St Johnstone

David Cormie - Inverurie Locos

Wildcards

Darren Ferguson - Peterborough

Maurice Malpas - Swindon

Paul Lambert - Colchester

Colin Calderwood - N Forest

Dean Saunders - Wrexham

Keith Hill - Rochdale

Gary Waddock-Aldershot

Without wishing to start a debate can you please substantiate that comment, why are you pretty sure? Would it be ICT or Pele who would block it? And did you think Brewster would be back?

Far too much of a risk do you not think, he has got big baggage and has never proved himself at SPL level, Robbo took the team added a couple of players who made a difference and got us up there, so we will never know if Pele would have achieved it.

Brewsters return was known long before CC resigned.