FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

TODAYS ATTENDANCE

Wilsononourwing

Todays attendance was 7056 compared with an attendance of 7753 for the same fixture last season in January. Now that is nearly a 10% decrease.

Now if you take the lowest price ticket this equates to a loss of ?7318.50 in ticket revenue. If you take the highest price ticket this equates to a loss of ?16379.50 in ticket revenue. However if we take the ave ticket price this would equal a loss in ticket revenue of ?11849.

Surely the board must sit up now and listen, surely there is no company out there at the moment that could sustain losses such as these.

I also feel today there were more Rangers supporters than usual in our end.

Edited by ITSAGOALCRAIGDARGO

Looking on the TV the wings of the Main Stand were very bare and sections of the North Stand B or C perhaps were sparse also.

Sections within the North Stand were sparse indeed. I moved twice due to the number of Rangers fans around me - in games gone by moving would have being impossible

We are 5067 down on total attendance from this time last year when we had also played each team once.

Our average attendance (all teams) is 4399 - down from 4752

Our average attendance (excluding OF) is 3799 - down from 4239

We are 5067 down on total attendance from this time last year when we had also played each team once.

Our average attendance (all teams) is 4399 - down from 4752

Our average attendance (excluding OF) is 3799 - down from 4239

Quite worrying. Obviously it is difficult to pinpoint a definitive reason for this as there could be many variables at play here ie the current economic climate, high ticket prices and the fans discontent.

However I do not think you can rule out the fans discontent as a major factor.

Guest birdog

Put it this way I used to look at the fixture list way in advance so that I could see which matches I would be going to when I got my leave. I talk to my son on the phone whilst I am on ship the first question he asks is "is Brewster gone yet?" when I reply "no" what used to be a half hour discussion about football has turned into just the one question relating to ICT then 10 to 15 minutes of discussing the weather and his mates. I just don't think I can be ersed with the whole ICT thing any more. I believe this is why attendances are dropping through the floor.

TBH I think what has kept my interest recently is seeing the passion some people on this forum have for the club, seeing new posters coming here to vent their frustrations and discuss our plight. It's great to know that we are not alone and that there are people out there with the passion and fight to try to do something about it but I can't see the interest staying for too much longer whilst we have a certain person in office at TCS.

I watched the game on tv and have to say it was one of the worst atmospheres ever . from the opening whistle all I heard was the rankers fans singing , it wasn't until the 2nd half til I heard the ICT schoolboy choir give a quick chant .

What happened to the anti Brewster chants and banners folk have been banging on about on here ?

In revenue terms we are probably over ?100,000 down on last season already.

Ihave to confess that I am one of the culprits as I have not been to to a home game now for some time and don't intent to again until we have a new manager.

As a matter of fact myself and my family will be attending a Scottish Cup game on Saturday but it will be Inverurie Locos v Motherwell rather than the battle of the Jags.