FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Hamilton

Renegade

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would have liked to put our new Lativan midfielder in but i am not sure if he will have signed by then

Is this the one who has - according to another thread - been told he isnt getting a contract - along with Ryan Harper ?

source: second last paragraph - http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.a...022502?UserKey=

Morais lasted the pace surprisingly well on Saturday but apart from that he's not played even for the reserves for two months.

Given that the Hamilton game is likely to be played at a much brisker pace I would be inclined to put him on for the last half hour or so.

It's not that. The lefts and rights are opposite, i.e. a team lines up 4-4-2 something like:

----------GK-----------

RB---CD-----CD---LB

RM---CM----CM---LM

-------S-------S------

You had it as a mirror image. It's actually written from the goalkeeper's perspective as opposed to how it's written down, so Hastings is normally LB and Tokely RB.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

Esson

Tokely Mihadjuks Munro Hastings

Duncan

McBain Cowie Vigurs

Morais

Rooney

subs : Fraser, Duff, Wood, McGuire, Gathuesi, Barrowman, Imrie

No Black as I think he may be gone by then :thumb04: Thats why he didn't play yesterday probably, to stop being cup tied

Oh no it wasn't, and no he wont be away, but I think you maybe right, he wont be playing.

-------------------------------------Esson----------------------------------------

-----Tokely----------Mihadjuks------------------Munro----------Hastings-----

------------------------Duncan--------------------Black-------------------------

McBain------------------------------Morais-----------------------Vigurs---------

-------------------------------------Rooney--------------------------------------

Black has to stay for the most important game of the season. Vigurs on the left and McBain on the right where they did so well against Rangers (easy to swap around the attacking three if need be, i.e., Morais on the right/McBain or Vigurs on the left and centre as needs). Also easy to swap around where Morais is up front in a 4-4-2. Cowie dropped. Maybe coming off the bench will inspire him.

Wont happen, still be here but I can bet NOT playing.

We didn't play well on Saturday, we played Partick!!!

:rotflmao:

Exactly,

I think Mike had a couple of "loose" games before he found himself replaced by Esson, and so far Esson hasn't done anything which immediately springs to mind to justify him losing his place to Fraser again.

As I've said elsewhere, I think we're fortune to have 2 very capable keepers, and Fraser will get his chance again. When he does, it's then up to him to make sure he keeps Esson out.

-------------------------------------Esson----------------------------------------

------------------------Duncan--------------------Black-------------------------

McBain------------------------------Morais-----------------------Vigurs---------

-------------------------------------Rooney--------------------------------------

IF black stays i agree with this team

yeah, wouldnt have too much of a problem with that either.

yeah, wouldnt have too much of a problem with that either.

Yes! What do I win? :rotflmao: Nothing? :thumb04:

For me, Black is essential. Doesn't matter if Hearts want to sign him or he mouths back at Brew. This one game can make or break us. He can sign on Sunday or be dropped for arguing straight after but not for this game. The money we'd get for staying up dwarfs any small transfer fee. It's way too important a match to think short-term.

I would love to see Rooney start up front with Morais playing behind him - they both seem to have a good football brain ie, where to run and put the ball etc. Somehow I dont think he will be given that chance and I fear he will be off to somewhere else before long. Hopefully Im wrong

Anyway I hope the lads go out on Saturday and get a good win

This is a must win game for ICT, so the strongest line-up is required:

-----Tokely----------Mihadjuks------------------Munro----------Hastings----------

-----Morais--------------------------Black*-----------------------Imrie------------

----------------------Cowie---------------------Vigurs----------------------------

* - If Black has left at this point, stick Duncan in his position. If this happens, Gatheussi is put on the bench.

Subs: Fraser, Proctor, Wood, Duff, Zander, Barrowman, Duncan

I'd take that. Maybe swapping Imrie for Vigurs to give more cover to the left full back postion. Or bring in McBAin for Imrie and leave Vigurs where is.

Black has to stay for the most important game of the season. Vigurs on the left and McBain on the right where they did so well against Rangers (easy to swap around the attacking three if need be, i.e., Morais on the right/McBain or Vigurs on the left and centre as needs). Also easy to swap around where Morais is up front in a 4-4-2. Cowie dropped. Maybe coming off the bench will inspire him.

i highly doubt we,ll see black in a ict jersey again,hes just biding his time until they sort out a deal with hearts,also dont reckon cowie will play more thna 1-2 more games

I think Cowie has to start if available. In this formation wide right and stick McBain in where Duncan is perhaps.

It is interesting the amount of people going with 1 up front, But with the right amount of supporting players it could be made a very attacking formation.

Spit it out Gillian.

Black and Imrie were both apparently fined recently for "talking back" in training and this may have been (part of) the reason they were AWOL on Saturday.

Cant, but oh I would love too, what do you know about talking back and fined???????

Seems fairly common knowledge Gillian.,although I heard it was on Monday, so it couldn't have been the reason for being out on Saturday, I was happy enough with the cup tied excuse. I hope we can hang on to Blackie until the Summer, but there's little point in paying a wage if we are not going to play him. I suspect his comments to the manager won't have helped his case to be in the starting line up on Saturday, probably the same for Imrie. However the fact that they were apparently disciplined this should be the end of it and they should be available for selection. As I said if we're not going to play Blackie we should just let him go for a nominal amount and save a wage.

Okay back on topic.

Not sure about goals, but I think Ikey might just be getting the cup games. I thought he did really well on Saturday but I suspect Esson could start on Saturday.

Esson

Rossco Pavels Grant Hastings

McBain Duncan Cowie Vigurs

Morais

Rooney

Edited by L_G

Esson

Tokely, Mihadjuks, Munro, Hastings

Morais, Cowie, Black, McBain

Barrowman, Vigurs

subs. Fraser, Byrne, Duff, Gathuessi, Zander, Rooney, Wood

This team will never get played unfortunately because Brewster persists with Duncan who for me is such a burden to our midfield.