FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Manager Odds (merged)

Guest Nocko

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson and Pressley. Robbo as striker coach.

Seriously though. One who hasn't been mooted at all but who knows all the players and has done an excellent job with the youths. Alec Clelland

i mentioned clelland at work the other day,maybe assistant but definetly not manager

Butcher seems to be backing away from the position with comments in today's press about not having applied and not having been approached before going on to say it would need to be the right offer to tempt him away from his current media and Scotland jobs.

Seriously though. One who hasn't been mooted at all but who knows all the players and has done an excellent job with the youths. Alec Clelland

That's not a bad shout and it would probably be one of the cheapest options - I suspect it could appeal to the board enormously!

Until reading the U19 thread I had forgotten all about Alec Cleland (ex pro - North and South of the border with good coaching experience at Livi and ICT) - could he be given the job until the end of season with CC and A N OTHER in a support role....?

Alex - I had a similar thought but now thinking about it more I can only see him getting a first team role under whoever comes in....but is someone from the inside with the right credentials....one for the future....

All subject to change I assume

Probably different by the time shops open 2moro

From Willie Hills

Next Inverness Manager

John Robertson 11/8

Derek McInnes 9/2

Neale Cooper 9/2

Steven Pressley 6/1

Duncan Shearer 10/1

Jim Duffy 10/1

Barry Wilson 12/1

Derek Adams 12/1

Donald Park 12/1

Ally McCoist 14/1

Steve Paterson 16/1

Craig Brown 25/1

Terry Butcher 25/1

This is what the 9/2 shot had to say after his team's 1-0 defeat to Queens Park last night - a spade is a spade in his book - none of this we played well and were unlucky for wee Neale.... :rotflmao:

"That was utter garbage tonight."

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

id be happy with terry butcher, we mite get a few ict player playing for scotland, and bazza and robbo as his coaching staff :rotflmao:

Edited by CaleyJAGGIE

Graham Roberts :rotflmao:

My thoughts exactly!

Do newspapers use a random manager's name generator when writing these articles?

It's bad enough having a rubbish manager and then the scare the bejesus out of you with some truly frightening candidates

Butcher seems to be backing away from the position with comments in today's press about not having applied and not having been approached before going on to say it would need to be the right offer to tempt him away from his current media and Scotland jobs.

Not if you read this one!

From the Horses Mouth

Yeah... The Express article is probably more believable than the Record's...

I do love this quote from the Record article all the same :

Inverness first-team coach John Docherty, who is in charge until a permanent appointment is made, yesterday insisted it was business as usual at the club

He said: "The players were disappointed to see Craig leave but know they have to get working and look to the next game. I believe this squad is capable of getting the club off the foot of the table and up the division."

Edited by Johnboy

Yeah... The Express article is probably more believable than the Record's...

I do love this quote from the Record article all the same :

Inverness first-team coach John Docherty, who is in charge until a permanent appointment is made, yesterday insisted it was business as usual at the club

He said: "The players were disappointed to see Craig leave but know they have to get working and look to the next game. I believe this squad is capable of getting the club off the foot of the table and up the division."

Aye... really sad and disappointed....

football-team_~IS960-008.jpg

Not if you read this one!

From the Horses Mouth

The Caley Thistle fans, via an on-line poll, have made it clear they would like to see John Robertson to take the job alongside club legend Barry Wilson. :rotflmao:

Express

Butcher said: ?You never say never in football sometimes :rotflmao: and we will have to see, but as far as I am concerned it is all just speculation.

?I have not applied for the job and I will not be applying for the position and I have not heard anything from Caley Thistle.

?If somebody wants to come and talk to me then fair enough but I am not chasing a job, ?I am working in television and with the SFA as assistant manager to George Burley.

?Until the position changes, I am very happy to do those two jobs.