FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher's Mafia

Guest Murdock

Guest Murdock

When I was getting the bus to work this morning I read a story in the Metro about Butcher having a session with the senior players (he he refers to as his mafia) in the team and how they will be mentoring the younger guys. I wish I had kept it but thought I would be able to find the article online (alas the metro website only seems to have EPL stories).

Butcher mentioned how happy he was with the players but it was the final comment that I liked most. He basically said that they were getting the craic and did not want the training session to end.

That is exactly what we need in the team at the moment.

Does anyone have a copy of the article? If so any chance you could type up a few of the comments?

edited to add in the bit about the mafia or the thread title wouldn't make sense

Edited by Murdock

It's in the paper copy of the Inverness Courier today.

A lovely little comment amongst it, referring to his senior players 'Mafia', was :-

"I don't really want to see horses heads in players beds or anything like that, but I want them to take control because you are only as good as your senior players. "If your senior players are weak then the club will struggle as a whole, but they, like everyone else since I've come here, have responded positively"

sorted Terry................well it scared me anyway.

Av liked the way TB is with the media. He is very honest and calls it as he sees it. I recall some seasons ago...we went to Motherwell and beat em soundly. He went on to heap praise us in the after match interview. So refreshing to hear a manager aknowledge the oppositions part in the game, rather than blame it on his own teams shortcomings

This guy is a solo PR on wheels !! Am I rite in pointing out that he is alluding to a lot of what we have been saying fer months.

:shudder: .... Immortal Howden Ender ....... you are right !!! :rotflmao:

every interview with the man seems to be putting a smile on my face .... I liked his straight talking at Motherwell and in the last three days he has certainly talked a magnificent game. I know talk doesnt win games but it sounds like he is trying to raise everyone's spirits, from the staff, to the players, and certainly to the fans. He has acknowledged the fans role, the fact they deserve to see good performances, that he wants ICT to be hard to get points from again. He has talked of giving the senior players more responsibility (instead of the previous regime's ideas of shipping them out), of getting the "craic", and of standing by the three players who have signed PCAs (despite his previous comments as a pundit) ..... He has single handedly raised our PR quality by an infinite amount (not difficult when it was at zero) .......

Terry, you will do for me ! Welcome aboard HMS Sneck Admiral Butcher.

He handles the media very well, listened to his press conference when he signed and he was really good i thought.

I like what he's doing so far and he appears to be motivating the players and hopefully it will bring some results(hopefully on Sunday).

Sunday will tell the real story, lets see how this PR guru handles his first defeat.

Have listened to plenty of his interviews when he was at Motherwell and he alsways seems to come across as a straight talker .... If something was ***** he says so ....... at least we will have no more of this "beaten by a world class goal" every week (at least I hope not .... unless it was a world class goal)

Scotty is right and word from the players is that there is a heck of a lot of substance behind the good soundbites ... coaching is like a breath of fresh air. Much more detailed and than anything they've had under Brew. They actually know their roles, their shape and how the rest of their team-mates will play

Maybe he is trying a little kidology to get something out of this bunch of misfiring duds, sounds better than an ultimatum of shape up or ship out.

Sunday will tell the real story, lets see how this PR guru handles his first defeat.

I know where you are coming from - but it is the Board of Muppets and Brewster that we should be decrying - You have to accept that we will be lucky to take anything out of the Cellic game - a point would be a massive bonus. Butcher cant sort out the mess made by the Board of muppets and Brewster in a feckin week - especially if one of the Muppets is advising him. It is not his fault that he has been landed in the doo doo - we simply have to give a chance - the proof will be the change in the system, the change in the selections - no doubt a million miles away from what Brewster and the Muppets favoured.

Hopefully Butcher can change the mind set on and off the pitch. All we can hope fer on Saturday is a display of passion and effort - till the death - and that may be just about enuff to scare the pants of the Cellic.

Scotty - I TOLD YA SO - since April 2008. :rotflmao:

Maybe he is trying a little kidology to get something out of this bunch of misfiring duds, sounds better than an ultimatum of shape up or ship out.

I know where you are coming from - but it is the Board of Muppets and Brewster that we should be decrying - You have to accept that we will be lucky to take anything out of the Cellic game - a point would be a massive bonus. Butcher cant sort out the mess made by the Board of muppets and Brewster in a feckin week - especially if one of the Muppets is advising him. It is not his fault that he has been landed in the doo doo - we simply have to give a chance - the proof will be the change in the system, the change in the selections - no doubt a million miles away from what Brewster and the Muppets favoured.

Hopefully Butcher can change the mind set on and off the pitch. All we can hope fer on Saturday is a display of passion and effort - till the death - and that may be just about enuff to scare the pants of the Cellic.

Scotty - I TOLD YA SO - since April 2008. :rotflmao:

Yep, the bigest problem is time, if we had made the change of management when it should have happened I am sure we wouldnt be in the position we are in now. The biggest thing we can look for on Sunday is a change in attitude of the team which I have heard is already there, playing players in the correct position and in the correct system. He will play 4-4-2 on Sunday.

I just hope we havent left it to late

C'mon now Stevie. The sites been full of positive vibes over the last few days. The training field's been full of positive vibes. Get with it mun. Top of the bottom half coming up.

Alex, I have been fully positive myself and all that I have heard from the stadium is positive, still just a touch worried I suppose. But yes I do think we can do it

C'mon now Stevie. The sites been full of positive vibes over the last few days. The training field's been full of positive vibes. Get with it mun. Top of the bottom half coming up.

Lots of positive vibes Alex - and about time too - but what if Brewster had pinched a win at Hamilton ? - lest you not forget this is not all about Craig Brewster.

This guy is a solo PR on wheels !! Am I rite in pointing out that he is alluding to a lot of what we have been saying fer months.

:shudder: .... Immortal Howden Ender ....... you are right !!! :rotflmao:

every interview with the man seems to be putting a smile on my face .... I liked his straight talking at Motherwell and in the last three days he has certainly talked a magnificent game. I know talk doesnt win games but it sounds like he is trying to raise everyone's spirits, from the staff, to the players, and certainly to the fans. He has acknowledged the fans role, the fact they deserve to see good performances, that he wants ICT to be hard to get points from again. He has talked of giving the senior players more responsibility (instead of the previous regime's ideas of shipping them out), of getting the "craic", and of standing by the three players who have signed PCAs (despite his previous comments as a pundit) ..... He has single handedly raised our PR quality by an infinite amount (not difficult when it was at zero) .......

Terry, you will do for me ! Welcome aboard HMS Sneck Admiral Butcher.

Admittedly I was a bit dubious about Butchers' appointment however having watched and listened to his interviews I have been more than impressed with him. What a difference to listen to someone who is knowledgable, articulate and inspiring.

If we somehow lose our SPL status - I know now we won't give it up without a fight!

Welcome aboard Butcher.

O.K> Now it is time to stop referring to Brewster and just leave him alone !

He has gone and good luck to him wherever he lands up.

Let's now turn our mind permanently in the positive direction of the very shrewd and determined upbeat Butcher. The thing that took my fancy in the past was the rereshing honesy of the mmmmmman.

I think he is about to turn mince into Grade "A" Canadian cuts from Alberta.I will steak my life on it.

So, Stevico, stay with the pack and don't join the waywardness of Acharacleoracle who will only end up falling into one of his salmon farms in Acharacle. And these salmon are detrimental to the environment since they attract sea lice like flies to rotten eggs. And infect the homecoming salmon and more importantly , the flight to the sea by the newly hatched youngsters ....aaargh...

O.K> Now it is time to stop referring to Brewster and just leave him alone !

He has gone and good luck to him wherever he lands up.

Let's now turn our mind permanently in the positive direction of the very shrewd and determined upbeat Butcher. The thing that took my fancy in the past was the rereshing honesy of the mmmmmman.

I think he is about to turn mince into Grade "A" Canadian cuts from Alberta.I will steak my life on it.

So, Stevico, stay with the pack and don't join the waywardness of Acharacleoracle who will only end up falling into one of his salmon farms in Acharacle. And these salmon are detrimental to the environment since they attract sea lice like flies to rotten eggs. And infect the homecoming salmon and more importantly , the flight to the sea by the newly hatched youngsters ....aaargh...

Scarlet, I have been behind Butcher since the minute he was appointeted, I have spoke to players who have only had positive things to say about him since he has arrived, although its not going to be easy I do think we can stay up. I think his interviews have been a breath of fresh air. I know we havent played a game under his stewardship as yet but so far I am very encouraged by Butcher.

The only thing I said was that I am still slightly worried that we left the change to late.

I agree with Alex.... Top of the bottom half could be a realistic target...

That Black, Cowie and Fraser have pledged to commit themselves to the cause really augers well for us...

Under Brewster these guys would never have been in the frame.

Our season starts tomorrow... :rotflmao:

Edited by Johnboy