FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Odhiambo

Scarlet Pimple

In the few moments of time that he was on the park he showed definite determination and skill.

He could get a first team berth if he really gets stuck in and shows consistent pace and drive.

Interesting prospect . Good luck to him and ICT now.

More of a squad player methinks - very raw but has pace - will be interesting to see him in the reserves - I have just txtd Tel and suggested that he should start up front in midweek.

I'll be honest....when Odhiambo came on and I saw his first couple of touches I thought he might have been a bit lazy and scared, but it didn't take long for me to realise I was mistaken and the signals were those of being relaxed and composed.

What he will do is give us options up front. So far this season we've been relying on 3 guys who could all have come from the same mould, now we've added a forward who's a little smaller, but has a touch of pace and could prove tricky to deal with if utilised correctly.

Do what we did today and bring him on against tired legs to work with someone like Rooney/Wood (work horses) or Vigurs (intelligent balls he can latch on to) and I'd hope to see the best of him. Play him along with Barrowman and I fear we'd be wasting our time.

His nickname is Butch the folk on here got him muddled up with Terry " EL Tel " Venables and its stuck with some .

So why does he put Tel at the end of his txts ? :rotflmao:

When he texts me he signs off Big Tel!

Terry Butcher and Diego Maradona keep it tame

Nov 20 2008

YOU put your left hand in and you shake it all about, you do the hokey-cokey and you score a goal, that's what it's all about, ohhh Diego Maradona!

Big Gerry who works down the JobCentre told me to kick off like this. He's a colonel in the Tartan Army and according to him it's the footsoldiers' version of the Hokey-Cokey.

Anyhow, it seemed appropriate since Diego's in town and everyone was talking about "La Mano de Dios".

Ithought it prudent to write that in Spanish so Terry Butcher wouldn't twig I was referring to "The hand of God".

Apparently big Tel has barely slept a wink since that June day in the Stadio Azteca 22 years ago when Maradona and God were in cahoots in the quarter-finals of the World Cup. Worth mentioning since in one technical area at Hampden you had the little Argentine who once upon a time had the audacity to cheat the English and in the other you had a large Englishman bearing a festering grudge.

The football was incidental, for potentially this was the stuff of docudrama and it's why viewers from 150 nations were glued to their TVs.

Would Butcher skelp Maradona before pulling out the nails of every finger of that infamous left hand with a pair of rusty pliers? Or would he finally bury the hatchet, literally or otherwise!

Juicy drama to drool over, that's what we wanted, but what we Scots got was a boot in the scraggy sporran after eight minutes when Maxi Rodriguez scored with training-ground ease.

Still, I was relatively unperturbed since we had Chris Iwelumo up front, so I reckoned the Argentine defence had better watch out!

Unfortunately the Prince of predators got hooked at half time.

Altogether now, "ohhh Diego Maradona", catchy, intit!

As for Barroman--do you really feel that he has the capability to make a difference at ICT. ?

Seems to be a lanme duck at the moment. Has height but (seems) to chicken out of going for the high balls, runs around but does not seem to create any real danger. Maybe once today he came close but where is the flait \r and gutsy determination.

Hate to put any player down a but ICT must now make hard choices.

Comment please? :rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

great pace. look as if he had a real hunger to win the ball when it was put forward. looks like terry has good young player

Liked what I saw, fast feet, not scared to shoot, a good acquisition IMHO.

He had one peach of a chance to volley from the 18 yard line and become an instant ICT legend but took a touch and it was gone.

That touch, confidence, composure, lack of class, call it what you want, has been an ingredient we have sorely missed this season. The forwards, time after time, have been the weak link. Wonder what these youngsters would've been like if they'd worked under a manager that was a ... er ... emmm ... top class ... er... striker in his day.

:rotflmao:

VERY impressed with the little we saw of him yesterday. Blimey , how exciting is it to be a Caley Jaggie just now? So many great games to look forward to. Bring on Killie.

On a sad note - how much are we going to miss Blackie? He gives his all. Wasn't bothered about Cowie going or Mikey Fraser but wee Blackie will be a BIG loss. :rotflmao:

His nickname is Butch the folk on here got him muddled up with Terry " EL Tel " Venables and its stuck with some .

So why does he put Tel at the end of his txts ? :rotflmao:

When he texts me he signs off Big Tel!

Terry Butcher and Diego Maradona keep it tame

Nov 20 2008

YOU put your left hand in and you shake it all about, you do the hokey-cokey and you score a goal, that's what it's all about, ohhh Diego Maradona!

Big Gerry who works down the JobCentre told me to kick off like this. He's a colonel in the Tartan Army and according to him it's the footsoldiers' version of the Hokey-Cokey.

As a fully paid up member of the" Tartan Army" I can confirm the song goes :-

You put your left hand in,

Your left hand out,

In out in out and shake it all about,

You do the Maradona and you score a goal,

He put the English OUT OUT OUT.

Oh Diego Maradona.....etc

There are a few other verses involving other names, like Thomas Brolin.