FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Ferguson And Allan Mcgregor

Guest 19thNovember2003

Guest 19thNovember2003

Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor dropped from Scotland team to face Iceland for heavily drinking after Netherlands game.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way they both played, using the word loosely, I thought they were both drinking before the game.

Macgregor was culpable for two of the goals, rooted to his line, and Ferguson was..........well, was he playing?

Scotland are a better team without Ferguson, grossly overrated, and always underperforms when playing for his country.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Wonder what the starting line up is going to look like?

Something like this i think:

Gordon

Hutton Caldwell McManus Naysmith

Brown D.Fletcher Teale Morrison

McCormack

Miller

Thats McGregor thrown his "big chance" out the window. And Barry Ferguson is meant to be Scotland captain. Really good example set....idiots.

Gordon and Caldwell i reckon in for them. Berra and McManus at the back.

Edited by ajsict92

Not my line-up but I expect:

Gordon

McCormack Fletcher Brown Morrison

Iwulemo Miller

Mine would be:

Gordon

Burke D.Fletcher Brown Morrison

Clarkson McCormack

Clarkson scored last time out, hence he's in instead of Miller or S. Fletcher. Also, the front two have played regularly together, which is also the reason I'd bring back McManus. Burke brought in to add a touch of width in the light of Teale not being up to it and Kommons injured. I'd also draft Riordan, McArthur and Black in to the subs bench.

Rumours are suggesting that the whole team enjoyed a beer or two after the game but the Hun brothers decided to wait until folk were coming down for breakfast before ending their session. Shear stupidity and contempt for punters from MacGregor but perhaps a request to be kicked out and have his international career ended (when did it start some may ask?)by Ferguson.

Perhaps Paul Le Guen was right about the culture at Ibrox after all.

Edited by Sorted

Apparently they made an apology, so it's not an attempt to get out of the squad. Probably a fairly innocent answer: disappointment and anger at the Holland result. Not the right way to get it out but it seems the way it happened at Rangers, including their most successful run.

Today (Thursday) Burley has stated that Ferguson is still a squad player and will still have the captains band!!

What the potential loss of ticket sales to the Rangers faithful will do.

If he played for other than an OF team his feet would not have touched the ground, he would have been out the door so quickly!

Don't see Barry Ferguson playing for Scotland ever again. He's 31 now and his alleged better days seem well and truely past him. Most pundits seem to think the Holland humping was his last game. Brown and Fletcher showed what a decent centre midfield they could be last night.

With regards to McGregor i really don't care. After lasnt nights performance it is clear that Craig Gordon should still be Scotland's number 1.

Edited by ajsict92

The whole squad would probably have been having one or two beers but had a curfew to be in their rooms by, but Ferguson and McGregor stayed in the bar welllll beyond this apparently.

Gordon clearly won't be dropped anytime in the near future, as for Ferguson.. Well time will tell.

The whole squad would probably have been having one or two beers but had a curfew to be in their rooms by, but Ferguson and McGregor stayed in the bar welllll beyond this apparently.

Gordon clearly won't be dropped anytime in the near future, as for Ferguson.. Well time will tell.

Seems quite a few involved but Burleys looking like getting egg on his face for trusting a bunch of overinflated ego's to behave like professionals,the last line of the article sums it up for me

Scots team drink spree

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Hopefully ferguson will get dropped and kevin thomson will take his place. He's in line to be the next captain at rangers anyway