FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Anyone Else Excited?

Queen Beastie

For all sorts of reasons I'd much rather still be in the SPL. For those of us of a certain age who spent decades watching teams of milkmen, posties and cival servants giving their all in the Highland League with only occasional forays into the early rounds of the Scottish cup or the odd friendly againt Old Firm XIs to leven the fare seeing the top players in the land playing in Inverness seemed like a fantacy even after 5 full seasons.I, for one, never thought I would see the like in my liftime.

I can't wait for these times to come again. In the meantime, it is a consolation to start a fresh league season with some actual prospect of actually winning the competition.

For all sorts of reasons I'd much rather still be in the SPL. For those of us of a certain age who spent decades watching teams of milkmen, posties and cival servants giving their all in the Highland League with only occasional forays into the early rounds of the Scottish cup or the odd friendly againt Old Firm XIs to leven the fare seeing the top players in the land playing in Inverness seemed like a fantacy even after 5 full seasons.I, for one, never thought I would see the like in my liftime.

I can't wait for these times to come again. In the meantime, it is a consolation to start a fresh league season with some actual prospect of actually winning the competition.

come on ma old jeggie mate - The muppets and Brewster have put us on the edge of non SPL inclusion EVER - They have tried to save themselves with the Butcher move and it has misfired.

come on ma old jeggie mate - The muppets and Brewster have put us on the edge of non SPL inclusion EVER - They have tried to save themselves with the Butcher move and it has misfired.

I fear you could well be right IHE. What happens in the course of the next two or three weeks could shape the club's future for years to come.

I fear we could be watching 1st division football for a few seasons to come .

I agree with you there. It's a tough division to get out of and I think we'll be there for a while. I hope I'm wrong.

I agree with you there. It's a tough division to get out of and I think we'll be there for a while. I hope I'm wrong.

With out a doubt. Look how many teams were fighting near the end of it to finish top and there was alot of goals aswel :blink:

I for one will find it much better to be in a league were every team has a chance to win.

From North America the SPL looks retarded , the real winner of the competion this year were Hearts.

When was the last time a team from outside Glasgow won?

With out a doubt. Look how many teams were fighting near the end of it to finish top and there was alot of goals aswel :lol:

Our defense, whom all of apart from Pavels I expect to stay, will be the best in division 1. If Barrowload can do what he's supposed to, I reckon we will be challengers straight away next season.

With out a doubt. Look how many teams were fighting near the end of it to finish top and there was alot of goals aswel :(

Our defense, whom all of apart from Pavels I expect to stay, will be the best in division 1. If Barrowload can do what he's supposed to, I reckon we will be challengers straight away next season.

Pavels will prob go but i still think we have the best defence in the 1st division and we have height at the back aswel

I'm looking forward to it because I beleve we have every chance a good finish, in the SPL we never really stood much if any chance of winning the SPL our goal was to finish in the top six.... Woopee do :024: and in cup games we were up agenst it, now we are Div 1 we have about as much chance as anyone else to win the Div 1 Champs and in the cup games the OF and the likes are more likely going to field a slightly weaker team in the first few rounds, i see us having a couple of good cup runs this year and forecast we will have some top SPL teams at home too (OF, The Dons, Hearts and the likes, maybe even the diddys like them St Mtits).............

Edited by georgeios

Now that the depression has waned and the foresight is becoming unblurred I see a lot of positives. We can be cup giant killers again. We have a great chance of balancing up the trophy cabinet with another championship cup and we can fly a brand new flag above our stadium come next May. We can visit grounds we've missed for a few years and renew old aquaintances. And remember:

The Only Way is Up

Guest WynessLegend

All depends on whether we can boot out the incompetent feckin muppets who put us there in the first place.

The one constant on this site is your boring repetitive drivel.

Thank you for that.

It's strangely reassuring.

Guest WynessLegend

Yes, I am excited.

Back in the Scottish Football League!

Once more every new season brings hope.

The SPL was nice - and I'll enjoy it again when we're back up

but this is where the real football is played.