FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What Can We Do?

CaleyD

Thought I would start a thread for people to put forward constructive ideas for things we can be doing as fans in order to smooth the transition between SPL and SFL and also to give the club every possible chance of realising the target of bouncing straight back.

I'm not interested in finger pointing and the blame game, nor am I interested in people knocking other people's ideas and getting into personal/petty squabbles. There's other threads where you can get involved in that kind of chat.

There's the obvious stuff like continuing our support where we can by buying season tickets, sponsoring players, buying the new shirt when it gets released etc. These things will put money in the pocket of the club.....but what else can be done?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can people still get bricks on the wall of fame?

I believe there's still spaces.

Reduced prices for hospitality i think could be very popular.

Think it's a given that prices will reduce as a result of us being in a lower league, but perhaps looking at operating things differently to cater to a larger audience would help swell numbers.

Cars parking in the Car Park. Spare two pound instead of parking in the hotels etc.

Edited by caleymad

Just wondering what the broadcast rights are in the SFL?

For those of us a wee bit further away, and to keep the diaspora engaged, it might be useful to have access to online commentary for home games at least. I'm sure you could do a 'David Begg' CaleyD!

TCS has proved already that it can host live music concerts. If the club could get something like that they would surely rake in some income.

Player sponsership, why not reserve 1 player for sponsership by kids only, could work something like;

Having 50-100 kids all pay ?10-?20 each in return have their picture in the club program with the player concerned along with all the names of those who have taken sponsorship, recieve 1 or 2 free matchday tickets through the season or maybe be entered into a raffle for every home game for a free ticket for themselves or family members, walk around the pitch at half time, or maybe all be entered into a raffle perhaps to be a mascot or special guest of the club/player. Another raffle prize could be to have the player concerned visit the winners school for assembly.

Numbers and money may vary from above, and different ideals could be used around the same format, but it would be a way of generating interest from local kids and maybe other family members who may not usually come to games.

I also think the club should use relegation as a positive not negative(OK sounds mad I know) but thinking along the siege mentality thing here, make this a new beginning for ICT lets get behind our club show the rest that we our passionate even in defeat and that we will rise again etc.

Yes....but what can WE do as fans.

I think offering the suggestions as shown, are all things WE are doing.

Maybe if they throw up an idea that will make money for the club/ increase support/ improve enjoyment of the day - this can all add to the coffers of the club and maybe the fun for the fans, young and old.

Yes....but what can WE do as fans.

Make the players feel wanted? If they come on here and get the impression that the fans hate them then they are less likely to stay.

Get them signed up and THEN start the slagging!

Does anyone know the price of this!?

SPL price ?80ish

The biggest and most effective thing the fans can do is put whats gone behind and keep supporting. I know I will and that will probably include player sponsorship.

Player sponsership, why not reserve 1 player for sponsership by kids only, could work something like;

Having 50-100 kids all pay ?10-?20 each in return have their picture in the club program with the player concerned along with all the names of those who have taken sponsorship, recieve 1 or 2 free matchday tickets through the season or maybe be entered into a raffle for every home game for a free ticket for themselves or family members, walk around the pitch at half time, or maybe all be entered into a raffle perhaps to be a mascot or special guest of the club/player. Another raffle prize could be to have the player concerned visit the winners school for assembly.

Numbers and money may vary from above, and different ideals could be used around the same format, but it would be a way of generating interest from local kids and maybe other family members who may not usually come to games.

I also think the club should use relegation as a positive not negative(OK sounds mad I know) but thinking along the siege mentality thing here, make this a new beginning for ICT lets get behind our club show the rest that we our passionate even in defeat and that we will rise again etc.

Think this is a great idea. My middle son is always wanting to sponsor a player in the programme but expensive. Maybe running a separate page for kids sponsorship. Will these ideas be picked up by the club?

Guest birdog

Encourage the club to refrain from using pipers to drive away the crowds, recruit friends and family to the ICT fold, encourage the club to reinstate the free tickets for U12s policy, more club/supporters organised events (I remember the ST holders childrens Xmas party) fans could join the supporter's trust and become more involved, encourage the club to try to steal some of County's potential support by sending coaches to schools north of Sneck and not just East and West. But most of all we need to turn up to matches since the glory hunters will disapear in their droves, maybe, just maybe the club will remember who really are their bread and butter.

I think the problem is the contributions people can make other than buying stuff from the club e.g season tickets or football tops is very limited due to the massive sums of money needed to help the club but the suggestions so far have been pretty good.

One of the most importnat things would be to renew season tickets and get to games whenever you can.

I used to love games in the lower divisions, especially away days at almondvale and palmerston and even somerset park. We need to keep behind the team with our singing, and remember we are still a small club.

This has been on ym mind non-stop today, how can i get behind the team more!

Im not a season ticket holder as its no use to me, as i play in a band that plays most weekends, however i come up to the games any time i am off. I also make alot of away games, but how much does this help the away club? any one know? I have no excuse about where i am from, its even better in the SFL just about, Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy, Dundee etc.

I usually spend a wad of cash when i am up in the club shop anyway, and buy all the new kits and stuff anyway. Was even thinking of ways to get my band invloved somehow. We do our own stuff, but we also do covers old and new so we can do pub gigs. Been going down a storm locally for ages, and im desperate to get up and play Inverness, probably Mavericks or something - maybe hold a fundraiser and make some money for them?

Ach i dunno, just things ive been thinking about. Glad to hear there are people that are desperate to do the same thing - help the club!!

Now that raffle thing is a good plan. Get some signed Shirts and Footballs maybe some free match tickets. Then get volunteers i.e us fans to sell the tckets to Friends, Family and maybe get some people who are willing to sell them in the town centre.

Now that raffle thing is a good plan. Get some signed Shirts and Footballs maybe some free match tickets. Then get volunteers i.e us fans to sell the tckets to Friends, Family and maybe get some people who are willing to sell them in the town centre.

Good idea!!

Make every game a pay at the gate.

1st division games are generally pay at the gate. It is unlikely we will ever reach a sell out crowd in the 1st division. Obviously our derby games will have the biggest crowds but unlikely they will sell out.

Does anyone know the price of this!?

Again I'm sure this is one of the things that will be under discussion at the moment.

To be fair they couldn't afford to provide hospitality as it was last season for any less money as they had put on some really good offers.

I would expect that the format would need to change in some way.

I would like to see a pay bar with a light lunch making it affordable to most people and the club would make money on the bar takings.