FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Idea for MFR?

football is entertainment (or it should be) and listening to that tinny sound system is embarrasing. I think a decent sound system would improve the 'atmosphere' situation and with a better atmosphere may even attract more fans. This shoe string budget argument really doesn't bode well if the club is thinking about moving in the right direction if you know what I mean. Speak to most folks who DON'T go on a regular basis cite the lack of fun and atmosphere. I'm sure a decent PA system at the singing section with the seats removed wouldn't be too expensive

The last figure I saw for revamping the PA System was something like ?35,000...that's not exactly "shoestring" kinda money.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

football is entertainment (or it should be) and listening to that tinny sound system is embarrasing. I think a decent sound system would improve the 'atmosphere' situation and with a better atmosphere may even attract more fans. This shoe string budget argument really doesn't bode well if the club is thinking about moving in the right direction if you know what I mean. Speak to most folks who DON'T go on a regular basis cite the lack of fun and atmosphere. I'm sure a decent PA system at the singing section with the seats removed wouldn't be too expensive

The last figure I saw for revamping the PA System was something like ?35,000...that's not exactly "shoestring" kinda money.

no investment no moving forward. I can see a prolonged spell in the first coming up... ICT need to concentrate on the fans not the hospitailty. And you've avoided the rest of my post. I take it you think that the games wouldn't be improved with a better pa system? Wonder if there's one going cheap in the lothians...

football is entertainment (or it should be) and listening to that tinny sound system is embarrasing.

How many people spend all that money going to football matches to listen to music with great sound quality? Yes it might be part of the "package", but a miniscule part. I don't imagine we'd get any more fans at all if we spent thousands on an upgrade.

football clubs are businesses pure and simple. I get countless e-mails from the club trying to flog hospitaility. My point is that if they improved the game experience they may get bigger crowds.

Decent pies - how many folk have been swayed to go to rugby park for the pies? I have for one! And there was a tiny queue.

Stewards who don't act like they own the universe - it is fans who pay their wages. Regardless of wether or not when we go back up I'm put off going to tannadice because of the stewarding.

The problem here lies with the board. I think a good youth set up would be a positive move, as would s bit of investment in infrastructure.

Even before you get In to the ground many people who drive pay to park. Then when you come out Any sign of the stewards? No chance. My feeling is that the club needs to improve the match day in all the ways it can in order to attract fans. The sound system is just a part of it. Perhaps with many people moving to the Highlands and going to watch football with no affiliation to any team they might choose to stay away from the TCS with these factors in mind. Apologies for the rant but not much has changed at the club for too long

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Do I think atmosphere would be improved by a new PA System.....Not enough to justify the expenditure.

I do think there's plenty more can be done to improve the matchday experience though, and I'm constantly badgering people at the club about it personally as well as being a being a member of the Trust Board who are also keen to see improvements.

I think we've gone far enough off topic on this thread now, and if you think the subject of where/how the club spends money needs discussed further then it might be best to open a separate thread for it. You (we all) also have the Boardroom Banter available as a means of putting questions to the club so you could raise the point there and get an answer from the Club Board as I can only give my opinion and understanding of things and not any "official" club stance.

Do I think atmosphere would be improved by a new PA System.....Not enough to justify the expenditure.

I do think there's plenty more can be done to improve the matchday experience though, and I'm constantly badgering people at the club about it personally as well as being a being a member of the Trust Board who are also keen to see improvements.

I think we've gone far enough off topic on this thread now, and if you think the subject of where/how the club spends money needs discussed further then it might be best to open a separate thread for it. You (we all) also have the Boardroom Banter available as a means of putting questions to the club so you could raise the point there and get an answer from the Club Board as I can only give my opinion and understanding of things and not any "official" club stance.

The last thing I'm going to say is that the club needs to focus on getting youngsters in as fans and try to attract people who have moved to the area. I enjoyed the atmosphere at the Forres friendly to be honest. Chilled, relaxed and no badgering by stewards. And there was no music! I want to see the club move forward and they need to think more about the fans. I don't want to start a new thread and this is my final post on the topic. Sorry for going on. Also apologies as I didn't know you're ICT staff

Edited by Top Six Next Year

What about this to run out to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P93cI_u1mng?

Good tune, and could make a good fan anthem as well. Far better than that Highland Cathedral cringefest. No wonder opposition fans must think Inverness is still stuck in the dark ages. Out comes the teams and their point is proven.

Any chance of getting some scores at half time? Not just the scores from our league either, many people attending games (myself included) regularly have bets on and rarely does anyone read out the scores - sometimes not even the ones from our own league.

Good tune, and could make a good fan anthem as well. Far better than that Highland Cathedral cringefest. No wonder opposition fans must think Inverness is still stuck in the dark ages. Out comes the teams and their point is proven.

So we prove were up to date and a modern club by playing a 20 year old track , good thinking :huh:

I know we have at least one, if not more, members of this site who belong to a band so perhaps we could get an original song written by a fan who has talent in that field ???

Alternatively - how about doing something like one of the Toronto FC supporters groups did ? One of the posters on the U-Sector board I frequent knows Alan Frew, the lead singer from Glass Tiger (an 80s band for the young ones on here). One of their hits was a song called "My Town" which was originally recorded featuring Rod Stewart. Alan re-recorded it (at no charge) with some of the lyrics changed so that it became a Toronto FC song. As I am at work, I cant post the youtube link (blocked) but if you search for "my town toronto fc" or something like that you will see it.

This song in and of itself might be a decent song to use as it does have a Scottish feel to it (probably because Frew is Scottish and Rod Stewart was featured on the original), but if there are any other "perfect" songs, why not get in touch with the artist or their agent and see if they might be prepared to customise it a bit and do something similar.

So we prove were up to date and a modern club by playing a 20 year old track , good thinking :018:

Thanks for that inspiring and inspirational reply. Age doesn't matter, type of music does, and reckon that's a good tune. You seem to have a bit of a obssession with my posts, so don't bother replying again. Maybe it's time you went outside and got some fresh air, and when you come back maybe thinking before you post and actually puting something constructive and relevant up, not just digs at everyone like you always do.

Edited by Renegade

So we prove were up to date and a modern club by playing a 20 year old track , good thinking :angry:

Thanks for that inspiring and inspirational reply. Age doesn't matter, type of music does, and reckon that's a good tune. You seem to have a bit of a obssession with my posts, so don't bother replying again. Maybe it's time you went outside and got some fresh air, and when you come back maybe thinking before you post and actually puting something constructive and relevant up, not just digs at everyone like you always do.

:lol: Every second post you put up starts with that. Prob because every other post you put on is ridiculas.

:blink: This post will prob get a thanks for the inspiring and inspirational reply

Ok, this thread now gets the yellow card. If it degenerates further into the trading of personal insults, it will be closed because of those participating in that behaviour. Want to continue winding each other up ? Please do so by other means like PM or Email !

Ok, this thread now gets the yellow card. If it degenerates further into the trading of personal insults, it will be closed because of those participating in that behaviour. Want to continue winding each other up ? Please do so by other means like PM or Email !

What an uninspired and uninpirational reply.....

Jyrojets had broken up last I had heard. Dead Or Alive would be an interesting tune to run out to. Caley D do you have anything by Girls Aloud?

:angry: Oh well I'm safe then!

Jyrojets had broken up last I had heard.

That's a shame I thought they were alright.

With the mention of Girls Aloud, I can see this spinning off into a direction of the WORST songs we could run out to ..... so before anyone else nominates, I would just like to say ....... "Cheeky Girls" :angry:

That's a shame I thought they were alright.

Quite enjoyed their album myself. Saw them in Snafu in Aberdeen about a year ago. Decent.

With the mention of Girls Aloud, I can see this spinning off into a direction of the WORST songs we could run out to ..... so before anyone else nominates, I would just like to say ....... "Cheeky Girls" :angry:

Girls Aloud are a fantastic pop act. Anyone who says otherwise is just wrong. There is no debating this issue.

I think we should run out to "Something Kinda Ooh!" or maybe "Long Hot Summer".