FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Balamory

Yngwie

Are there any fans out there? Did anyone grow up with it? Does anyone have a thing for Miss Hooley?

I watch an episode every single day. Which when you've only got 1 DVD of it, gets a bit repetitive. But the wee one doesn't mind, she can't get enough.

Her pronunciations of the character names are quite amusing - Dozy Dump, Eadie Paedie, and showing astuteness beyond her 22 months, PC Dumb.

The actor who plays Spencer now drives the No. 7 bus in Perth, and is very friendly and cheerful. When I saw in the credits that the guy playing Archie is Miles Jupp, I remembered that I saw him about 8 years ago in a comedy night of supposedly up and coming stand ups. He generally made jokes about being posh. (Things didn't quite work out for him as well as they did for a young Frankie Boyle who was also on the bill).

What's the story in Balamory...

Ms Hooley - the Nursery Teacher with the annoying weegie accent - is married to Greg Hempill (?) from Still Game.

And wasn't the cop, PC Dumb right enough! caught snogging his boyfriend by some traumatised little kids? ... so the story goes.

Great wee programme :009:

The brother of that Miles Jupp is at my 'workplace' and looks pretty like him. You can imagine the stick he gets. Or maybe not, since he disappeared several months ago. On the sick or whatever, nobody seems to know.

If any Balamory character was going to turn gay, i would have bet on archie who wears pink, lives in a pink castle and looks a bit like a geek......