FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

DENZIL

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Im predicting a goal spree from thje Denzil and Dargo partnership - after a quiet start from one half - I think its about to explode! Heres hoping its against Celtic - 2 goals from both of them would be nice.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

okay dargo may have not got of to a loud start but you musat agree looks more like scoring than Denzil. LAst season Dargo was given time to make an impact therefore so should Denzil

okay dargo may have not got of to a loud start but you musat agree looks more like scoring than Denzil.

I don't actually. I think both of them look a bittie off the pace at times.

Dargo was given time to make an impact therefore so should Denzil

Completely agree. Those people who call for Dennis to be dropped obviously think that purely based on the fact he hasn't scored. Some of his link up play has been key to us creating chances and I would like to see him play against Celtic.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

One thing about Dennis though is sometimes he cuts a solemn figure both on the pitch and off it.

I have no doubts that he will hit a rich vein of form soon though - whether or not that cheers him up who knows.

Denzil is a good footballer, but the problem is we employ him as a striker, sombody to score goals.  We have an abundance of midfielders, it is a pity he has to drop deeper to come from the midfield rather than getting the service he used to receive from Mann and Robson on the edge of the box...........scoop and double shuffle later, the ball was in the net. Thats what we want, not another midfielder. Personally, Bayne has as much right to get a start as Denzil.

You have been magnificent to watch over the years Dennis but we can't wait forever. I'm afraid that you must make way for an alternative partnership. I hope as much as anyone that your goal-scoring prowess will return, but, in the meantime.........................

Rather than having a go at Denzil perhaps we should be asking why we continue to punt the ball up to both our strikers rather than playing to there strengths and passing to there feet or into the chanel.

Dennis & Dargs aren't going to win many in the air against 6ft+ defenders and yet we constantly hit it long from the back

Agree kencar, he is just not getting the service he should be getting. He is a goal threat, but not the way we throw balls ten feet into the air in his direction. Bayne is more suited to this and showed his worth today. It's not entirely Denzils fault, but he could show more commitment, and the team should repay that by supplying him with the service he deserves.

I'd like to see Denzil, Dargo and Bayne play together from the start.  Dargo on the right wing possibly and/or with Denzil playing link man between midfield and attack.  However, we would probably also need Russell Duncan in midfield to give more bite and accurate passing than Rankin offers at present.

Bring back Bobby Mann, he may have been a defender but he provided Wyness with some of the best service he has ever had.  A ball from the edge of the 18yrd box on to the chest of wyness at the opposite end, drops to his feet, he turns, he twists and gives a little shuffle...bang, balls in the net.

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Denzil will come good soon - i had many a heated conversation last year about Dargo's crudentials - ending in a substantial bet that he would score 15 goals last season. I predict the same again but this time for Denzil. I stil think he should start against hearts next week. Bayne only gives us the high ball route one option. I personally think Bayne is more of a div 1 player but in recent weeks he has been winning more balls in the air which in effect could benefit dargo more. However he can not score - even Denzil not  firing on all cylinders looks more of a threat.