FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jefferies gone

Stevie

Guest Mahonio

I expect this would have been a resignation from JJ and agreed by Johnston but it doesn't surprise me because of the terrible way JJ was treated, i mean asking a player about the managers tactics.

I think Gus will be early favourite with people like Jimmy Calderwood, John Collins and Ossie Ardiles (putting himself forward) touted but not Butch, which may surprise a lot of fans because i have put his name forward to other jobs.

Just gotta pray that Jeffries stays unemployed long enough to be persuaded up here at the end of the season.

Although i was at great pains to dampen any attempt to link him with Scotland job, i actually think he'd be a very good manager for ICT. Can see him getting a bigger job in Scottish or lower league English football though.

Surely this job is made for Angus.

Given the resources at his disposal, I think Jeffries has done a decent job over a number of seasons. If we were managerless and he was jobless I wouldnt be unhappy to see him in the home ICT dugout.

Did superbly well with virtually no money ever to spend. Got them in the top 6 more than once.

Helped develope the likes of Steven Naismith and Kris Boyd, salvaged careers such as Kevin Kyle and Mehdi Taouil.

With the years of service and loyalty he has given them he is a man that can leave with his head held high.

A move i suspect Killie might regret.

Poor Jimmo. As already been said, would be happy to see him in our dugout - if we were mangerless and he was looking for a job.

Shouldnt think he would be unemployed for long. But where do Killie go from here.

I think Jeffries is a fantastic manager tbh. What he did at Kilmarnock was brilliant. Not many managers could work for 8 years with a working mans budget in a football club and a Chairman who is a tit. He done a great job and deserves all the plaudits he can get. Would love to see him at ICT.

Jefferies and Brown are an established managerial team who have enjoyed success at a number of clubs over long number of years. They have done well at Kilmarnock in the face of a huge debt and a budget that has been severely cut year after year. Latterly, theie seems little doubt that the chairman has, for whatever reason, et out to render their position at Rugby Park untenable.

I would be very happy indeen if hey were to bring their ability and experience to the TCS.

Made lowly Falkirk a respectable SPL club. Almost won the SPL with Hearts. Won their first silverware in decades. Got Bradford fighting, even if it was no use in the end (and no-one managed any better after it), then got virtually bankrupt Killie into the top 6 a few times, despite wage cuts (for both him and their players), staff cuts and players being sold for millions but without money being re-invested. He also turned down a move to Aberdeen to stay with Killie. So much for loyalty.

For me, he's been the best Scottish manager in recent years (by that, I mean after the MacLeans and Fergusons had become established).

He's a bit defensive minded is he not?

Not by nature, no. Depends on the players he's got available. Remember that great Hearts team he had with Paul Ritchie and Davie Weir at the back, Colin Cameron and Neil McCann on the wings, plus Stephen Adam up front? Falkirk as well were pretty good to watch. In fact, Killie were too for a good while.

I suspect it might be Motherwell. Billy Brown wants to stay in the area (that's why JJ turned down Aberdeen).

He's a bit defensive minded is he not?

Not by nature, no. Depends on the players he's got available. Remember that great Hearts team he had with Paul Ritchie and Davie Weir at the back, Colin Cameron and Neil McCann on the wings, plus Stephen Adam up front? Falkirk as well were pretty good to watch. In fact, Killie were too for a good while.

I suspect it might be Motherwell. Billy Brown wants to stay in the area (that's why JJ turned down Aberdeen).

I too think they will end up at Fir Park, probably sooner rather than later.

Made lowly Falkirk a respectable SPL club. Almost won the SPL with Hearts.

And before that he did well at Gala Fairydean and then Berwick. Was he Gala manager when we (or rather Caley) put them out of the Cup round about 1985?

As a player he played for Gala Fairydean, Berwick and Hearts, and went on to manager all 3.

Edited by Yngwie