FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tokely at Left Back

Renegade

So Tokely was at left back tonight. How do you think he did? Personally, when I first saw him lining up there I thought it was going to be somewhat of a disaster, but he did all right. On the whole, he did have a rather quiet game by his standards and at times did seem to want to cut inside obviously due to the fact he wasn't on his natural side, but on the whole he wasn't bad. What did you make of Tokely in that position?

He's an experienced pro, and should surely be capable of playing in more than one position.

Having said that I wouldn't want to see him at CB again, after the Falkirk debacle that got us relegated.

He did ok tonight at LB.

Edited by Johnboy

A more than ample replacement.

Like Johnboy says, experienced pro so he should be capable of playing well in a variety of areas.

Only thing that concerned me was he always looked to move the ball onto his right foot.

I don't think Rossco at Left Back hindered him, or the team, in any way. In fact, for the first time in a long time we had a back four that looked solid and comfortable working together. Was only one moment in the second half where they looked to be p**sing about a bit too much and I thought it might cost us...other than that I couldn't fault them.

Kilmarnocks Team Selection

Tokely

Tokely Tokely Tokely Tokely

Tokely Tokely Tokely Tokely

Tokely Tokely

this post signifys Tokely can play where you put him... infact he can play all 11 starting postitions at once.

shh shh shh Turn over, you have an hour :022:

Edited by RenegadeJnr

Thought he looked pretty uncomfortable but did a good job. Looked like he was out of position a lot of the time and that definitely curbed his natural enthusiasm to go forward.

Having said that, Motherwell didn't threaten down our left side and there were no problems so I'm perhaps being a bit harsh!

I agree with Bridge Ender. He did well enough but was never really tested. One of his strengths is the surging runs up the park often with good balls into the centre. If he did go forward at all last night he needed to check back to use his right foot and was less effective.

With Hayes on the right there is less need for Tokely to surge forward so maybe the tactic was to give some solidity in the back four. If so, I'd say it worked - this time.