FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dennis Wyness and Mo Camara

Dan Clark

Both players have been released from st mirren. could dennis still do a job for us and would camara solve our lb problem till the end of the season

I don't think Wyness could play upfront for us but if he was signed to play in the hole i.e. instead of Sanchez he'd do a grand job IMO.. football has no place for sentiment (apparently) but I'd love to see him end his career at ICT and I'd love to see the shuffle a few more times

Mo Camara... a year ago my reply would be "**** off he's probably the worst player I've ever seen, infact, he is the worst player I've ever seen"

now, "aye he would probably do a job for us"

Just read in the ever reliable Metro, that Gus has told Wyness that if he wants more regular football then he would be allowed to find himself another club.

Given his proven track record in the 1st division, would it be worth moving Barrowman on and bringing in Wyness?

He came back before so its not like its a hoodoo thing. The only problem may be his wages.

Both could do a job me thinks.

Chibber is right, Denzil wpuld make a decent attacking mid now. He is also experienced. Mo Camara wouldnt be a bad aquisition either.

No to Camara, simply because we've already got three left-backs and the money could be better used elsewhere.

No (with reservations) to Wyness too. He may well do the Sanchez job but my view is we need to start rebuilding with younger or exceptional players. If we were really challenging for promotion (and I don't think that's realistic), then Wyness would be a decent shout but, with Imrie being able to go into that slot, plus that money being used for another player with more future potential (or keeping Foran/Imrie), it's a reluctant no.

I'd love to have him back, and I reckon he could do a job for us. Though Im not sure how much of that is sentiment for a player I admired alot when he was here and thought Brewster treated him shoddily.

And when I think about it, up front isn't really a problem area. Defence, centre mid perhaps are the areas of the team that need strengthened and even then another loan as cover may be worth a try over getting someone in permanently.

The left back slot does need sorting however we have 3 and its not very good handling of resourses to get another one in unless we cut 2 loose. Which we probably cant afford to do anyway.

What if Wyness is pants though? What happens then? How is he remembered? It would be a risky one however, if he was the tits, then he would be a double club legend, so, yeah, go for it Tel. It's a guaranteed way to keep the fans behind the club.

Neither player would improve our squad IMO, last few times i've seen Denzil he's been pysh, and Camara, well he's no better than Lionel.

And you have to look at the money side of it, more wages for players you already have cover for, better spend what little money we have on a central defender.

No to Wyness please. He was atrocious in his second spell. I remember him playing up-front a few times with McAllister and it was literally like playing the 4-4-0 formation. He's absolutely hopeless these days.

On Camera, I'm led to believe he makes Lionel look like Roberto Carlos, no matter how many caps he has.

We don't need players who are well past their best, we need to build for the future.

We don't need attackers, we need defenders.

We don't need attackers who don't score goals.

Signing Wyness would be worse than signing Golabek, at least he provided another option in an area where we are very weak.

It's just not going to happen, and nor should it.

We don't need players who are well past their best, we need to build for the future.

We don't need attackers, we need defenders.

We don't need attackers who don't score goals.

Signing Wyness would be worse than signing Golabek, at least he provided another option in an area where we are very weak.

It's just not going to happen, and nor should it.

you'll have egg on your face if we sign both :P

Was just saying if Wyness is played as an attacking midfielder (more provider than goal scorer) I think he could do just as good a job if not better than Sanchez, no?

goals win games... score more than them and we don't need a decent defence :blink:

Was just saying if Wyness is played as an attacking midfielder (more provider than goal scorer) I think he could do just as good a job if not better than Sanchez, no?

I think Sanchez has more skill, control and creativity.

Wyness was past his best when we let him go before. Has he improved? I don't think so. Forget it. Also I think we can do better than Camara (or whatever his name is).

have we?

I think Sanchez has more skill, control and creativity.

Really? I think Wyness is one of the most creative players we've ever had at the club. Usually these attributes are the last thing to go for a player... playing amateur football in Glasgow it's the 40+ players are always the most composed and creative players on the park.

Can't see it happening though...

]Wyness was past his best when we let him go before. Has he improved?

have we?

We're worse than we were when he left.

So by your logic is he would look better now, in the present team, than he did in the team he was in about 18 months ago?

Very interesting....

:004: