FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jimmy says aye to the Killie pies

HumbersideDude

F - but there's always one ass**** shouting abuse at his own players - this plonker seemed to hate Rooney - before he left he called Rooney a B--tard - some supporter ye

That *** was behind me and I also sat next to him in the main stand for the Dundee game on boxing day. He had his wee boy/future jail bird on his knee whilst he launched all sorts of vile at ref, for a decision he got right. At Killie at least he left his family out of it. My mum twice stopped me going over to tell him to go home. Hold me back..........

That was the longest chant I've ever heard. It had the feel of a continental game. I went from wanting it to stop, to joining in and hoping it went on forever.

Seemed to be quite a young guy as well, only in his 20's or early 30's.. I thought you had to be over 40 to be that miserable..

I've seen him at a few games always sits away from the crowd of fans and gives the players pelters

I thought you had to be over 40 to be that miserable..

Steady laddie!!!! ;) :clapping03: :clapping03:

Some people, though, do seem to need a medium through which to express what must be their fundamental frustrations with life - some of these, I think, quite deep rooted and maybe even subconscious.

Football seems quite frequently to be adopted as just that medium. You know the kind of folk I mean. They nominally latch on to a particular club and actually appear to be quite fervent supporters. But when you look more closely at their behaviour, the most common trait by far is the consistent expression of dissatisfaction, apparently caused by and the fault of a player, manager etc of the football club although what they are really expressing is actually something quite separate. This tends to be at its worst when the football club fails to supply them with their craved for shot of self gratification.

I think the Old Firm suffer from this quite a lot.

Freud would find these people very interesting indeed.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Some people, though, do seem to need a medium through which to express what must be their fundamental frustrations with life - some of these, I think, quite deep rooted and maybe even subconscious.

Football seems quite frequently to be adopted as just that medium. You know the kind of folk I mean. They nominally latch on to a particular club and actually appear to be quite fervent supporters. But when you look more closely at their behaviour, the most common trait by far is the consistent expression of dissatisfaction, apparently caused by and the fault of a player, manager etc of the football club although what they are really expressing is actually something quite separate. This tends to be at its worst when the football club fails to supply them with their craved for shot of self gratification.

Dalneigh Caley? ;)

Guys, lets stop the flaming of each other now. It is spamming the discussion and taking what promised to be a light hearted thread way off topic and is not warranted. If you want to have a pop at each other please do it via PM !