FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Blackie Signs 'til 2009...

davieB

...according to the Highland News. Good stuff :clapping04:

It also says we're close to signing a striker before the deadline, but this is dependent on the selling club being able to get a replacement in. No idea who it might be though.

The article headline says he has signed the contract. The article itself says it's just a matter of getting Blackies agent up here to do the business. I'm not so sure they'd have come out with such a definite headline if it wasn't true. Other news reports always seem to say the players are 'ready' to sign. I'm totally pissed off with all these statements we keep releasing regarding players and contracts(what's happened to Dargos??), it's just making us look amateurish as a club. For once though I do believe this one, and I do believe Black has/will signed the contract extension.

If he fecks off to Hibs tomorrow then both me and the HN are gonna look right twats :001:

Correct me if I'm wrong here Davie but how can he feck of to Hibs tomorrow. He is still contracted to next year regardless of whether he signs his extention or not. Blackie has publicly stated that he is satisfied with his new terms and would be signing when he can get his agent up. Stop panicking. The mans staying.

Whichever, it is good news that he has decided to extend his stay. I admire him for doing so when it was evident that he could have increased his earnings significantly by getting a move.

However, his new contract will almost certainly contain an escape clause for him if a specified transfer fee is offered. As a result I don't expect him to see out all of this new contract, but at least the club should get a reasonable fee if he moves on.