Renegade

For me -

Esson

Tokely-----Bulvitis-----Munro-----Eagle

Hayes Cox Djebi-Zadi

Sanchez Rooney Foran

Subs - Allison, Odhiambo, Proctor, Ross, McBain

Edited by Renegade

Thanks to Alex raising the SFL rules we have a full squad to pick from.

With russel missing Raith and Morton or Morton Qos if its a full 14 days from the offence ( providing its a 2 game suspension)

Which means we have a full squad for the County game, providing no red reds are shown prior.

.............Esson

Tokely..Munro..Bulvitis..Golabek

..........Cox...Duncan

Hayes.....Foran........Eagle

............Rooney

Sub: Allison, McBain, Sanchez, Odihambo

I think Sanchez will be out-muscled by Airdrie, so put Foran in for some physical presence. Put Eagle on the wing as he is great at crossing and Hayes on the other side so he can cut in and cause problems. Sanchez on the bench as he could be the perfect sub to change things around.

Edited by mikeyboy

----------------Esson---------------

Tokely--Bulvitis--Munro--Golabek

Hayes--------Duncan--------Eagle

---------------Sanchez-------------

---------Rooney-------Foran--------

Subs: Allison, Proctor, Ross, Cox, Odhiambo

Anyone else think that this 4-2-3-1 thing has had it's day?

Horses for courses, mate, but I think we'll see a more attack minded formation for this one....

Are you still sticking with your selection (top of the thread) in light of the news that Duncan and Gollabeck are availabe for selection?

Maybe not for away games, but ICT need to starting winning homes game that would otherwise be draws. I reckon this formation should be scrapped at home from now on and ICT attack and win games comfortably at home, something this formation doesn't always do.

Are you still sticking with your selection (top of the thread) in light of the news that Duncan and Gollabeck are availabe for selection?

No, I'd change it. If Duncan and Golly are indeed available I'd go -

Esson

Tokely-----Bulvitis-----Munro-----Golabek

Cox Duncan Hayes

Sanchez Rooney Foran

Subs - Allison, Eagle, Djebi-Zadi, Proctor, Odhiambo/McBain/Ross

Edited by Renegade

I'm not slagging of your descision or anything, Renegade, but what is your reasoning for putting Eagle as a left-back? And also Djebi in the middle. I'd maybe uinderstand if it was the other way about, but I think Djebi has already proved he's even more useless when he's not played as a full back.

First of all, I thought Eagle had a very good game on Saturday, and IIRC when he signed for ICT, it was reported that he could play left wing, as well as a left back. Along with that, as you can see I've gone with a rather attack minded, Dutch-esque 4-3-3 which would give the full backs the opportunity to get forward.

With Lionel, I've always believed that he is a fairly effective player going forward, despite having his, how shall we say, moments at the back. If he was played in this position, with a licence to go forward, and out of harms way at the back, then I think he could be a fairly effective player.

I see, didn't realise he could play left-back. To be honest if Golly is missing, I'd now be inclined to play Eagle there then. Can't be worse than Djebi anyway. I do actually agree with what your saying with playing a different formation at home, well at least against the so called 'weaker' teams. Not sure if I'd have the balls to go 4-3-3 but definately 2 up front. Then again we scored 3 against Ayr at home with this formation, who were and still are on a run......so I think I may have just contradicted myself actually.

No, I'd change it. If Duncan and Golly are indeed available I'd go -

Esson

Tokely-----Bulvitis-----Munro-----Golabek

Cox Duncan Hayes

Sanchez Rooney Foran

Subs - Allison, Eagle, Djebi-Zadi, Proctor, Odhiambo/McBain/Ross

Ren. Using the players you have there the formation could be 4-33, 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1 or plane old 4-4-2. That is one advantage we have. Those ten outfielders are able to easily adapt to the different formations. The secret to good tactics is reading the set up of the oppenents and countering by changing your own formation to suit. Without making substitutions.