FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Partick Th -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

Fantastic day for us, what a turnaround to be top of the league...I will be first to admit I never thought I would see this, its totally in our hands and I don't think we will throw it way now.

Stevico- I & a few others said at the start of the season; while ICT were hanging around 5th,6th & 7th place that they were in the right place as the top 3 of the time, Dundee, County & QOS would eventually tire/bottle it leaving ICT to quietly overtake them. So im happy that our game plan has panned out.

Great results today and i agree we cant throw this away.The prize is way too precious.

Yes I agree a few said we could do it, I also remember Alex saying we were well placed a good few months ago I just couldn't see, I am very glad I was wrong.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic day for us, what a turnaround to be top of the league...I will be first to admit I never thought I would see this, its totally in our hands and I don't think we will throw it way now.

Stevico- I & a few others said at the start of the season; while ICT were hanging around 5th,6th & 7th place that they were in the right place as the top 3 of the time, Dundee, County & QOS would eventually tire/bottle it leaving ICT to quietly overtake them. So im happy that our game plan has panned out.

Great results today and i agree we cant throw this away.The prize is way too precious.

Yes I agree a few said we could do it, I also remember Alex saying we were well placed a good few months ago I just couldn't see, I am very glad I was wrong.

The league is in our hands now Steve. We now have to capitalize on our position. Win every game, especially tuesday night.

The league is in our hands now Steve. We now have to capitalize on our position. Win every game, especially tuesday night.

Totally agree Alex, I might not have believed a few months back but I really don't think we are going to throw it away now.

This **** is on top of the dungheap --but not about to crow yet.

Maybe, after Tuesday night.

Now back to my ****-aleekie soup ..missed my conflakes since I was listening to "Open All Mics".

:021: :021:

Cock, Scarlet?

A great day out and a right good game of fitba today. First half we were immense. MoM Rooney for me, but Foran was back winning headers in our box and Tokely won absolutely every ball in the air. Great support, just feckin magic today, the reaction of TB and the players and the fans at the final whistle was wonderful :021: :021: :021: :D :D :D :021:

Ithink if things keep going like this, there will be a lot of people eating humble pie come the end of the season. :021:

I would be delighted if I have to :021:

+ 1 for the humble pie if we succeed :021:

Fantastic result for us - very well done the boys, Terry and Maurice. The County v Dundee result was just ideal. Tuesday is going to be a huge game for our title aspirations - let's hope the ICT fans fill The Dump and get right behind the team for this one.

:021: :021: :021: :D :D

Brilliant atmosphere the day once again. First half performance was superb,2nd half partick came more into it but theyre a poor side overall apart from their Keeper who got MOM. For us only Odhiambo disappointed yet again, don't know why Sanchez is not starting? Tokley and Foran were the best players on the park. Hopefully we don't blow it!

Saw Mike Noble and his kid before the game, and Mike Edwards was in the away end.

Edited by Pele_Is_God

Great game though no nails by the end, well done everyone. Never expected to see us top the league, fantastic moment when we did. Here's hoping the Pars can take Dundee midweek.

Only one slight gripe, I know free speech and all that, and I swear myself at games, but 90 minutes of listening to people shout "you f*cking c*nt" "you f*cking pr*ck" gets rather tedious after a while. Maybe "your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries" for a bit of variation. Or maybe even something positive towards your own side...

Where's renegade when you need him? Tuesday night is MASSIVE. It could well go down as the night we won the league, and finally silenced the sweetie rustlers. Believe? you'd better believe hombre.

First half was as good as we've been all season. What a difference Foran makes - he won everything in the air and engineered a couple of great shots for himself that would have been spectacular goals if it hadn't been for Jonny Tuffey. Rooney put in a tremendous shift too: he chased everything and produced some really intelligent set-up play as well as tajking his headed goal really well. Cox and Duncan in central midfield were excellent again and Tokely looked solid and commanding at centre half. Eric was our only ineffective player: he just wasn't making the right runs and also has a terrible tendency to avoid putting any pressure on opposition players. a lot of the time he just seemed to float around while all our other players were chasing and harrying everything.

Partick were much better second half and that frustrating tenedency we have had all season to relinquish control of games kicked in again. We sat back too much and although we had chances, we could have thrown it away as we lived dangerously at times. The defence stayed pretty solid in the end, through, and although Foran looked flat out after about 70 minutes he kept fighting, and Dani was far more effective in possession that Eric had been when he came on.

Great support today - 300-400 at a guess, singing throughout, and there were memorable moments when Tokely came straight to the away end after the final whistle, and Terry punched the air as the away support chanted "We are top of the league". It's a relief in a way that I won't make the game on Tuesday - the nerves couldn't go through that again.

Great first half performance - why is Tuffey at Plastic Whistle? Much too good for them, only he kept the score respectable. Much tougher in the second half, yet few saves to make for Esson - huge performances at the back by Golly and Rossco, and I thought the RussDunc was immense as well.

Happily, even with all their pressure, Plastic Whistle were woeful finishers; even when that ball trickled into the six yard box late on they didn't look to have a clue what to do with it.

Us Weegie and Proud types particularly enjoy results like this; Plastic Whistle supporters are demanding greetinfaces almost as bad as Old Firm supporters and it gives me a wee glow to think of the tears being shed into fancy cocktails in the poncier bars of Byres Road tonight.

Great result today. As I predicted on another thread, the BA cabin crew strike prevented my planned trip north today. However a pal of mine who supports Reading had a spare season ticket for their match against West Brom today, so I went to that. I had my phone tuned into the BBC sport website monitoring ICT's score for the whole game. When I saw that Rooney had put us ahead, those sitting around me must have thought I'd gone loopy for letting out a cheer at what was a rare quiet spell in Reading's match. Like ICT, Reading have had a great unbeaten league run over the past ten weeks or so. Long may it continue for both of them.

First half was as good as we've been all season. What a difference Foran makes - he won everything in the air and engineered a couple of great shots for himself that would have been spectacular goals if it hadn't been for Jonny Tuffey. Rooney put in a tremendous shift too: he chased everything and produced some really intelligent set-up play as well as tajking his headed goal really well. Cox and Duncan in central midfield were excellent again and Tokely looked solid and commanding at centre half. Eric was our only ineffective player: he just wasn't making the right runs and also has a terrible tendency to avoid putting any pressure on opposition players. a lot of the time he just seemed to float around while all our other players were chasing and harrying everything.

Partick were much better second half and that frustrating tenedency we have had all season to relinquish control of games kicked in again. We sat back too much and although we had chances, we could have thrown it away as we lived dangerously at times. The defence stayed pretty solid in the end, through, and although Foran looked flat out after about 70 minutes he kept fighting, and Dani was far more effective in possession that Eric had been when he came on.

Great support today - 300-400 at a guess, singing throughout, and there were memorable moments when Tokely came straight to the away end after the final whistle, and Terry punched the air as the away support chanted "We are top of the league". It's a relief in a way that I won't make the game on Tuesday - the nerves couldn't go through that again.

Typically spot-on assessment from Alternative Maryhill and I agree with every point made. Foran was on fire in the first half, indeed, the whole team were (apart from Eric). I aged ten years in the last half-hour. But come the final-whistle we were/are top of the league!! Superb result, superb day out.:blink:

Have to say that was one of the best atmosphere i have been part of all season. What made the difference today was that everyone in the stand was takin part and the roar and the end showed how much it meant to everybody. Loved the subs faces when we started the "we're top of the league" chant. The players reaction at the end, Esson in particular, showed how much these boys want to succeed. Was a cracking day out and here's hopin the rest of the season stays this way. The whole team performed really well, bar eric who was just behind the play but i still think he has a part to play. Rooney is on top form these days and its not just his finishing thats got better. The control of the ball outside the box was top notch and set up numerous chances. Cant wait to trash the county now

i would add my sentiments to that foran was everywhere. First half we dominated and if hadnt been for tuffey tehn it would have been 3 points in the bag at half time. He made some wonderful saves as we dominated from start to finish of the half. Foran what a cross for rooneys header great ball great header great goal. Second half we still should have put it away hayes should have scored but tuffey again and then a cracker from cox which brought out the save of the day for me from tuffey. Liam buchannan had one chance that he should have scored but apart from that they put us under pressure but didnt really trouble esson. There shooting was wild and roscoe was immense heading the ball away in dangerous situations. And yet again Foran back in his own penalty area getting the ball clear what a shift he put in. The atmosphere was immense by our support today and the stand was bouncing when we heard the equaliser had been scored in dingwall. Chants of we are top of the league and we are going up rang around and then to cap it off terry pumping his 2 fists at us at full time what a day and now what a time to go up top long may this run continue

Great day - the team were immense - apart from Eric. Sanchez should get a start with Eric used as a sub. We saw at the end how much it meant to players, management and fans. What an atmosphere. Lets keep it going everyone.

How enjoyable :lol:

We were all over them in the first half and I'm not exagerating when I say MOTM John Tuffey made 3 of the best saves I've seen this season. Utterly fantastic, he will soon be playing at a higher level - thats for sure. Anyway, after that we finally managed to score from a Rooney header, whcih rounded of a very pleasant half. In saying that the only regret from the first 45 was thatw e never scored more.

Partick came more into it in the second half, and although they proably had the bulk of posession they never really created anything or looked like scoring, apart from once where they came very close to equilising. Maybe a couple of others aswell. As we were hanging on for a win, word gets around that County had evened it up against Dundee and we were top of the league. That made the last 5-10 minutes of our game fecking brilliant.

It's been a long time since I've come away from a game as happy as I did today.

Also Rooney was nothign short of brilliant today, the runs he makes and the balls he manages to somehow win made him a pleasure to watch.

Edit: Also, I would like to give a big shout out to the not so very happy Dundee fan I saw in Perth on the way home!

Edited by Iain