FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SHOULD CHARLIE GO?

Guest MIDGE55

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UR OBVIOUSLY ONLY READING THE POSTS YOU WANT 2 READ.  ACTUALLY IT'S "MISS" TO YOU 2.  USED TO WORK AT ICT AND DID SO FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS SO PROBABLY KNOW AT LOT MORE "GOING'S ON" THAN YOU LOT PUT TOGETHER. MOST PEOPLE I SPEAK TO  (OUTWITH THIS BOARD WHICH IS FULL OF DIEHARD SUPPORTERS-SO THE POLL WILL OBVIOUSLY REFLECT THAT TO A CERTAIN EXTENT) THINK HE'S A LAUGHING STOCK AND ICT WILL STRUGGLE MORE THAN EVER WITH HIM AT THE HELM. SURELY TRUE FANS AFTER LAST YEAR SHOULD BE AIMING HIGHER THAN "SURVIVAL"!!  HE DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE ANY MOTIVATIONAL SKILLS UNLIKE BREWSTER WHO HAD A DEFINATE PRESENCE ON AND OFF THE PARK :shakebooty:

Okay so now we know who you are.  You're not really a football fan though are you.  I'm sure you would like to see the team doing well on the park and your reasons for not liking Charlie are more likely to be for reasons 'off the park'.  He is doing okay and will be a good manager.  The players like him and they especially enjoy training with him and Parkie.  That makes for a happy team which in turn will give us better performances.  Starting at Killie tomorrow.

AND NO NEED TO SHOUT BY THE WAY

Surely more like minor adjustments, Mrs PB..??  All we want is to see them produce their away form at home.... I'm sure CC & Donald will sort it out.... :003: :003:

I've said it before on another post, I agree with IHE (but I hear you can get medication for that now!) :003:

Shake the team up, drop Dods and Black, Bring back Caff & Russelldinho

Who was there on the post to fend of the Scumdee Utd attack - oh yeah - Russelldinho!

Guest donmac298

Look on the bright side - I'm sure Charlie would have preferred to have been knocked out of the CIS cup by Falkirk than by Queens Park - ask any Aberdeen fan!

SURELY TRUE FANS AFTER LAST YEAR SHOULD BE AIMING HIGHER THAN "SURVIVAL"!!
The first aim in ANY season is survival in the SPL, anything else is an added (but thoroughly enjoyable) bonus. The difference in cash between the SPL and Division 1 is PHENOMENAL. Put it into perspective. No matter who the manager is, we are a small team, in a small city, with a small support and a small wage budget. We ARE growing each year and if we can stay in the SPL for a further 4 or 5 years we might be able to build on what we have so we can change our wage structure, attract more supporters etc.  A candle that burns twice as brightly only burns half as long ... ask Livi !!!

As for Charlie not attracting players to the TCS, I think that is complete BS. Sure, he might not have the same contacts as Robbo or Brewster and it may be slightly harder for him. However, in this day and age AGENTS are the people who tout players to clubs just as much as managers look to their old stomping grounds. Look at both Robbo or Brew who both came back to ICT for players after they moved elsewhere. Do players go to Gretna because of Rowan Alexander's magnetic personality ? no, didnt think so. Did players sign for McCall at DUFC because he was a fine upstanding gentleman ? Did half the squad hate Brewster because he was such a nice man ? Players sign for a club either because they have an affinity/loyalty towards it or because of the money on offer ... At ICT's level/size, signing for a club because of who the manager happens to be is a very rare happening.

HE DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE ANY MOTIVATIONAL SKILLS UNLIKE BREWSTER WHO HAD A DEFINATE PRESENCE ON AND OFF THE PARK
Presence is one word for it  :017:

No CC should stay put.

Dont know what the problem is at home though, can Charlie motivate the team,is it his tactics, is it the players or is it just the curse of the TCS as some have mentioned?

Macca keeping fingers crossed for 3 points tomorrow.

So from this thread, can we in the press corps feel entitled to go with the line "Caley Thistle fans have given manager Charlie Christie an overwhelming vote of confidence....."?

PS - a post briefly appeared asking if MIDGE55 was actually one of Johndo's windups in the tradition of his legendary GREENBHOY LARSSON alias. Unfortunately it disappeared very quickly because this is a question well worth asking!

IHE... are you at it again?!

So from this thread, can we in the press corps feel entitled to go with the line "Caley Thistle fans have given manager Charlie Christie an overwhelming vote of confidence....."?

dont like the phrase 'vote of confidence' as we know what usually comes next ..... but I guess if it is coming from fans its not as sinister as coming from the chairman  :004:

If you were to say or write something then personally I think you should avoid the 'confidence' phrase and go with something like "...despite calls from one or two for CC's head, the vast majority of online fans displayed their continued and unwavering support for CC as manager" (sure you can word it better though CB)

I don't think this thread should even be mentioned by the press !!!

The question should CC stay or go is a no brainer. It's ridiculous to even suggest his position is in any doubt whatsoever !! We are not bottom of the table...we have played some of the best teams in the league already, with decent results.......and, most importantly of all, we are still above scumdee utd !!! :015:

I would hate to see the day where we have the Eddie Thompson philosophy of management and install a revolving door to the managers office at ICT !!!!

Charlie

Tell the press that our vote of confidence in Charlie is miles in excess of our belief that you will one day become a fine athlete. This thread has been populated by a very small sample which is probably hardly representative and from your professional day job, it is inconceivable that you would regard your current superficial findings and conclusion as scientific.

Miss Midge--you are only fifteen aren't you?

And your profile doesn't help since you have hidden your age..so........um...... is it 51 then?

So we have to make allowances but your attempt at a wind up is valiant and  bold but bad.

You are truly a very naughty , bored, young person so off you go now, up the wooden bumpers, for a wee kip.

And be nice to Charles (NOT CHARLIE) BANNERMAN--he is often the only link we have to sanity on this site.Just sneak up too him  and bask in his aura and you will pick-up a few things that will help you along the hard and stony road that lies ahead of you.

Gosh, Gollie!--it's MISS Mollie :016:

No.

Our home form is poor, but as noted by several on here, this is not something that has been restricted to Charlie's reign.  The way we use our limited resources dictates that we are more effective away from home.  We are four points clear of relegation and have had a relatively difficult start to the season - we have played last season's champions, last season's runners up and two other top six sides from last year so far.  Losing to St Mirren was a disappointing result but they have shown that they are a capable SPL side since then.

If we are going to look to judge Charlie it should be at a much later stage.